Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 270 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's gonna be mostly Purge with the Butcher from Freaky, Babyface from Happy Death Day, and the Grabber from The Black Phone. If we're lucky, we'll get Baghuul and maybe some Insidious demons. I'd be surprised if they try to send M3GAN or the Exorcist Believer girls out there with how female-presenting popular horror characters tend to get treated. (If M3GAN's there, and I assume she will be in some capacity, she'll either be locked to a stage or participate in a dance troupe.)
Yup - Universal killed the Believer franchise and is trying to save the Exorcist IP. We won’t be seeing any mention of that big ol’ bomb again.

Honestly, I look forward to the Hollywood zone as much as any house (I spend a lot more time there, after all). It’s hard to imagine a more disappointing theme for the area.

I'm the weird one that ALWAYS does NY S&S. It's just part of the experience for us. (and honestly, it's really never as bad as people say or think lol)

Also, I'm gonna be the one to say it - anyone think FNAF could pop up in Blumzone?
I'm really hoping for some FNAF representation in the Blumzone, it's still insane to me that Universal and Cawthon fumbled so hard by not doing a house this year

We’ve done the Purge enough. It’s utterly boring.
As a house it is very boring but as a zone it’s quit the opposite IMO
I don’t think they would ever let MM just be a scare zone and Im housed out with him for awhile. Movie’ed out too.
I still would love to see him but you’re right, I don’t see him ever in a zone. Unless he’s part of something like All Nite Die in from 2015. Otherwise it will all pretty much be Myers SA and maybe a few victim SA.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I'm really hoping for some FNAF representation in the Blumzone, it's still insane to me that Universal and Cawthon fumbled so hard by not doing a house this year
It really doesn’t make any sense. The only positive is that at least if they save it for the next movie they’ll have over twice the characters to use, including Mangle and the Puppet

For the signature haunted mazes, Six Flags has teamed with creatives behind the “Saw” movies, the “Conjuring” films, “Stranger Things,” “Trick ‘r Treat,” “Army of the Dead,” “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” and creepy comic book “DCeased.”
-per Variety

Sorry if slightly off-topic, but wow this is interesting

For the signature haunted mazes, Six Flags has teamed with creatives behind the “Saw” movies, the “Conjuring” films, “Stranger Things,” “Trick ‘r Treat,” “Army of the Dead,” “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” and creepy comic book “DCeased.”
-per Variety

Obviously the quality of the HHN mazes will blow these out of the water but it's wild that Six Flags of all parks managed to bag an IP lineup that's 1000 times more interesting than the one we're getting this year.

-per Variety

I'm honestly surprised that it took them this long.

Not a great indication of access to Warner IP's for the foreseeable future.

Obviously the quality of the HHN mazes will blow these out of the water but it's wild that Six Flags of all parks managed to bag an IP lineup that's 1000 times more interesting than the one we're getting this year.

I'd take a closer look at the wording of that statement. They said they're working with the "creatives behind" those properties. Not getting all the properties themselves.

I'm honestly surprised that it took them this long.

Not a great indication of access to Warner IP's for the foreseeable future.
(Mods, maybe this discussion needs to be moved?)

Didn't they try this before in Hollywood a couple years ago? Or did I make up a Joker maze in my head?

Not a huge issue this year, but if it grows legs, another national competitor (especially if they expand to other locations) and ties up WB IPs. And if it does real well, can look for a non-6 Flags partner down here, e.g. Gaylord or the old Nick hotel.

This inspired me to watch a POV of the Saw X maze from Six Flags last year.

It's uh.. very apparent that, even though they can get the license, it doesn't mean the house will look as great as an HHN house lol
They already had access to Conjuring last year as well. Not sure if this has a huge impact on accessibility to WB IPs given presence of some of those at HHN recently but what do I know. Wild to think any of these IP holders ever had quality control concerns with HHN houses given the walkthroughs of the Conjuring from last year.

I also just visited Six Flags Magic Mountain for the first time, and the facade for Saw was a large printed facade stuck on a building. And was out in the open along a guest pathway (either still up 8 months later or up out in the open in prep for this year before an official announcement) with no attempt at concealing.

P.S. again sorry mods if off topic - I do think interesting to spec if this impacts IP accessibility at all.

They already had access to Conjuring last year as well. Not sure if this has a huge impact on accessibility to WB IPs given presence of some of those at HHN recently but what do I know. Wild to think any of these IP holders ever had quality control concerns with HHN houses given the walkthroughs of the Conjuring from last year.
I think this is the most relevant thing in regards to spec for HHN - it can't be the fear of quality control that's preventing WB IPs for coming to the event lol