Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg what if it’s a among us house

Hmmmm...this is pretty good guess in my opinion. It definitely fits the divisive requirement if it were announced. It's ridiculously popular with "the kids". It's (kind of) horror adjacent. Finally, a lot of people were comparing Seek & Destroy to Among Us last year. So, they already have the base of some usable costumes.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Hmmmm...this is pretty good guess in my opinion. It definitely fits the divisive requirement if it were announced. It's ridiculously popular with "the kids". It's (kind of) horror adjacent. Finally, a lot of people were comparing Seek & Destroy to Among Us last year. So, they already have the base of some usable costumes.
I have no idea what Among Us is and did a Google search. Looks like a bunch of Teletubbies to me!

I'm no fan of Among Us by any stretch of the imagination as I find it obnoxious, unfunny, and overplayed, but I'm always willing to give any property a chance as the vibe of a property (no matter how far fetched) can be successful if done well.

To wit, despite the colorful, cartoonish mass appeal, Among Us is a genuine horror game, and it's modeled after some of the greatest horror properties of all time. Faceless, masked, everyperson killer (Friday the 13th/Scream) that looks like/can mimic other people (The Thing) and is basically unstoppable (Halloween) hunts people down and kills them in brutal and creative ways (Nightmare on Elm Street) in a sci-fi setting as the plucky, relatable crew (Alien) desperately try and escape by repairing the glitchy ship they are trapped on (Event Horizon).

Does what I describe something I'd like to see at Halloween Horror Nights? 100%. Would it be divisive? Absolutely. Would I reserve judgement? Yeah, surprisingly. As a horror premise, it's absolutely dynamite, and if the creative team stripped away the cartoon aesthetics and just focused on pure horror, I could see it being a fantastic house (even if sci-fi is hard to pull off).

Reactions: londonwerecat
I'm no fan of Among Us by any stretch of the imagination as I find it obnoxious, unfunny, and overplayed, but I'm always willing to give any property a chance as the vibe of a property (no matter how far fetched) can be successful if done well.

To wit, despite the colorful, cartoonish mass appeal, Among Us is a genuine horror game, and it's modeled after some of the greatest horror properties of all time. Faceless, masked, everyperson killer (Friday the 13th/Scream) that looks like/can mimic other people (The Thing) and is basically unstoppable (Halloween) hunts people down and kills them in brutal and creative ways (Nightmare on Elm Street) in a sci-fi setting as the plucky, relatable crew (Alien) desperately try and escape by repairing the glitchy ship they are trapped on (Event Horizon).

Does what I describe something I'd like to see at Halloween Horror Nights? 100%. Would it be divisive? Absolutely. Would I reserve judgement? Yeah, surprisingly. As a horror premise, it's absolutely dynamite, and if the creative team stripped away the cartoon aesthetics and just focused on pure horror, I could see it being a fantastic house (even if sci-fi is hard to pull off).
But how do you strip away the cartoon aesthetic and still fulfill the contract with the IP holder? It’s one thing to do an original house based on a concept like Among Us and map it onto a different aesthetic but the rights holder might be pissed if their characters look nothing like the game (ie the Scream fiasco).

Also, why bother putting this much work into licensing and creating a house that’s similar to other in house properties? Again, if the concept is similar to the Thing (1982) just do that and save the licensing cost!

Somehow I doubt this is the IP, but you’re right that it does check all the boxes.

Among Us as a house? Yikes that'd be pretty sus. Just think about how many 14 year olds are going to yell "AMOONGUS" in there.

I'm gonna be real: It's kinda discouraging to speculate and the IPs that people have seriously speculated on were Among Us, Scooby Doo, and Five Nights at Freddy's. If any of those come true, it will be as if the event is being organized by some 14 year old who went to HHN for the first time hyped up on Monster and Snickers bars and wanted to design the whole event.

Among Us as a house? Yikes that'd be pretty sus. Just think about how many 14 year olds are going to yell "AMOONGUS" in there.

I'm gonna be real: It's kinda discouraging to speculate and the IPs that people have seriously speculated on were Among Us, Scooby Doo, and Five Nights at Freddy's. If any of those come true, it will be as if the event is being organized by some 14 year old who went to HHN for the first time hyped up on Monster and Snickers bars and wanted to design the whole event.
Among us would be poggers

I also have to wonder: why this demographic? It’s not like 14 year olds have the money to stay onsite, attend the event and parks for multiple days, and buy expensive food and drinks.

Although I love Scooby and would be curious how they execute the design of that house, I agree here that some of the IPs we’re speculating on generally suck when it comes to HHN’s potential.

I also have to wonder: why this demographic? It’s not like 14 year olds have the money to stay onsite, attend the event and parks for multiple days, and buy expensive food and drinks.

But they will one day. I also think you'd be a bit surprised how much disposable income teens have these days.

Reactions: HydraGen2299

Although I love Scooby and would be curious how they execute the design of that house, I agree here that some of the IPs we’re speculating on generally suck when it comes to HHN’s potential.
Most also can’t attend on their own so they’ll bring family or friends so they bring a group with em which means more people attending

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Status
Not open for further replies.