Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 266 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off the topic of food but something I’ve been thinking about for the DD house that I think would be awesome but probably not at all practical is if we walk up to the Choose Thy Fate sign at some point and the path splits and we have to chose between going down the fire or ice path for a portion of the house.

Well, it def will be going up in some capacity - but we’re already breaking the bank at this point.
Are we tho? Peak nights for MNSSHP are $200. Non-peak nights for Jollywood Nights start north of $140 with an AP. Even assuming the advertised lower crowds are equivalent to HHN Express (a bit of a stretch), you can get 20 nights of HHN with Express for roughly 3 at WDW. Day tickets and APs for both parks are nowhere near that far apart. Becomes even crazier if we compare non-Express multinight tickets.

The $50-ish price hike last year didn't seem to reduce crowds by a noticeable level. And the Mouse keeps doing parties, so they must sell decently. I think we're nowhere near the ceiling where lost ticket/beer sales > additional revenue from price hikes.

What’s everyone expecting tomorrow? I keep hearing StrTh 4 but I doubt it. U don’t think they would announce two of their biggest IPs after one another. I’m more thinking Oddfellow or Monsters.

What’s everyone expecting tomorrow? I keep hearing StrTh 4 but I doubt it. U don’t think they would announce two of their biggest IPs after one another. I’m more thinking Oddfellow or Monsters.
I suppose that would depend on if they want to offer new ticket types with the announcement, and create a stir...

Vecna has his fans. Wonder if he'll be on the shirt?

Are we tho? Peak nights for MNSSHP are $200. Non-peak nights for Jollywood Nights start north of $140 with an AP. Even assuming the advertised lower crowds are equivalent to HHN Express (a bit of a stretch), you can get 20 nights of HHN with Express for roughly 3 at WDW. Day tickets and APs for both parks are nowhere near that far apart. Becomes even crazier if we compare non-Express multinight tickets.

The $50-ish price hike last year didn't seem to reduce crowds by a noticeable level. And the Mouse keeps doing parties, so they must sell decently. I think we're nowhere near the ceiling where lost ticket/beer sales > additional revenue from price hikes.

HHN for years has been severely underpriced for 1-night tickets.

But, the difference between HHN and the Disney events are that Universal also makes a killing with Express to justify the lower-priced tickets.

Why not? It seems their recent strategy has been to only announce major IPs. Announcing their biggest IP with multi-night passes makes sense... especially just 6 weeks out.

Why not? It seems their recent strategy has been to only announce major IPs. Announcing their biggest IP with multi-night passes makes sense... especially just 6 weeks out.
I just don’t see that happening. It could but I have a feeling it won’t. That does make sense to release StrTh with ROF/FFP so maybe that’s why I don’t think StrTh is tomorrow as it seems to early for ROF/FFP. But hey HHN construction started early this year so I guess so can that.

They usually do only announce the big IPs and then dump all the originals together. I expect that this year 100%, epically as it’s just 6 weeks out and and 8 houses to go. But I think Oddfellow may get it’s own with how they seem to be hinting at him.

I just don’t see that happening. It could but I have a feeling it won’t. That does make sense to release StrTh with ROF/FFP so maybe that’s why I don’t think StrTh is tomorrow as it seems to early for ROF/FFP. But hey HHN construction started early this year so I guess so can that.

They usually do only announce the big IPs and then dump all the originals together. I expect that this year 100%, epically as it’s just 6 weeks out and and 8 houses to go. But I think Oddfellow may get it’s own with how they seem to be hinting at him.

They released FF with the Weeknd announcement.

It's not early for Frequent Fear... we're only 6 weeks away.

I suppose that would depend on if they want to offer new ticket types with the announcement, and create a stir...

Vecna has his fans. Wonder if he'll be on the shirt?
This brings up an interesting point. I wonder if we'll finally get a shirt with all of the houses on it.

If anything, I could see maybe Naughty Dog wanting TLOU to have its own merch.

1) When every single insider simultaneously is saying an announcement is for a certain house, believing them has never led me astray.

2) FFP was mid/late July last year, early August the year prior, and early June for several years prior to that. It's not that consistent of a timeline and dropping now wouldn't be out of the blue.

It’s really not all that early, only 13 days earlier than last year and I assume they’re predicting some big sales increases because of the strong IP lineup, and (on paper at least) house lineup in general. Plus like Alicia said if they’re introducing a new ticket type you probably don’t want to sit on that for too long.

They released FF with the Weeknd announcement.

It's not early for Frequent Fear... we're only 6 weeks away.
By a couple weeks as it July 12th and last year it was July 26th. So only early by a few weeks.
It’s really not all that early, only 13 days earlier than last year and I assume they’re predicting some big sales increases because of the strong IP lineup, and (on paper at least) house lineup in general. Plus like Alicia said if they’re introducing a new ticket type you probably don’t want to sit on that for too long.
Probably be a huge sale increase between the IPs. I don’t they will have a new ticket type this year. I would think that if they did it would already be announced.

"Hello Universal; YES, I would like to plan a trip to HHN32."

vecna-on-phone-vecna.gif

Yes. We are. :lol: Now we can argue whether it’s undervalued since people are still paying it - but I’m dropping more than double what we were 10 years ago and getting into the $500 range. That ain’t cheap.

For what it’s worth, an international guest ticket would be fantastic, ringfenced to a week or two. Paying full price for access to multiple nights across two months when only physically able to attend one or two weeks is very expensive and wasteful.
As someone who has to travel from Pittsburgh I approve this message! I can only do 5-10 nights a year so a ticket like that would be very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.