Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty interesting, but I’d imagine it’ll focus more on the past than the future

That's what I would think too, but the last bit from that makes me genuinely wonder.

Before all else; giving credit for HNN (Horror Night Nightmares) for bringing it up; as I didn't know that this is a panel that is happening. They just dropped their Speculation article; with some thoughts to share.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
If they opened Chucacabra as one of the houses this year, with literally no changes-same location and everything- I would still go through it every night I am at the event.

I loved the house but DIDN'T love the Chupacabra. C'mon man - Chupacabra ain't no mangy looking feral cat. He's the vampire lizard dog that sucks blood out of goats. I want scales and spikes and glowing red eyes. Gimme a freakin velociraptor-wolf hybrid looking mf, not some cross-eyed sabretooth. poop didn't scare me at all. No town would sacrifice people to that thing. they'd feed it kitchen scraps.

That's what I would think too, but the last bit from that makes me genuinely wonder.

Before all else; giving credit for HNN (Horror Night Nightmares) for bringing it up; as I didn't know that this is a panel that is happening. They just dropped their Speculation article; with some thoughts to share.

If they're talking future, methinks they're talking the year-round circulating houses/club/restaurant zone-thing in Las Vegas that was just announced. "Universal: Horror Unleashed" ??

In regards to this article, Stranger Things being on the common sense likely sections. Do we think anything has changed in that aspect since Legacy said we shouldn’t count on a Netflix property this year?

I am not saying things have changed by any means, they had it on their second spec map last year and it wasn’t coming. Just genuinely interested to hear if there’s any changes as Legacy said sometimes IPs don’t lock in until late January sometimes.

I loved the house but DIDN'T love the Chupacabra. C'mon man - Chupacabra ain't no mangy looking feral cat. He's the vampire lizard dog that sucks blood out of goats. I want scales and spikes and glowing red eyes. Gimme a freakin velociraptor-wolf hybrid looking mf, not some cross-eyed sabretooth. poop didn't scare me at all. No town would sacrifice people to that thing. they'd feed it kitchen scraps.

If they're talking future, methinks they're talking the year-round circulating houses/club/restaurant zone-thing in Las Vegas that was just announced. "Universal: Horror Unleashed" ??
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the Chupacabra design.

I suspect they'll briefly touch up on the "Horror Unleashed" thing. Personally, I hope they announce dates for this year's HHN.

Reactions: EnigmaticGear
Ok, this is pure speculation with no inside info. Just spitballing and speculating.

If last year's overall theme was "retro Halloween with a twist" then could they do something like a "murderous kid/small thing" angle? Covers Chucky and M3GAN pretty well with dolls, could do Gremlins for creatures, maybe another regional cryptoid house?

Ok, this is pure speculation with no inside info. Just spitballing and speculating.

If last year's overall theme was "retro Halloween with a twist" then could they do something like a "murderous kid/small thing" angle? Covers Chucky and M3GAN pretty well with dolls, could do Gremlins for creatures, maybe another regional cryptoid house?

Honestly with the IP's considered I always wondered if they could go more for a "ode to Death" sorta thing.

DawnFM, Insidious, The Exorcist, The Last of Us, and Chucky feel like really apt IP's that could actually jive with a death centered element.

As much as I wouldn’t mind the Klowns returning in some capacity, I don’t like the precedent that’s being set recently with IP houses they’ve already done before returning based on the exact film or iteration (Halloween, TCM), even if they are in different locations

The main difference is that Halloween (2014) was a masterpiece. KKFoS has room to improve.

The main difference is that Halloween (2014) was a masterpiece. KKFoS has room to improve.

Agreed, the same can be said for American Werewolf in London as the first version is widely regarded as a GOAT. There just wasn't anywhere to go from there, especially when they presented essentially the same house two years later, but without the casts that brought it in 2013.

KKfOS, while fun, was more in the middle of the pack in 2019. There's definitely room to make it better.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I’m not sure if Universal is allowed to do this, but how about an original concept with the KKFOS IP? We’ve all seen the film. Now let’s explore an original concept. Again, may not be possible, but certainly would be fun.

Actually YES. chupacabra could come back as the original form. The lizard version.
So if they bring chupacabra back,it could be set in the forest in Puerto Rico ( a forest type house)
I said it last year, chupacabra needed to look like the tooth fairies :

and all they had to do was paint the tooth fairies green...
tooth fairies already looked like that!!

HT4XILw.png

But even the Funko pop is the dog version. I don't know. American chupacabra is the creepy dog version. For Hispanics we knew it was the lizard one.
fmrjpFb.jpg

An original voodoo doll house ( related to Chucky)
Wow, it would actually be perfect. Voodoo house next to Chucky

In regards to this article, Stranger Things being on the common sense likely sections. Do we think anything has changed in that aspect since Legacy said we shouldn’t count on a Netflix property this year?

I am not saying things have changed by any means, they had it on their second spec map last year and it wasn’t coming. Just genuinely interested to hear if there’s any changes as Legacy said sometimes IPs don’t lock in until late January sometimes.
I wondered the same - as mentioned in the article, Netflix might even foresee a loss of money with their new password policy (or not, since if they did - they probably wouldn't do it lol)

I'd be fine with a "sequel" year with a return of the Pumpkin Lord, but I'd also be cool with a "childhood fears" theme. Chucky would fit into that quite well.

I don’t know if Netflix will return. They still have their Stranger Things experiences going on and those have been highly successful on their own. I won’t rule it out, but I don’t think it’s likely.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I don’t know if Netflix will return. They still have their Stranger Things experiences going on and those have been highly successful on their own. I won’t rule it out, but I don’t think it’s likely.

And to be completely honest, the second house was not as great as the first, and as far as things for houses, feels like we saw everything we could ( everything that could be translated to a house)
Yes the last two seasons has a lot of stuff but not everything could be translated to the house

And to be completely honest, the second house was not as great as the first, and as far as things for houses, feels like we saw everything we could ( everything that could be translated to a house)
Yes the last two seasons has a lot of stuff but not everything could be translated to the house
I'm gonna have to hard disagree - I think Season 4 has the MOST material for a house!

Status
Not open for further replies.