Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 221 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do we anticipate the Scream Early add on to still happen this year? I could not go to 31 so I'm not sure if it was even offered last year.

A few more tidbits from "Pinhead" on Reddit:

What I will tell you is that both sprungs are originals, both parades are IPs, Chucky is in F&F, and it's a 5/5 split. The IPs are super strong, and one of the SS originals (located in one side of 24) is likely to be in the running for HOTY.

If true, Chucky in the wrong place in the map--I'm wondering if that SS might be the Crossroads house. Just sounds like something that would be a passion project/HotY candidate.

Also I'd still put money on ST being in Parade 2--longest queue, most exposure to dining and retail for casual guests just there for that house. If TLoU truly in Parade 1 as well, going to greatly unbalance Stay & Scream.
The two sprungs are crossroads and Oddfellow. ST is sharing a SS with the HOTY (dragons).

Also there’s now a pending video on the YouTube playlist….

IMG_4756.jpeg

I still feel like Exorcist is the oddest fit, especially since it seems likely to take up a soundstage spot. It’s a not-particularly-house friendly concept in an IP that has produced one very well regarded film 50 years ago and followed that up with a serious of high-profile critical and box office bombs, including what is widely considered one of the worst films ever made. It’s struggling in test screenings and the creative team has had a pair of critical duds with the last two films of the Halloween trilogy - and if it stays on it’s current date, it doesn’t open until the event is mostly over. No one who knows things seems to doubt it’s coming, so I’m sure I’m way off, but it still seems like a questionable bet.
If the house is based on the original movie then this doesn’t matter. It’s also the 50th anniversary of the original movie and having an OG Exorcist house still promotes the new movie.

Last edited:
So what do we think are the five originals most likely coming this year? Dragons, Oddfellow…
Dragons
Oddfellow
Devil Crossroads/Devil Went Down To Georgia
Ritualistic Village
Yetis?....

Correct me if I am wrong lol. Not 100% about the last original.
I’m not sure how much is DD or not but I’ve heard there is at least one reference to DD in the house.
Hoping for the Choose Thy Fate sign

If the house is based on the original movie then this doesn’t matter. It’s also the 50th anniversary of the original movie and having an OG Exorcist house still promotes the new movie.
That makes it even weirder. Putting aside the strange decision to celebrate the anniversary of a different studio’s film (has HHN ever done this? It seems “anniversary houses” are always posited by fans and never materialize), the first house, while great, seemed to require every drop of creativity available to stretch what is almost a chamber piece across an entire maze. I’d argue that, of all the “white whales” HHN has featured, Exorcist offers the LEAST material for a reimagining.

That makes it even weirder. Putting aside the strange decision to celebrate the anniversary of a different studio’s film (has HHN ever done this? It seems “anniversary houses” are always posited by fans and never materialize), the first house, while great, seemed to require every drop of creativity available to stretch what is almost a chamber piece across an entire maze. I’d argue that, of all the “white whales” HHN has featured, Exorcist offers the LEAST material for a reimagining.
Yeah I know a lot of people aren’t excited about the house but the new Exorcist is a universal property (they’re distributing the film). HHN allows universal a promotional opportunity for their own IPS and this house can promote the new Exorcist movie coming out.
How do you feel about scarezones?

There may be one coming that you would enjoy. Scary but still funny and enjoyable

I’ll take that! I love humorous scarezones - I spent quite a bit of time just sitting and people-watching in New York last year!

Also the scarezone I was trying to hint to you was vamp. I think that and some of the originals houses will be more your thing this year.

How about having an actor playing Damien "jump" out the window? They did something similar with the finale scene in TCM at 26.

I know that's just one scene, but I have faith in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts