Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HHN 2023: Never Go Alone

HHN 2024: We strongly advise you to reconsider about going alone.

HHN 2025: Please have a damn person with you.

HHN 2026: If you wanna go alone, then fine already! If you didn’t survive the entire night of the event, then it’s your damn fault - NOT ours!

HHN 2027: Whatever just go alone.

If they promoted the reality, they'd be asking people to join the Conga Line of Courage. Never Go Alone is a tad ironic given how incredibly crowded it gets.

Maybe they could have the mythical Unlimited Express Ticket as like a version of the Willie Wonka Golden Ticket.

One thing that really struck me this year is the sheer amount and variety of clothing featuring the 70s/80s slashers. It seemed like every other person had a unique shirt with the characters, some custom made, some very elaborate, some quite clever. I couldn't help thinking that a lot of different outlets were making a lot of money off Michael and friends. Conversely, I only saw a few Weeknd shirts, and almost all of those were the ones Uni was selling. I think the view here was a bit distorted - for fans and vets, The Weeknd was THE new and intriguing element this year while Halloween was very old hat. For the general public, however, I think Halloween was at least as scintillating as Weeknd. I'd be surprised if we don't get one of the big slashers each year for the foreseeable future - obviously, Chucky is up in 2023 - and I wouldn't be surprised to see a slasher-focused Carnival of Carnage-style year pop up. The hitch, of course, is that Universal doesn't control the rights to most of them, and in several cases the rights are quite tangled. Jason and Freddy in particular have been underrepresented at HHN considering how large they loom in the pop culture zeitgeist.

It sort of seems like the ideal IP line-up is one slasher, one "classic" creative really wants, one currently or recently released Uni or Blumhouse property, one Classic Monsters, and one miscellaneous, either a musician or a hot outside property. Of course, some properties tick more then one of those boxes.

Last edited:
What are some "white whale" IPs that you guys think actually have a possibility of coming at some point? At this point, it almost seems like Scream will NEVER happen - and The Thing seems like it should have been one that already happened as well.

Reactions: Fear2010
Though, It was at the event once in Hollywood, but Hostel is my Holy Grail movie wise. It would fit perfectly in either of the parade buildings to look and feel like if you’re about to enter a hideout. Music wise, Nine Inch Nails’ The Downward Spiral is my other IP Holy Grail and also my second biggest dream house. Not only it’s an Industrial Masterpiece, it’s a psychological horror album.

What are some "white whale" IPs that you guys think actually have a possibility of coming at some point? At this point, it almost seems like Scream will NEVER happen - and The Thing seems like it should have been one that already happened as well.
It’a hard to say without knowing the precise preferences and thought processes of the HHN creators. In general, when thinking of the nostalgia properties, I think you could include any horror or horror-adjacent property from the late 70s to, say, the mid-2000s with some mainstream appeal (it doesn’t have to be universally well known - witness Killer Klowns) that offers some aesthetic or thematic element HHN hasn’t run into the ground (this excludes a lot of zombie properties like Dawn of the Dead, for instance, despite their continued popularity). Given HHN’s party atmosphere, I also think it helps if the property is “fun” in some way. Properties that I’d personally place in this group include Gremlins, Lost Boys, Near Dark, Creepshow, Army of Darkness, The Blob, Hellboy, The Fly (or even a general Cronenberg house), Suspiria 77 (or Argento in general), Return of the Living Dead (possibly distinct enough from generic zombie properties), The Addams Family, Sleepy Hollow, The Frighteners (hey, it’s in the makeup show), Pan’s Labyrinth, etc. They’re very likely ungettable, but I also think everything Stephen King falls in this category. That’s all just my arbitrary opinion, of course, and many are completely out of reach (although I tried not to list any Fox or Disney IPs) - but such is the nature of white whales.

It also occurs to me that it’s odd we’ve never gotten an original with aesthetics inspired by Cabinet of Dr Caligari. I’d love to see Uni get more visually experimental.

If 32 is a 19-esque year, then the Silent era movies should be represented other than the Phantom like Nosferatu, The Hunchback of the Notre Dame, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, The Man Who Laughs, and The Unknown. You can easily tie into them with the Usher like bread and butter. Best thing about them is they’re all in the public domain.

Reactions: Casper Gutman
Okay here’s my take.

The Strangers x Saw
Both are coming next year. Not to mention the strangers is a planned trilogy.

Folklore house similar to chupacabra”

a Dias de los muteros house Featuring lady death seen hints of her in the tribute store throughout the years or I could be wrong.

Blumhouse

Another musician house ( Melanie Martinez)

Chucky ( confirmed)

that’s all I got.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
What about the original goosebumps tv series? Would be an awesome house imo with the different mixes of episodes and it would be good especially since disney would have the new show released.

With the talk of a five nights house, even thought the movie may not come out until late 23- early 24. Could it be like a ghostbuster situation where they do the original and still advertise the movie, via projection or screen on the soundstage? Basically could they still do the house based off the game or would it just have to be the movie? Cuz getting the rights to do a house based off the game, I don’t think would be super hard.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Then I'll clarify:

The Thing (1982) :tease:

Also, semantics, but wasn't the 2011 film a prequel?

And @Blysthon - I would LOVE to see The Strangers.
Yes, the 2011 film was a prequel.
What about the original goosebumps tv series? Would be an awesome house imo with the different mixes of episodes and it would be good especially since disney would have the new show released.
Goosebumps won't happen BECAUSE of Disney. I would have to guess that Disney now owns the original show? Either way, Universal is not gonna touch Goosebumps when Disney is directly involved in creating and releasing a new TV series.

Same with Scooby-Doo. Just take a look at the new Velma TV show, which is more adult-oriented. Scooby won't even be a part of it... which shows how protective they are of the property. They don't want Scooby a part of anything that isn't aimed at children.
Not entirely true. A couple of years ago, they did Scoobynatural with the same animators and voice actors as the kid show, and that had gore and cuss words with Scooby still in it.

as far as coming to the event. Probably, very unlikely.

What are some "white whale" IPs that you guys think actually have a possibility of coming at some point?

I would consider The Last of Us a “white whale.”

In terms of The Thing, they have done two entirely individual houses based on an original/sequel idea and the 2011 remake/prequel, along with one scene based on the original in Sliver Screams, so one could say it's not the biggest priority. However, the notation with fans is that they haven't done a full-on The Thing (1982) house. Michael Aiello has also winked that they haven't done the original "The Thing" and considers it a "white whale," so maybe one of these years, the original will appear in a full house.

Status
Not open for further replies.