Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Construction | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Construction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well folks, looks like we’re finally getting Iron Maiden. :lmao:View attachment 22742

Rock Metal GIF by Iron Maiden

kinda sounds like it will be a comedy zone.
Not so much comedy. If a legitimate serial killer starts killing people in a fun house, it’s not actually comedy. I think the horrors of this zone are very real… it just happens to take place in a jokey location.

EDIT - Remember, this is the Sinist3r zone. Going comedy with it undercuts the whole principle of that personality.

Not so much comedy. If a legitimate serial killer starts killing people in a fun house, it’s not actually comedy. I think the horrors of this zone are very real… it just happens to take place in a jokey location.

EDIT - Remember, this is the Sinist3r zone. Going comedy with it undercuts the whole principle of that personality.
I think it's a very similar situation with this and Triplets (and Sweets, albeit it to a lesser extent based on the podcast's vibe):

People are thinking it'll be more lighthearted and comedic based on a very brief description. Now to be fair(e), I do think Torture Faire might be closer in vibe to Vamp 69, where while yes the horrors are very real, it is a bit more 'lighthearted'.

But then you'll have Triplets, which many have already deemed as another comedy house, when in reality and based on what we've heard, not only could it possibly be a pretty intense house, but it might also be a surprisingly very dark story. Triplets murdering their entire family (TW, abuse- which could see them going an abusive parents/family route potentially) and then recreating it years later with an entire town? All while in silly birthday masks they've might've made when they were children (and probably wore during those original murders)? That's a genuinely disturbing story.

TL;DR - Agree that people are deeming houses and zones 'comedic' way too early, especially when you really stop and think about the concept.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Walked the park yesterday, Torture Faire is pretty much laid out similarly to Vamp '69. There's even that booth that was selling human parts in front of the Mummy Arcade. There is a lot of additional lighting this year throughout the zones (don't think I've ever seen so many lights in the past few years) so the zones this year seem to have been upgraded lighting-wise.

Blumhouse, as of now, isn't too congested prop-wise, so if they keep everything in similar locations like right now, it should be fine (the biggest issue with this zone last year was placing the delivery truck right across the Trolley Cart Stand that had its line cut off the walkway).

Walked the park yesterday, Torture Faire is pretty much laid out similarly to Vamp '69. There's even that booth that was selling human parts in front of the Mummy Arcade. There is a lot of additional lighting this year throughout the zones (don't think I've ever seen so many lights in the past few years) so the zones this year seem to have been upgraded lighting-wise.

Blumhouse, as of now, isn't too congested prop-wise, so if they keep everything in similar locations like right now, it should be fine (the biggest issue with this zone last year was placing the delivery truck right across the Trolley Cart Stand that had its line cut off the walkway).
now I hope that the music in the faire is fun music. or something to dance to.

Reactions: saint.piss