Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Way too early, but credit where it's due, smart way to inoculate against the inevitable wave of "Why was HHN 31 so bad?" navel-gazing on social media this upcoming week.

Were the reactions negative enough to have an impact on the bottom line? Or is it another case of die-hards speaking the loudest?

Last edited:
Reactions: Darko
Way too early, but credit where it's due, smart way to inoculate against the inevitable wave of "Why was HHN 31 so bad?" navel-gazing on social media this upcoming week.
I thought this year was received generally very well by fans and regular guests?

Were the reactions negative enough to have an impact on the bottom line? Or is it another case of die-hards speaking the loudest?

The #1 complaint about the parks is always crowds/lines. On that front, I’m sure UO took a beating internally on survey scores this year.

But stuff like the background music, Hellblock looking like a last-minute replacement, Blumhouse having too many black walls, etc. probably don’t even register outside of places like this.

But stuff like the background music, Hellblock looking like a last-minute replacement, Blumhouse having too many black walls, etc. probably don’t even register outside of places like this.

I agree. But same is true of a Chucky announcement for a Halloween event 10 months away.

Got politics on the brain because just fooling around on the betting markets, but first rule of politics: shore up your base. Applies to marketing seasonal events, as well.

Remember when they announced Jack was coming back and did that Icon zone the last weekend or whatever

It has happened before and I like the vibe

Reactions: Darko
I thought this year was received generally very well by fans and regular guests?
The #1 complaint about the parks is always crowds/lines. On that front, I’m sure UO took a beating internally on survey scores this year.

One thing I never heard before this year and now it is impossible to ignore is how the actors feel like animatronics. I'm not even saying I fully agree, but I never thought about it, and now it was very noticeable in some spots. And I saw those comments from Twitter and Facebook.

As well as people asking about the lack of stranger things or movie houses. I don't know what will happen in the future but the originals weren't always loved this year.
And I'm just talking from what I saw in regular posts from regular guests.

As well as people asking about the lack of stranger things or movie houses. I don't know what will happen in the future but the originals weren't always loved this year.
And I'm just talking from what I saw in regular posts from regular guests.

I’m also very curious to see what will happen with the IP ratio going forward. They certainly didn’t seem to suffer at the gate this year - but this was also the first year many international guests could travel.

Personally I really hope that IPs remain a strong part of the lineup. I would like to see some variety in this area as well and I sure hope we aren’t going to be getting Monsters and Blumhouse ever year. Maybe it doesn’t make a difference to the general public but I dont think the event saw a house that came anywhere near what they did with The Shining, Exorcist, Poltergeist, AHS, and House of 1000 Coroses to name a few.

I don’t know what they need to make money - but I sure love a good IP to Original mix.Sometimes other people’s ideas are, you know, also good.

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
I’m also very curious to see what will happen with the IP ratio going forward. They certainly didn’t seem to suffer at the gate this year - but this was also the first year many international guests could travel.

Personally I really hope that IPs remain a strong part of the lineup. I would like to see some variety in this area as well and I sure hope we aren’t going to be getting Monsters and Blumhouse ever year. Maybe it doesn’t make a difference to the general public but I dont think the event saw a house that came anywhere near what they did with The Shining, Exorcist, Poltergeist, AHS, and House of 1000 Coroses to name a few.

I don’t know what they need to make money - but I sure love a good IP to Original mix.Sometimes other people’s ideas are, you know, also good.

You made me think,
I always expected Netflix to be HHN's saving grace, and I was literally shocked when we didn't have them this year, I was legitimately shocked

I know people have said that HHN didn't plan to have stranger things, but I was shocked that none of the scarezones we're even related to anything Netflix related ( since the houses were probably locked in )
I understand that universal plans things out and that the elements to the event have a certain theme and planning out,
But I'm surprised that we had a year without Netflix. I honestly thought we would have them every year from now on. ( With their different shoes or movies)

Last edited:

I was happy with an original-heavy year, but moving forward I think the 5/5 split is perfect. Something for everyone. (of course, this goes out the window if they increase number of houses)

I've seen a lot of hate for this year as well - I don't understand it, but if Universal is seeing it I can see them trying to do something drastic. I will be genuinely shocked if we don't see Stranger Things back either in 2023 or 2024.

You made me think,
I always expected Netflix to be HHN's saving grace, and I was literally shocked when we didn't have them this year, I was legitimately shocked

I know people have said that HHN didn't plan to have stranger things, but I was shocked that none of the scarezones we're even related to anything Netflix related ( since the houses were probably locked in )
I understand that universal plans things out and that the elements to the event have a certain theme and planning out,
But I'm surprised that we had a year without Netflix. I honestly thought we would have them every year from now on. ( With their different shoes or movies)

Hope I’m wrong but with the “streaming wars “ and stock prices of streaming services , I wouldn’t be surprised if they stick to upcoming/existing content they already have. Peacock is in competition with Netflix. HHN has gotten so big There seems to be a bump for IPs when they are part of the event. I could be wrong here but I feel like Killer Klowns was an IP completely forgotten about before HHN , now the IP is everywhere.

Remember this is the news & info thread so the only thing discussed on here should be actual released news & info. Speculation and general opinions should go in the 32 Spec Thread.

I know universal wants to fill existing nights to pump express sales, but my experience last year was the worst ever on crowds. It was clear they needed more nights. I am glad they added more. Also waiting for the info here on if universal is bringing back the stay and scream add on. I know myself and a lot of people here would not buy a ticket until they announce this option.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I know universal wants to fill existing nights to pump express sales, but my experience last year was the worst ever on crowds. It was clear they needed more nights. I am glad they added more. Also waiting for the info here on if universal is bringing back the stay and scream add on. I know myself and a lot of people here would not buy a ticket until they announce this option.

They only added 1 night this year lol

Nice to get the calendar released for trip planning. Now the always difficult choice of what Universal hotel to book.

That new Fog merchandise is perfect too.
Sapphire is my call, you get the boat, cheaper prices than the "higher tiers", and best bar on property

• Love
Reactions: Ahmanet