Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 323 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think there's a chance it fails to draw substantial attention. The entrance is at an awkward position that forces you to diverge from the natural flow of the park and away from the loud, exciting scare zone several feet away from you. Not sure throwing up a "Peacock Halloween Bar" (you know, that beloved brand Peacock) logo is going to drive much foot traffic.
I would have expected them to put this where the Weeknd bar was by the lagoon. Much higher visibility for the brand stuff

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
I would have expected them to put this where the Weeknd bar was by the lagoon. Much higher visibility for the brand stuff

I think it's a flawed solution to a real problem. Peacock would be ideal for an already high-traffic venue since the goal is ostensibly to promote the streaming service. The issue is because very few people care about Peacock as a brand, the name/logo alone isn't likely to draw many off the beaten path.

(Or maybe I'm completely wrong and this will totally work. We'll see!)

I actually think the location in SF is more visible/popular since that area where the Weeknd was can be ignored by most guests. They just did a terrible job last year at making it known there was a bar last year.

Reactions: agentj
I still think there's a chance it fails to draw substantial attention. The entrance is at an awkward position that forces you to diverge from the natural flow of the park and away from the loud, exciting scare zone several feet away from you. Not sure throwing up a "Peacock Halloween Bar" (you know, that beloved brand Peacock) logo is going to drive much foot traffic.
Im ok with that. Kinda liked my secret not crowded bar option last year

Reactions: SeventyOne
I actually think the location in SF is more visible/popular since that area where the Weeknd was can be ignored by most guests. They just did a terrible job last year at making it known there was a bar last year.
I dunno I’m the weekend I was there it was pretty crowded.

Another option would be the Transformers Bar. That’s probably the most visible out of all of them

Reactions: SeventyOne
We know Chucky is in F&F, Dr. Oddfellow is in ST2, and Darkest Deal in’s in ST1. Do we know where any of them else are?

We know Chucky is in F&F, Dr. Oddfellow is in ST2, and Darkest Deal in’s in ST1. Do we know where any of them else are?
IMG_4536.jpeg
I mean we haven’t seen facade pictures of the others like the soundstages, but we’re pretty sure this is the location of all the entrances. The entrances are different , but Monsters is where monsters was last year and TLOU is where Weekend was.

Why would the icon be the center of marketing when they have arguably the 2 biggest current horror IPs as houses this year? Adding an Icon to marketing would likely confuse the general public as to where the IP houses really are.
Icons of the past were used to market the event and it was always very successful. And as @Legacy and @Clive pointed out, Carnival of Carnage was extremely successful with marketing with an original character plus the big IPs that year. Times have changed and nowadays, they probably don’t need to market themselves as hard because the die hard fans are there. They will always come. The IP marketing are for the casuals that might come because they see a show or game or musician that they like. Which I get, but I do miss when the icon was the face of the event and the marketing.

I like David S Pumpkins and might see it just bc of him. Last year I planned to visit the witch bar but never did.
If they find a solid Tom Hanks lookalike, I could see this being a big photo op, albeit nothing more, with some spillover to the bar. But as the rare viewer who watches a fair amount of Peacock, what else can they use? Killing It? Below Decks? Dateline?

I'm with @Clive on this, I just don't see that much of a draw based on Peacock alone.

We got the three house!!
• TLoU
• Darkest Deal
• Dr. Oddfellow

So what’s the 6 house and what’s the one house left out?? I’m kinda thinking StrTh 4 will be left out. It’ll probably have beautiful and huge sets they don’t want spoiled.

A different member on the HNN Discord got their email for the 6 house UTH. Exorcist is the odd man out which makes sense with the movie not being out most of the event.

View attachment 19400

Also, Peacock Bar confirmed for David S. Pumpkins:

I wonder how they determine these things?

A few years back (pre-pandemic) we were told that the 6 house tour was seen as the one for the HHN veterans while the 3 house was seen as the one for those just dipping their toes into the water. At the time they explained that one of the ways they delineated the tours was to make it so that some of the basic information they used to give out on every tour (explaining boo holes, SIF, etc), wasn’t really pointed out on the 6 house anymore.

And yet, in 30 they had the Case Files house (one steeped in HHN lore) on the 3 house tour.

And this year, they have Oddfellow’s (who is the icon and whose house also seems to be steeped in lore) on the 3 house.

So how are these decisions made?

Reactions: Grabnar
If they find a solid Tom Hanks lookalike, I could see this being a big photo op, albeit nothing more, with some spillover to the bar. But as the rare viewer who watches a fair amount of Peacock, what else can they use? Killing It? Below Decks? Dateline?

I'm with @Clive on this, I just don't see that much of a draw based on Peacock alone.
Top Chef.

Why Universal hasn’t attempted a Top Chef food service something is beyond me.

Icons of the past were used to market the event and it was always very successful. And as @Legacy and @Clive pointed out, Carnival of Carnage was extremely successful with marketing with an original character plus the big IPs that year.

I’m not pushing back on this as much as I am just curious - what leads us to claim that 17 was such a successful marketing year? Sure the campaign sticks in our heads as fans, but I don’t have any sense for the change in attendance year-to-year (from 16 to 17 or for any event year for that matter). We all have the general sense that *the event is getting more popular* and there’s publicly visible things like some social media engagement figures or wait times or sell out nights to gauge that, but I’d be curious which event years they consider most successful internally and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.