Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 185 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if every house is chucky this year? A la the walking dead in 23? Could be why we havent gotten any other announcements for our halloween event even though its already spring! Chucky is pretty legendary and he has been in plain sight all along

• Love
Reactions: Ahmanet
Remember the scene in Halloween Kills where the town is losing its mind and Jamie Lee Curtis is like

"This is Michael Myers masterpiece. He caused this"

But in actuality Michael Myers is just hanging out in his home, doing his thing, sticking to his regularly scheduled plan of announcements for a Halloween event.

There's like 4 characters who are trying to keep everyone calm while things get more and more out of control?

It was pretty silly because everyone should know Michael Myers MO by this point. I mean there's literally characters in the movie that were involved for decades by then, cautioning people.
halloween-michael-myers.gif

Remember the scene in Halloween Kills where the town is losing its mind and Jamie Lee Curtis is like

"This is Michael Myers masterpiece. He caused this"

But in actuality Michael Myers is just hanging out in his home, doing his thing, sticking to his regularly scheduled plan of announcements for a Halloween event.

There's like 4 characters who are trying to keep everyone calm while things get more and more out of control?

It was pretty silly because everyone should know Michael Myers MO by this point. I mean there's literally characters in the movie that were involved for decades by then, cautioning people.
View attachment 18917
happy season 3 GIF

Couldn't agree more. Shake my head sifting through this - god bless the patience of the Mods. Enjoy the summer people. September will be here soon and with it our favourite season.

Reactions: cenobyte
Couldn't agree more. Shake my head sifting through this - god bless the patience of the Mods. Enjoy the summer people. September will be here soon and with it our favourite season.

I can directly point to when i started modding here and the start of my grey hair.

Yeah… I’m hearing specifics on the SS25 permit and it’s for renovations that have nothing to do with HHN.

It's funny, I think this is ANOTHER situation where people confused HHN with another event.

Just to tie up one thing that I think some people might be missing or rolling over easily, the reason a lot of the moderators and more seasoned users on here push back so strongly on something that other users really want and hope for (i.e. an 11th house, this IP or that IP definitely coming, etc) is because they don't want you to become distraught if it doesn't happen, especially if it's something that's highly unlikely to occur.

To you it may seem like they're shooting down your idea or stifling you, but they are just looking out for your best interests and trying to reign in your expectations. Everyone would love more of the event but nobody wants to expect more before being disappointed they don't receive it.

Just to tie up one thing that I think some people might be missing or rolling over easily, the reason a lot of the moderators and more seasoned users on here push back so strongly on something that other users really want and hope for (i.e. an 11th house, this IP or that IP definitely coming, etc) is because they don't want you to become distraught if it doesn't happen, especially if it's something that's highly unlikely to occur.

To you it may seem like they're shooting down your idea or stifling you, but they are just looking out for your best interests and trying to reign in your expectations. Everyone would love more of the event but nobody wants to expect more before being disappointed they don't receive it.

The forum is also used by many for news, information, and planning. So when they go to the HHN thread many see an 11th house or Demon Slayer/big IP and plan around it that's when we have to step in. There's a difference between "Hey here's a new permit for a SS where houses have been before, what could this mean?" vs "11TH HOUSE CONFIRMED".

If what I’ve been told is correct, it’s not even related to an event. It’s only a Universal permit because Universal owns the building.

I believe it's prep work for that.

This cannot be overstated. I want to commend the moderation team here for taking quick action and caring about the health of the community.

This is purely anecdotal from my experience, but I moderate a few large communities myself on Discord and (formerly) Reddit. The time of misinformation going from rumor to fact can be measured in minutes. It's usually innocent enough, like a random tweet, but you can quickly have a few new users join and suddenly the whole chat becomes a stream of "UGH HHN IS GOING WOKE AND FAMILY FRIENDLY" and the cleanup is difficult. Plus, as stated by Joe, people often transfer the credibility of the venue to all users within it. Thus, you end up with echo chambers like "so-and-so user on the reputable theme park forum said X." As harsh as this may seem, even intelligent people get caught up in feelings that suit their narrative and ignore the facts very quickly when they get sufficiently agitated.

If anything, the moderation here shows remarkable commitment to the truth.

Haven't seen that yearly announcement date tracking sheet recently ... are we in Florida Panthers 4OT territory yet?

Longer Universal waits, the more likely they reveal multiple houses at once, just my guess

• Haha
Reactions: johnathanm
Haven't seen that yearly announcement date tracking sheet recently ... are we in Florida Panthers 4OT territory yet?

Longer Universal waits, the more likely they reveal multiple houses at once, just my guess
The Original houses, zones, and shows will probably be announced on the same day in mid-August.

The IP houses will probably get individual announcements. They can spread out five announcements between next week and early August.

Here ya go. Chucky was incredibly early this season which mucked up how everyone is feeling, but 2021's second house came in July (admittedly COVID still had everything thrown off) and 2022's second house came June 8th.
Just doing my civic duty of dropping this in here at the first sign of "announcement date" spec lol

FtnEVdwWAAQMgwz

Status
Not open for further replies.