Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Tips & Tricks | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Tips & Tricks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thank you, she is oddly cold while also being a blast furnace sharing a bed with her.
Next question. The stay and scare option. Does it sell out?
No it doesn't sell out but you need to be aware of the cut off times. So maybe ask about the opening times for stay and scream. For the ticket to sell out the park would have to be sold out during the daytime which is highly unlikely

Reactions: SeventyOne
Hello everyone! Going on a friends trip to Orlando in September and planning to hit HHN on Sunday 11th. I could not convince my friends to pay for express as we are already spending a lot of money on this trip (from Mexico City here).

What would be the best game plan to see as many houses, possibly all, this year?

How does the Express after 11 work?

It’s only my third time going so I need all your help :)

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Hello everyone! Going on a friends trip to Orlando in September and planning to hit HHN on Sunday 11th. I could not convince my friends to pay for express as we are already spending a lot of money on this trip (from Mexico City here).

What would be the best game plan to see as many houses, possibly all, this year?

The “after 11” express is 50% of the price for normal express that night so somewhere between $60-100 depending on what it’s going for that night.

Orlando Informer usually comes out with a 1-night touring plan for the event to see everything without express, so I’d keep an eye out for that.

Getting in for Stay ‘n Scream is always important as it will help you knock out 2-3 houses before the regular crowds enter.

Will you be in the park before HHN to do stay and scream?

Orlando Informer usually comes out with a 1-night touring plan for the event to see everything without express, so I’d keep an eye out for that.

This year more than most I'd wait to see how opening weekend shakes out. Universal is always adjusting stay & scream, and this year, other than The Weeknd, no obvious candidates for what the popular houses will be. After 3 days, we should have a good idea where word-of-mouth will drive the crowds.

This year more than most I'd wait to see how opening weekend shakes out. Universal is always adjusting stay & scream, and this year, other than The Weeknd, no obvious candidates for what the popular houses will be. After 3 days, we should have a good idea where word-of-mouth will drive the crowds.

Rumor has it that some of the house entrances might be changing this year. Then combine the return of the Disaster/F&F house location and the most sound stage houses ever and we might have some very interesting traffic patterns.

My bet is the soundstage houses get crowded early, like normal, but they will drop quicker than normal. Weeknd and Monsters will stay busy all night.

When did they announce that the Stay and Scream zones would be opening at 4pm last year? Was that a mid-event change or did they do that from the get-go?

I know in years past it was always 5pm.

When did they announce that the Stay and Scream zones would be opening at 4pm last year? Was that a mid-event change or did they do that from the get-go?

I know in years past it was always 5pm.

They've always been open well before 5 since at least the 00s. 5:00 has always been the cut-off to get into the park to make your way to S&S (although I've been shut out as early as 4:50).

Reactions: Coolbfitz
They've always been open well before 5 since at least the 00s. 5:00 has always been the cut-off to get into the park to make your way to S&S (although I've been shut out as early as 4:50).
I meant when did the Stay and Scream holding areas in the park actually open?

Most years the areas opened at 5pm, but last year they started opening them as early as 4pm. I couldn’t remember if it was that way opening weekend or if that was an adjustment made partway through the event.

I meant when did the Stay and Scream holding areas in the park actually open?

Most years the areas opened at 5pm, but last year they started opening them as early as 4pm. I couldn’t remember if it was that way opening weekend or if that was an adjustment made partway through the event.

Here's what happened with Springfield last year. During opening weekend (and all season) they started kicking everyone out of Duff Gardens at 4:15. We would leave there and go straight to Central Park to get our HHN tickets scanned. They reopened Duff Gardens right about 4:30 every time I was there. Everything on that side of Springfield would be open at 4:30 just for Stay and Scream guests. You were able to access bathrooms by getting a re-entry ticket, but the rest of Springfield wouldn't reopen until like 5:30 once the area was clear of day guests.

Here's what happened with Springfield last year. During opening weekend (and all season) they started kicking everyone out of Duff Gardens at 4:15. We would leave there and go straight to Central Park to get our HHN tickets scanned. They reopened Duff Gardens right about 4:30 every time I was there. Everything on that side of Springfield would be open at 4:30 just for Stay and Scream guests. You were able to access bathrooms by getting a re-entry ticket, but the rest of Springfield wouldn't reopen until like 5:30 once the area was clear of day guests.
We were usually lined up by the lagoon last year at 4pm and around the times you stated, they did clear out Springfield and then slowly moved the crowd from the lagoon show area across to by Animal Actors.

My biggest question is just if anyone knows whether it is going to be a 4pm opening for the holding areas like last year or a 5pm opening like years before?

Also, does anyone know WHEN Universal announced the holding area openings would be at 4pm to the public last year, because people DEFINITELY knew by early October (when we visited).

Reactions: jansenhammond
I’ll bet that Springfield will house The Weeknd/Monsters, it’s the safest thinking.

Now we could also play it safe and say that Halloween and one of the other originals will be up in NY, however I think it is very possible that Blumhouse will be included this year because of how close it will be.
It would help the crowds for the NY Stay N Scream if they send some people to Halloween for example and then the opposite way toward Blumhouse.

We were usually lined up by the lagoon last year at 4pm and around the times you stated, they did clear out Springfield and then slowly moved the crowd from the lagoon show area across to by Animal Actors.

My biggest question is just if anyone knows whether it is going to be a 4pm opening for the holding areas like last year or a 5pm opening like years before?

Also, does anyone know WHEN Universal announced the holding area openings would be at 4pm to the public last year, because people DEFINITELY knew by early October (when we visited).
I don’t think there was a “formal” announcement regarding them opening at 4pm. At least not one I remember seeing.

Given the demand of S&S last year, and the ability to do a 2-tier kind of corralling, I’d expect at least the Springfield S&S to be opening at 4pm this year.

Does anyone know when they will announce what houses will be on each BTS tour?
I can't remember if they were listed in my tour email (and noted subject to change) or if I just knew because I go in October, and people with earlier tours had posted the lineup. But last year the 6house and 3house were different (I did them on back to back days), with BJ being the only house not on a tour.

Reactions: jansenhammond
I can't remember if they were listed in my tour email (and noted subject to change) or if I just knew because I go in October, and people with earlier tours had posted the lineup. But last year the 6house and 3house were different (I did them on back to back days), with BJ being the only house not on a tour.
Last year I only got a normal email without the houses and if you asked you got the houses that are available for the tour after the first day of tours

Last year I only got a normal email without the houses and if you asked you got the houses that are available for the tour after the first day of tours
Thanks Guys!

No it doesn't sell out but you need to be aware of the cut off times. So maybe ask about the opening times for stay and scream. For the ticket to sell out the park would have to be sold out during the daytime which is highly unlikely
Is my understanding correct? Stay and scream is not a full day ticket. It is an add on to a hhn ticket that allows you in the park before it closes for the day guests?

Is my understanding correct? Stay and scream is not a full day ticket. It is an add on to a hhn ticket that allows you in the park before it closes for the day guests?
you can access stay and scream by either having a daytime ticket to the park as well as a horror nights ticket for the same night, an annual pass that isnt blocked out as well as a horror nights ticket for that night, or a scream early upgrade for your horror nights ticket, which allows you to enter the park at 3 pm.
Either way it's advisable to be inside the park well before 5 PM and try to get to your preferred stay and scream area before that time as well.