Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warner/Discovery also really wants an influx of money wherever they can get it right now.

On the other hand, that whole company is a complete cluster right now. So, they may not want to commit to another partnership until they get themselves set back up and going the right direction.

And regardless of what IP they wanna bring in for the event, they could be regretting for their weird behavior and relationship with Universal when It comes to licensing.

I feel like if we see Evil Dead Rise, it's going to be an anthology including Evil Dead 1 and 2. I was hearing conflicting reports about whether the house last year was supposed to be just Rise or included the other films, so I'm not too sure. Someone more in the know can correct me if we knew it was solely Rise, though

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
M3gan is getting solid reviews, lets see how the box office does. I think it could easily headline a house or be part of a Blum mash up.

Do they take scareactor build into account when planning houses?

For example, if they know they need petite builds for a house, or really tall actors, would it remove other potentials from being on the table if the needs lean too far into one direction or the other? Or would it make things easier - if you have a lot of people of a smaller build hired ahead, and you had Chucky and M3gan, you'd have easy cast replacement.

Not speculation, just always curious how that works when it comes to planning.

Happy New Year Everybody! Ive been thinking about this for a few months and this is currently what I feel could have a genuine chance of coming to the event this year.
  1. Chucky. Obviously we know this is happening.
  2. Monsters. Which monsters, that idk but with the Renfield movie releasing later this year I could see some Drac representation. Same with Phantom with the last few broadway shows happening this year I couldn’t think of a more perfect year for phantom to finally get a house! with us going on 3 straight years of monster houses it doesn’t make since to quit anytime soon, especially with epic universe opening within the next few years.
  3. Saw X- With the new film releasing in October and actually bringing back Tobin bell, I feel like this movie will be bigger then both Jigsaw and Spiral. Billy the puppet is iconic and saw is a big horror franchise. This is the one I’m not completely convinced will happen but it seems like a no brainer to me.
  4. Blumhouse 4- Blumhouse 3 was a huge hit last year and I think the FnF queue was the perfect location to split 2 films in. Blumhouse has a big year again this year with films Like M3GAN, Insidious 5, The Exorcist. I personally think they will go for Insidious 5 and The Exorcist. I will say I don't think M3GAN will be included after seeing the film but who knows they may throw her in a room or 2.
  5. Dawn FM. This one seems like a no brainer to me. After Hours Nightmares was always one of the longest waits last year and seemed to be received very well! I think its odd After Hours Nightmares was the house they chose the same year Dawn FM released and it just seems like they were holding this house until this year
  6. EVIL DEAD RISE- I honestly think this year could be a year of 6 IPs and 4 OG’s. The fact we were supposed to get this last year and only didn’t because the film got delayed makes me think now is the time. The trailer released and it looks great and apparently it had really high test scores at previews. I think this could be the biggest horror movie of the year!

The last few ideas I have would probably be more wishlist but I think they have a shot

Leave it to cleaver Sequel- The past few years we’ve seen original houses get sequels/prequels, I don’t see why this year would be any different. With the representation in Scarey and the food stand in sting alley last year it just seems it could possibly be hinted at.

Last of Us scare Zone- New York seems perfect for this. The show is releasing later this month and I think as great as a house would be a zone could just be amazing!

The Lost boys Zone- The only thing I have for this one is WB is really struggling rn and it could be an easy get. I’d love to see it as a house but I think it could be like Klowns and Trick r Treat and start out as a zone first.

The Lost boys Zone- The only thing I have for this one is WB is really struggling rn and it could be an easy get. I’d love to see it as a house but I think it could be like Klowns and Trick r Treat and start out as a zone first.
I think Lost Boys fits more as a zone than a house regardless. It would be cool as a house, but I think zone similar to Vamp 85 would really hit the sweet spot.

I would hope they don't do M3GAN as its own house - hopefully as a Blumhouse mashup. I am curious what else they'd put in a mashup house now.

Yeah I mentioned My Bloody Valentine (1981) as it’s on my IP wishlist and is one of my favorite slasher movies of all time. But I mentioned it as well because it has showed up before at this event. There was a scene from the remake in Silver Screams. Not to mention the remake got a full blown house in Hollywood.

I was speculating whether the original could ever come to the event. They’ve only really represented the remake. Freaks obviously isn’t going to happen so saying me mentioning My Bloody Valentine is the same thing is silly.

Also I need to throw this out there cause it entertained me thinking about it. Seeing people discuss an Invisible Man house has led me to think about the idea of half the invisible man scare-actors being in wraps. The others not being scare-actors at all. Just an empty boo hole with flashing lights and sound effects (like his voice). I’m just chuckling to myself at not only how silly that would look but the look on people’s faces afterwards wondering if there was suppose to be a scare-actor there or not.

This is why I think we could actually see TLOU this year. -edit- Of course, the series likely won't be finished releasing until maybe March? So that may be too late for them to secure rights.

FWIW, in 2019 Jordan Peele's Us released in late March, and the rights to it weren't obtained until sometime after that. It was a late addition since Tooth Fairy was in the midst of build before it was scrapped for Us. So, it's possible for an IP to be obtained after March.

I certainly believe Evil Dead Rise is basically a lock at this point just cause it makes sense and it would have been a lock last year if it wasn’t for the delay. After the trailer, I’m certainly excited for it (both house and film) if it appears next year.

Been meaning to ask about the likelihood of a new Leave It to Cleaver house. Everyone mentioning all the callbacks and references to it in the last couple of years. I can’t help but feel like it doesn’t really mean much considering it feels more like fanservice to me (albeit good fanservice) than any kind of hint of things to come.

Believe me, I’d love a new Cleaver house as the original is one of my favorites. But I’m just not sure it’ll happen.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Evil Dead Rise certainly seems like it'd be a natural for a house. M3GAN was a pleasant surprise and would be nice to see, but I'm not sure what the odds would be given that Chucky's already got a spot secured. Depending on how it turns out, I could also see Renfield maybe showing up as one of the lighter houses.

Been meaning to ask about the likelihood of a new Leave It to Cleaver house. Everyone mentioning all the callbacks and references to it in the last couple of years. I can’t help but feel like it doesn’t really mean much considering it feels more like fanservice to me (albeit good fanservice) than any kind of hint of things to come.

Believe me, I’d love a new Cleaver house as the original is one of my favorites. But I’m just not sure it’ll happen.

30 did made us look back at the best possibilities of returning, so Cleaver wasn’t the only one. A bit of a shot in the dark, but the Alien Scientist from the Invasion scarezone at 27 did made us wonder about a zone-to-house type of experience like Saws N’ Steam cause he came back in Lights, Camera, Hackiton (Zone of The Year Winner) and most recently in Hellblock Horror.

Evil Dead Rise certainly seems like it'd be a natural for a house. M3GAN was a pleasant surprise and would be nice to see, but I'm not sure what the odds would be given that Chucky's already got a spot secured. Depending on how it turns out, I could also see Renfield maybe showing up as one of the lighter houses.

We really need M3GAN. It could be a Chucky Megan double feature. Imagine the merch.

Yeah I mentioned My Bloody Valentine (1981) as it’s on my IP wishlist and is one of my favorite slasher movies of all time. But I mentioned it as well because it has showed up before at this event. There was a scene from the remake in Silver Screams. Not to mention the remake got a full blown house in Hollywood.

I was speculating whether the original could ever come to the event. They’ve only really represented the remake. Freaks obviously isn’t going to happen so saying me mentioning My Bloody Valentine is the same thing is silly.

Also I need to throw this out there cause it entertained me thinking about it. Seeing people discuss an Invisible Man house has led me to think about the idea of half the invisible man scare-actors being in wraps. The others not being scare-actors at all. Just an empty boo hole with flashing lights and sound effects (like his voice). I’m just chuckling to myself at not only how silly that would look but the look on people’s faces afterwards wondering if there was suppose to be a scare-actor there or not.

The entire invisible man house could be full of Pepper's ghost effects. That would be easy. Or some kind of mirror effect.

An Invisible Man is something I’ve had been wondering about whether if they could pull it or not - It’s a tough one to do.

They could do it entirely in black lights to have him to do jump scares be guys in black clothes with only one pair of clothing on that is visible like a hat or shirt (Universal/HHN merchandise would make a perfect fourth wall break for this) and holding a knife to make it seem like it’s floating in a threatening matter with some Slasher elements as an update, but you know it’s the Invisible Man.

You also got some camouflaged scares and pitch black areas with some things touching you in the dark, and course some scares with him fully clothed with the bandages. It’s sounds like a very experimental approach.

This would also require black walls for the black light scares to work, so the actors could be behind them, which would be very hard to pull off without making the scares so obvious or making the sets small. You can’t really have a house that is entirely pitch black or have anyone touch you in the dark for safety reasons.

On paper, it sounds good as a camouflage house, but I don’t think it would really come off as the Invisible Man by execution cause it wouldn’t be easy to build all the sets for the scareactors to blend in with it other than making them with just walls patterned and painted or covered with black sheets and curtains.

That’s why I consider the Invisible Man to be the toughest character to do for a house, even with some interesting ideas together, you have to build the sets uniquely different to fit in some of the scares.

The scares don't need to be too complicated for an invisible man.
You can use a lot of misdirection and use clothes on wires for misdirection.
What if they build a puppet system where clothes are assembled like a person wearing them, and hardened by some glue or making them rigid (clothes to become hard in place. ) And use wires or something to move them. Or fishing wire.

People with no budget have made these type of costumes too. There's a lot of ways.
The entire house could be done with puppets and wires for the parts where he's not wearing bandages on his face.

syfuTBs.jpg

pGGpuiQ.jpg

M3gan is both a little Terminator and a little Chucky, so I would say it fits well at Universal and HHN

The scares don't need to be too complicated for an invisible man.
You can use a lot of misdirection and use clothes on wires for misdirection.
What if they build a puppet system where clothes are assembled like a person wearing them, and hardened by some glue or making them rigid (clothes to become hard in place. ) And use wires or something to move them. Or fishing wire.

People with no budget have made these type of costumes too. There's a lot of ways.
The entire house could be done with puppets and wires for the parts where he's not wearing bandages on his face.

syfuTBs.jpg

pGGpuiQ.jpg
I hope they cast only invisible people, it's exploitative to the "see-through" community if they don't

I think Lost Boys fits more as a zone than a house regardless. It would be cool as a house, but I think zone similar to Vamp 85 would really hit the sweet spot.

I would hope they don't do M3GAN as its own house - hopefully as a Blumhouse mashup. I am curious what else they'd put in a mashup house now.
I will literally bet my life savings on Horrors of Blumhouse returning this year. M3GAN, The Exorcist (2023), and Insidious are very strong IPs for a mash-up house, but I hope Universal sticks with the 2 IPs route. M3GAN was surprisingly good and could be great in a mash-up house. Insidious was in Blumhouse back in 2017 and was the highlight of that house. The fifth film releases this July, so it seems like a given.

The Horrors of Blumhouse: M3GAN and Insidious could be a crazy-good house.

M3gan is both a little Terminator and a little Chucky, so I would say it fits well at Universal and HHN

I hope they cast only invisible people, it's exploitative to the "see-through" community if they don't
Yeah, too much prejudice against “see-throughs.”

Ok but seriously I genuinely felt a little weird when people were basically saying little people can’t be scary when it comes to short Chucky actors. I know people didn’t mean it to be offensive but… well you know.

Reactions: shiekra38

Universal can break new ground.
Create the first haunted house that has zero actors. Lol. It's entirely made up of air gun effects, speaker scares and glass statues.
First of its kind for universal.

Reactions: Darko and shiekra38
Status
Not open for further replies.