Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it's strange to have Exorcist: Believer in this lineup. Not that it's unprecedented to have a house based on an unreleased movie - it's just weird lol
It's mostly strange for me because I feel like we've gotten used to the Blumhouse of Horrors basically being a way to squeeze in two Blumhouse films at once (like The First Purge and Happy Death Day, or Freaky and The Black Phone). If Exorcist is turning up, I would have expected another Blumhouse of Horrors maze to pair it with M3GAN.

Last edited:
I still think it's strange to have Exorcist: Believer in this lineup. Not that it's unprecedented to have a house based on an unreleased movie - it's just weird lol
It’s not like Exorcist is a complete unknown. It’s a legacy sequel to one of the most renowned horrors of all time.

This is a unique situation where you have a known IP that Universal can easily market based on its roots and Blumhouse will want to leverage as a promotional opportunity for the new film. Blumhouse has more of a vested interest in pushing a yet to be released movie (which puts Exorcist and FNaF on the table) and Universal has a vested interest in known quantities (which, from their perspective, takes FNaF off the table).

Last edited:
I honestly have a hard time believing they're going to have Exorcist in the line-up when they could kill three birds with one stone and cram Insidious, Exorcist, and M3gan into Blumhouse. Trying to think like marketing here.
Been thinking about it for a while, so how about a Blumhouse zone with M3GAN, Insidious, and The Purge? Could throw the smaller Blum IPs in there too (HDD, Black Phone, Freaky).

Could even feature some of the FNAF characters when the movie releases as a later addition.

Been thinking about it for a while, so how about a Blumhouse zone with M3GAN, Insidious, and The Purge?
There's a reason they didn't include them this year - especially Purge (which, as of now, I wouldn't count seeing again)

FNAF, I would bet they're waiting for the movie's performance and would rather have it as a full feature next year.

There's a reason they didn't include them this year - especially Purge (which, as of now, I wouldn't count seeing again)

FNAF, I would bet they're waiting for the movie's performance and would rather have it as a full feature next year.
Not to sad to hear that about the purge tbh. I loved it as a zone but never the houses.

Dragons could be pretty interesting as used in a house

Game of Thrones did some great basement scenes over the years (dragon heads appearing from darkness, executions, etc)

It’s not like Exorcist is a complete unknown. It’s a legacy sequel to one of the most renowned horrors of all time.

This is a unique situation where you have a known IP that Universal can easily market based on its roots and Blumhouse will want to leverage as a promotional opportunity for the new film. Blumhouse has more of a vested interest in pushing a yet to be released movie (which puts Exorcist and FNaF on the table) and Universal has a vested interest in known quantities (which, from their perspective, takes FNaF off the table).
I have no doubt Ex is coming, and it absolutely could be spectacular. It remains a bit of an odd choice, though.

From a marketing perspective, there is some logic to Ex, particularly if Uni is leery of video game IPs (ironic this year, but quite possibly true). Still, Ex has a lot of hurdles - it’s a legacy sequel to a franchise that only has one real hit (and one entry considered one of the worst films ever made). That film fits much more easily into the “great cinema”/“auteurist” category then the “pop”/“cult” category Uni usually pulls from. That film is also relatively old for Uni - five years older then Halloween, which spawned a series of fairly successful sequels (the Uni Monsters are a very different kettle of fish). It also lacks the legacy sequel hook of someone like Jamie Lee Curtis returning to the franchise - Ellen Burstyn’s a great actress, but not exactly a household name. Simply considered imagery, something like FNaF is going to offer more interesting marketing visuals and merch opportunities.

Thinking strictly of the house, Exorcist was a great maze, but the designers had to get VERY creative, and I’m not sure how much mileage would be left in the concept. It’s telling that, despite exorcism being one of the most reliable and prolific horror sub-genres, Exorcist is the only exorcism themed house Uni has ever done (correct me if I’m wrong).

Wanna remind people of that dueling dragons rumor…..

I gotta' feeling there'll be more than just easter eggs in that one, since back in the Vault days I've lost count how many times people discussed how neat it would be to have scareactors in that queue. From the stained-glass queue video to the sarcastic messages left by the Dragons, to knight and horse literally frozen in time, and the sheer number of bones displayed in that queue...A&D has plenty to work off of and add to.

Based on what the rumored lineup is at this very moment, is it safe to assume Universal and Warner Bros had a falling out? Especially since we would get the Naughty Dog version of TLOU? Still to early to tell what the lineup will be until we get some more concrete construction happening which is crazy to think it really goes into full gear this month.

I wouldn’t rely on TLOU being a potential cause of that. It was probably always going to be based on the game. The show doesn’t lend itself as a house quite as easily and then there’d be the pressure of having to get Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey look-alikes. Using the game allows for more scenes with the clickers to be involved and should give them a little more flexibility in casting the roles.

Been thinking about it for a while, so how about a Blumhouse zone with M3GAN, Insidious, and The Purge? Could throw the smaller Blum IPs in there too (HDD, Black Phone, Freaky).

Could even feature some of the FNAF characters when the movie releases as a later addition.
Early rumors seem to be indicating that there isn’t a Blumhouse zone, but a M3GAN roaming hoard. Which is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.