Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 222 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it would never happen because I am pretty sure I am one of 5 people to watch the show in the United States, haha, but Sweet Home takes place in a really dingy, run down high rise, also deals with demonic, humanoid monsters, and is a Netflix property. They'd be better off just doing it as an original "high rise under siege" than messing with rights (and given that to the average guest it might as well be an original due to unfamiliarity), but the bones are there

It stinks that one of my favorite franchise won't have a presence at the event again but I'm curious as to why a lot of people think the replacement needs to high rise or apartment centered. It's not like they actually built a forty level facade or something. I figure it can probably easily pivot to any premise that focuses on blood thirsty creatures.

Reactions: Uouserhhn
It stinks that one of my favorite franchise won't have a presence at the event again but I'm curious as to why a lot of people think the replacement needs to high rise or apartment centered. It's not like they actually built a forty level facade or something. I figure it can probably easily pivot to any premise that focuses on blood thirsty creatures.

With nobody having seen the movie, it's hard to say...but they did say it all took place in a highrise in a city when they announced the movie was being made.

So you have the potential for a facade with an apartment style building entry way with a forced perspective making it look super tall, mirror gags looking out windows, potentially a Raid/Dredd open stairway, maybe the climax of the movie takes place on the roof so you're walking around antennas or air ducts, windows with city skyline miniatures/backdrops, etc.

If the entire movie takes place in a highrise, it's safe to say that the set pieces are all something you'd see in a highrise and the Creative Team loves to do the height rooms.

So I'm actually not really bothered by this.. I feel like it has to have been pushed back by now. The fact that release was in a few months and we don't even have a trailer, teaser, NOTHING.

The fact that we might actually get a 6/4 split in favor of the originals is wild.

House idea: Hive sequel where the vampires need to find somewhere new - and they invade an apartment building on Halloween night. Incorporate the classic Halloween theme while holding onto most of the sets.

I'm with you guys on this one - I'd love a Hive sequel! I've always been a huge vampire fan anyway, so I'll take 'em where I can get 'em.

Also - I think it was Joe who suggested "Only Murders in the Building" as a replacement.. LOL! You beat me to it!

I'm sure it's too late for a replacement IP, and I am actually thrilled about the idea of another original. I've said many times that those are usually the best.

One other thing - I know there has been on and off discussion of music artists and what they may or may not contribute to HHN. I realize most of you are excited about The Weeknd, but this just dropped today. Being horror fans, I thought you might enjoy one badass video from the true Master, the Prince of Darkness, the GOAT Nothing "horror adjecent" about this. :) It's all right there.

I'm with you guys on this one - I'd love a Hive sequel! I've always been a huge vampire fan anyway, so I'll take 'em where I can get 'em.

One other thing - I know there has been on and off discussion of music artists and what they may or may not contribute to HHN. I realize most of you are excited about The Weeknd, but this just dropped today. Being horror fans, I thought you might enjoy one badass video from the true Master, the Prince of Darkness, the GOAT Nothing "horror adjecent" about this. :) It's all right there.

I remembering absolutely hating Hive when I first went through, but I had non stop banger after banger runthrough afterwards and it quickly became one of my favorites that year. Hoping A&D is stalking these boards and is like "Y'know, Hive 2 sounds perfect!"

Also quoting because an Ozzy Ozbourne house would be absolutely killer

Reactions: Darko and hunnylvr
Just change the theming of the Evil Dead house to Demons 2. Literally the same thing and the budget for that movie was probably so small that the lawsuit for using it without permission would be no big deal... :ninja:

I remembering absolutely hating Hive when I first went through, but I had non stop banger after banger runthrough afterwards and it quickly became one of my favorites that year. Hoping A&D is stalking these boards and is like "Y'know, Hive 2 sounds perfect!"

Also quoting because an Ozzy Ozbourne house would be absolutely killer

This made my day. Glad someone else thinks so about Ozzy. I know, I know - we aren't supposed to be "wishing" here, but if anyone deserved his own HHN house, it would be the Prince of Darkness. :) Also, he's a genuinely nice guy - not all full of himself. I'm sure he'd be fun to work with.

Funny you say that about Hive - I pretty much had the same experience. For something they "threw together", it ended up being a really fun house. I'm all for another version of that.

The replacement would be a headscratcher of course but I’m sure Gray or Blake will write something to go as a replacement or pick out something out of the blue from what they’ve written beforehand.

I would hope for a full new original. Sequels to original houses don't seem to be too well received, so I wouldn't rush a sequel to a beloved house at the last minute....

...unless you had a contingency plan for said house set up for the different house layouts just in case.

We allegedly already have an original se/pre-quel this year (Seeds of Extinction) plus the "returning IPs" of Halloween and Blumbouse and the alleged zone to house of Dead Man's Wharf. All the other haunts repeat houses and that's what differentiates HHN (Orlando at least) with their new houses every year, has to be some concern about having so many "repeating" houses. Think they'll go full original.

And if they're removing props already, the constraints about fitting in a high rise building might not be a concern and there's plenty of time to build a new house from scratch.

Last edited:
I have no idea what the replacement is, but I wouldn't rule out an IP replacement.

Agreed. This late into construction I totally thought they'd go for the shoehorn method of a replacement. But if they're tearing sets down, then that opens the door for either an IP or Original.

One thing for sure, @Legacy wasn't kidding about the Choas of this one!

Also, this is a perfect moment to remind folks that any and all spec maps are speculation until officially announced by HHN/Uni themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.