Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 252 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed last years event due to Covid so not sure about certain changes. Did they still sell discounted Express pass after 10?

It's been such a long time since we had a music house in Orlando. Alice Cooper: Welcome to my Nightmare received a mixed reaction compared to Hollywood the year before. While we could have gotten Billie Eilish in 2020, it now has been 10 years since Orlando has done a music house. We haven’t seen the full potential yet of what A&D can design today with a music house concept.

As said before, The Weeknd is a wild card, but in my opinion one that has a lot of potential to succeed. It's a refreshing wild card too, especially with the potential set design and lighting we have seen in The Weeknd's concerts and videos that already takes a lot of inspiration from horror. It's at the top of my list of most "intrigued IP house" for HHN31.
Yes, actually this year in general is rather intriguing, last year was very exciting because HHN was back, but rather hollow in execution upon further reflection.

As far as the rumored Eilish house, I was unsure how they would translate the often minimalist visuals into a house and shared my concerns

Yet, I was still greatly intrigued on how it would translate into a house as it could have opened some interesting opportunity for experimentation

The same goes with Weeknd

The Rob Zombie zone got a great big yawn from me personally as did Cooper...I'm finding I'm more pop than I used to think lol
i was just going to quicky reply that, Alice Cooper is one of my least liked houses. i hope we never get anything like that again.

one thing i love is his energy and enthusiasm that i see in general. that gives me good feeling

I missed last years event due to Covid so not sure about certain changes. Did they still sell discounted Express pass after 10?

Yes, but not when Express itself sold out, which ended up being a surprising amount of the time. (Also, it's after 11 on 2 am closes, which there are also more and more of.)

Reactions: LikeMike
Sorry guys, I am not up for any of this weeknd stuff

It really does nothing for me although I am surprised that it has not been announced yet?

It certainly will not be for everyone, nothing is. But it seems like a lot of people on here are excited about it so I hope it ends up being enjoyable for them. The posted show clip doesn't seem that interesting to me but I hope everyone else likes it. I'm always willing to give a house a fair chance and I don't have to enjoy all the houses to love the event.

I am genuinely surprised we haven't gotten the announcement yet for The Weeknd - maybe the theory that he's involved with the shows is right, and all of that info will be announced together?

The greatest thing about The Weeknd is that it is different and it’s not easy to pull off.

A house based off Halloween for example we really know what to expect, Micheal coming out at you, iconic scenes from the film, etc. Here it’s a totally different ball game. It could be music videos, things from live concerts, etc. The thing that excites me so much about The Weeknd is that more time then usual had to of been spent going in and really deciding what works they wanted to showcase in the house. I expect Abel had a lot of say on what he wanted to push in there, and I think that is going to be very ubiquitous in the house. It might even be a little less unfiltered as well. It’s gonna be raw, unique, and from what people have said it will be very pretty.

5-10 years ago would we have never thought that an IP like The Weeknd would be a house at the event. If it’s received and accepted start expecting them more often.

I can’t wait to see it get announced and it is at the number 1 spot for most anticipated house.

Status
Not open for further replies.