Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This one needs to be boosted. We were done at a point on each of our three nights where we could have easily stayed another hour or two. But, neither of us were in the mood to wait in another house line. So we just said, “I guess I’m good for the night”
I agree. As an out-of-towner who only had Express my first of two nights, we tapped out around 11ish after only 4 houses (plus MIB with no wait). We would've done another, but we were already exhausted and unwilling to wait in any of the 45+ minute waits at that point. Despite this, we stayed for an extra hour or so, and the only real thing we did in that time was the Tribute Store and get some food. It was disappointing because, I think if we had been able to do another ride or two or a show or a M&G, we would've felt much more satisfied.

First night of Hell Week (remember Osceola Co, meaning Kissimmee, out tomorrow) was definitely busy, but not September busy. Big IP houses went to 90 but everything else hovering around 60, zones remained easy to walk.

Interesting aside: Spidey 4 had been reserved for spillover premium parking. It was empty at 11 p.m. This didn't seem like an AP heavy crowd.

First night of Hell Week (remember Osceola Co, meaning Kissimmee, out tomorrow) was definitely busy, but not September busy. Big IP houses went to 90 but everything else hovering around 60, zones remained easy to walk.

Interesting aside: Spidey 4 had been reserved for spillover premium parking. It was empty at 11 p.m. This didn't seem like an AP heavy crowd.
Interestingly we haven't gotten any more sellouts since FFP sales were suspended. I'm assuming there will be some this weekend or next week.

We showed up at 9:30 and were surprised at how manageable everything was. It was busy, like you said, but not uncomfortably so. Food lines, Express were moving, there was room to breath in the zones…it was nice.

Looking like ticketing is the problem they need to fix in 2024, above all else.
Normally I'm reluctant to boil an issue down to a single cause but -- it was all Rush of Fear. No other way around it.

The question becomes, did locals buy because it was somewhat cheaper? Were several people planning to do the upgrade trick and were stopped? And what effect will any changes next year have on these motivations?

Genuinely curious to see how weekdays are next week, and also how the final November weekend is. Without the locals, I feel like the latter will be dead.

Genuinely curious to see how weekdays are next week, and also how the final November weekend is. Without the locals, I feel like the latter will be dead.
I'm staying at Cabana for a primarily Disney trip the last weekend of the event and am already planning on going the last night. I feel like it's gonna be a ghost town

To early to say just yet... but so far... I can't believe I'm saying this... September might have been busier as of now.

I am confused

To early to say just yet... but so far... I can't believe I'm saying this... September might have been busier as of now.

I am confused
Honestly, I'll cop to being wrong so far on this one too.

That also being said...I have a hard time believing killing ROF will end up replicating the same effects next year. I think most people will then just move to FFP+ and maybe you'll save Saturdays during September...but maybe make the rest of the event more busy overall.

Still feel like making annual pass levels with different number of possible visits and requiring reservations is the best solution, as much as people probably don't want to hear that.

I've gone on Halloween a few times and it's a total toss up as to either being extremely busy or just an absolute walk on without express.

I'm not entirely sure there's a way to predict crowds from the guest side of things

I get the feeling there were A LOT of people down at Universal the past week that had no interest in doing HHN. Hotel availability was incredibly low, the parks were super busy during the day, but HHN was pretty average, if not lower crowds, compared to my previous early October trips

Columbus Day week crowds have become historically busy at both Disney & Universal. WDW was busy the past week also. Not everyone is a HHN fan, that's why they need to keep it a one park event. ...Just curious....For those who have been to HHN in Sept. & Oct. , has there been a visible change in age demographics since the multi night tickets cutoff?

Columbus Day week crowds have become historically busy at both Disney & Universal. WDW was busy the past week also. Not everyone is a HHN fan, that's why they need to keep it a one park event. ...Just curious....For those who have been to HHN in Sept. & Oct. , has there been a visible change in age demographics since the multi night tickets cutoff?

Haven't seen much of a difference age-wise, just fewer horror fans and more "casual" guests.

Normally I'm reluctant to boil an issue down to a single cause but -- it was all Rush of Fear. No other way around it.

The question becomes, did locals buy because it was somewhat cheaper? Were several people planning to do the upgrade trick and were stopped? And what effect will any changes next year have on these motivations?

I’m guessing people have less disposable income this year and were priced out of Frequent Fear with the cost increase.

Looking like ticketing is the problem they need to fix in 2024, above all else.

We also have two of the biggest IPs of all time.
Maybe having stranger things and last of us at the same time was a problem?
Obviously rush of fear and the cost of ffp tickets was a problem. Everyone rushed to buy frequent fear pass.
But the 2 IPs had to play a part. Maybe having two mega ips was bad for crowds combined with rush of fear.... .
Because universal could have saved last of us for next year.

Less horror t shirts, less bloggers, less people with horror bags or purses. Kind of
I get there at midnight. Much much less people using free parking at midnight. September was absolutely insane to park.

Maybe less teens.

I've noticed over the past few days less blinky cups throughout the event... like people just not buying them. I wonder if blinky cups are just a local /fan thing? No need to buy a blinky cup if you're only attending one night.

Reactions: SeventyOne