Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point it wouldn’t surprise me if Pumpkin lord was the icon this year lol
Edit: this is not about the leak

Horror and sex go together so intrinsically that it is made fun of in both Scream and Cabin In The Woods. They are both heightened senses of awareness, and so many horror films and even scenes in Horror Nights past have used this trope for comedic purpose and distractive purpose.

You bring up a lot. To directly address the takes on Eddie, he’s not interested in the “glamor.” He was obsessed with 80s slashers: gritty, violent, and chaotic. He was intended to lead the Chainsaw Drill Team, which was gritty, violent, and chaotic. Hostile Territory was gritty, violent and chaotic. His Revenge last year (despite having elements of comedy) was gritty, violent and chaotic. He rarely, if ever, speaks. He uses a chainsaw because TCM was his favorite movie. The mask is to hide the burns on his face.

He just wants to kill. He’s not a “siren.” No element of his character or his backstory indicates that at all. He is, literally, the HHN equivalent to Leatherface.

You also bring up Marco Gras, which proves a bit of my point. Actual Mardi Gras is known specifically for a certain level of debauchery and is highly sexualized (how did you get beads again?). It’s Fat Tuesday, where you’re able to indulge yourself before Lent. Basically, it’s a celebration of the “obscene.” So, yes, the entirety of Mardi Gras is intentionally sexual and all the “characters” are celebrating exactly that.

I only check the thread about once a week, so I'm sorry if I'm backtracking, but I just wanted to address a couple of things:
1. Sex being used as a trope in horror films is primarily related to the slasher genre of horror. It exploded in the 80s before becoming expected in the 90s and parodied in the 2000s. You don't really see it in other genres of horror, so I did want to make that clarification.
2. As someone who has spent 15 years in New Orleans, the real Mardi Gras is not sexualized. There is a lot of drinking and partying, but the vast majority of it is family friendly. Flashing for beads is something that people associate with the city and the event because of Girls Gone Wild and Cops. It's more akin to a baccanalia than an orgy.

Circling back to speculation: I think the likelihood of Stranger Things being featured this year is partially dependent on the premiere date of season 5. I know we're getting two parts this year, but if season 5 isn't until 2024, there's not rush to season 4 this year. Netflix may even prefer to use it next year to push people to rewatch and have it segue into the finale. TLDR; the question about ST is when, not if.

ETA: I just found out about Lil' Boo and I'm very sad that I missed all the fun these past few months.

I only check the thread about once a week, so I'm sorry if I'm backtracking, but I just wanted to address a couple of things:
1. Sex being used as a trope in horror films is primarily related to the slasher genre of horror. It exploded in the 80s before becoming expected in the 90s and parodied in the 2000s. You don't really see it in other genres of horror, so I did want to make that clarification.
2. As someone who has spent 15 years in New Orleans, the real Mardi Gras is not sexualized. There is a lot of drinking and partying, but the vast majority of it is family friendly. Flashing for beads is something that people associate with the city and the event because of Girls Gone Wild and Cops. It's more akin to a baccanalia than an orgy.

Circling back to speculation: I think the likelihood of Stranger Things being featured this year is partially dependent on the premiere date of season 5. I know we're getting two parts this year, but if season 5 isn't until 2024, there's not rush to season 4 this year. Netflix may even prefer to use it next year to push people to rewatch and have it segue into the finale. TLDR; the question about ST is when, not if.

ETA: I just found out about Lil' Boo and I'm very sad that I missed all the fun these past few months.
I personally think that they will wait with Stranger Things until its settled. It's not like it is coming out right before HHN season. I personally think that they will go for Haunting of Bly Manor or Fear Street. Looking at the other side of the argument, technically summer is right before HHN season and it might still maintain hype through the HHN season. However, it definitely relies on the success of the new season and I'm not sure how people are going to take it. I've seen a lot of people saying that they should have stopped at season 2 when it was still good, but I won't comment on that. I'm sure it will be good, but people are slowly getting tired of it.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks

Universal could really go all-out and have 3 ST houses in a row if Season 5 releases in 2024. Then again, TWD returning so many times wasn't a very good idea.

2022: Stranger Things Season 4 Vol.1
2023: Stranger Things Season 4 Vol.2
2024: Stranger Things Season 5

or

Universal could also just bring Fear Street this year to have something different and without having to bring ST 3 years in a row.

2022: Fear Street
2023: Stranger Things Season 4

Fear street was the most streamed trilogy event last year on the platform

Maybe I'm missing something but that criteria seems pretty niche. How many "trilogy events" were there on Netflix last year?

I mean I'm assuming it's stats compared favorably to most things on the platform, so I wasn't sure why the additional qualifier/subcategory was needed, haha.

Universal could really go all-out and have 3 ST houses in a row if Season 5 releases in 2024. Then again, TWD returning so many times wasn't a very good idea.

2022: Stranger Things Season 4 Vol.1
2023: Stranger Things Season 4 Vol.2

or

Universal could also just bring Fear Street this year to have something different and without having to bring ST 3 years in a row.

2022: Fear Street
2023: Stranger Things Season 4
That first scenario looks like TWD pt 2 lol

In fairness, I've seen "realistic Cuphead" digital art before. And much like the "realistic Pokemon" ones, it's the stuff of nightmares. :lol:

But yeah, not likely for a costume/set design.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Status
Not open for further replies.