Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Then what’s the point of building a preview center? Something of this scale I don’t think you can ever have to much”hype”
There's a big difference between a spot to showcase a general overview to market and sell vacations, and creating a 2-month, multi-million marketing investment to focus on one singular property.

Either way, it doesn't matter the reason. Darkmoor isn't in the cards. They're keeping Epic and HHN separate.

Watch us get a Ghostbusters tribute store for the summer

EDIT: Ya know what, yeah. 40th Anniversary. I think this is what's happening.

The one thing that has stuck in my mind is why did they purchase a vehicle that was already cut in half. You telling me that was the ONLY car of that type on the market in the ENTIRE US? So tribute store honestly makes sense as the car could be coming out of a wall for photo ops. Up until that clue, I honestly thought it may be for HHN and not a show or parade. A show or parade you would want the complete car.

The one thing that has stuck in my mind is why did they purchase a vehicle that was already cut in half. You telling me that was the ONLY car of that type on the market in the ENTIRE US? So tribute store honestly makes sense as the car could be coming out of a wall for photo ops. Up until that clue, I honestly thought it may be for HHN and not a show or parade. A show or parade you would want the complete car.
Boy, I'm glad to be the one to propose an idea that actually is being speculated on.

Send my check in the mail @Brian G.

If it isn't a Dark Universe house, and Hollywood doesn't seem keen on doing Creature, I wonder what we get with the Universal Monsters this year, if anything.

And regardless of anniversaries, I think it's a shorter leap of logic to assume that Ghostbusters is getting a Jurassic Park-style Tribute Store in Hollywood as opposed to an entirely new Summer HHN being secretly planned.

If it isn't a Dark Universe house, and Hollywood doesn't seem keen on doing Creature, I wonder what we get with the Universal Monsters this year, if anything.

And regardless of anniversaries, I think it's a shorter leap of logic to assume that Ghostbusters is getting a Jurassic Park-style Tribute Store in Hollywood as opposed to an entirely new Summer HHN being secretly planned.
1706651042766.jpeg

Exactly. And they COULD decide to do a package deal with a Tribute Store and Ghostbusters at HHN.. so who knows!

I'm sadly expecting just another Monsters VS house lol

and Hollywood doesn't seem keen on doing Creature

I wouldn't say HW isn't keen on doing Creature, since this was Murdy's response last year on someone asking if they could do Creature.

"I want to do Creature right and that’s gonna be really expensive so waiting for the right time on that" - John Murdy, Twitter. Dec. 31st, 2023.

This reads to me that he's down for doing a Creature maze, just needs the right time and budget for it. Now of course any creative can neither confirm nor deny if they're doing something or not, but this type of response doesn't read as a "NO".

On top of that, while Orlando and HW have been sharing the UCM IP's the past several years, they can very well go back to doing their own thing at any year and something like Creature is very much still on the table for Orlando in terms of spec.

And let's not forget Creature turns 70 this year!

Over in the Hollywood side of spec we said the best way to handle Creature as a house is do it "Predator" style... we venture deep into the tropical jungle only to be savagely dispatched one by one. (Then the Creature gets hit with steroids, grows huge & swallows you. The end)

I'm curious why we think ghostbuster would be a tribute store candidate. I understand its the 40th but doesn't Sony own the rights and not universal (correct me if I'm wrong).
I know universal has a history of teasing the next tribute store within the current one, but putting that to the side, I'm curious how the rights will work themselves out. Jurassic park last year made sense because universal owns it, Ghostbusters is a little bit harder in my perspective.

I'm curious why we think ghostbuster would be a tribute store candidate. I understand its the 40th but doesn't Sony own the rights and not universal (correct me if I'm wrong).
I know universal has a history of teasing the next tribute store within the current one, but putting that to the side, I'm curious how the rights will work themselves out. Jurassic park last year made sense because universal owns it, Ghostbusters is a little bit harder in my perspective.
I'm sure if Universal went to Sony and said "Hey, to celebrate the 40th anniversary of your IP we wanted to create a temporary store where we'll sell a bunch of your merch. And we can even use it as an opportunity to advertise your new movie!"

I feel like Sony would bite.

This is also pretty off topic lol

EDIT: I've made a separate thread for this topic - Potential Summer Tribute Store?

Last edited:
Aren't the Monster designs for Dark Universe completely different from the ones that HHN has been using in the recent canon? So the connection wouldn't make sense without *another* reset.

And either way, I think Ghostbusters could be a lock for tribute store or HHN. It was a good haunt, and Frozen Empire seems to allow for a bunch of cool (pun intended) effects and a classic spooky atmosphere. The questions just becomes, if Ghostbusters IS coming to HHN, it'll probably be the big-budget haunt.

Between FnaF, Ghostbusters and Gremlins (which I think are all still rumors, I'm tired today) all theoretically using puppets or animatronics in some capacity I could see Gremlins being the one that gets axed. Or, as @TheCodeMan95 said, maybe Ghostbusters becomes the summer tribute store to keep Gremlins / other big-budget IPs in the running. Just some food for thought.

Edit to add: A good NY zone would be incredible
After watching the new Ghostbusters trailer ... made me think they could do a scare zone.

Last edited:
"Frozen Summer Fun"
(totally swiped that name from the former event at DCA)
Aren't the Monster designs for Dark Universe completely different from the ones that HHN has been using in the recent canon? So the connection wouldn't make sense without *another* rereset.
Yep. They're all new for the park. The HHN designs are more "scary" (aka bloody/zombified) while Epic Universe's design is less intense (for now). We've only gotten a very small taste of the Dark Universe concepts.

The only connection is they're both Universal Monsters. But both can exist, no need to reset anything for HHN even though Epic Universe is getting a new version.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Aren't the Monster designs for Dark Universe completely different from the ones that HHN has been using in the recent canon? So the connection wouldn't make sense without *another* reset.

And either way, I think Ghostbusters could be a lock for tribute store or HHN. It was a good haunt, and Frozen Empire seems to allow for a bunch of cool (pun intended) effects and a classic spooky atmosphere. The questions just becomes, if Ghostbusters IS coming to HHN, it'll probably be the big-budget haunt.

Between FnaF, Ghostbusters and Gremlins (which I think are all still rumors, I'm tired today) all theoretically using puppets or animatronics in some capacity I could see Gremlins being the one that gets axed. Or, as @TheCodeMan95 said, maybe Ghostbusters becomes the summer tribute store to keep Gremlins / other big-budget IPs in the running. Just some food for thought.

Edit to add: A good NY zone would be incredible
repurposing the chucky animatronics as gremlins and mogwai would make perfect sense...

I wanted Gremlins for awhile, but seeing the execution of Chucky last year killed that dream. Puppets with that size and proportion can only do so much, scare wise. It'd be a tough one to try and represent properly. At least Chucky can use Cultists as scareactors to help him out, every Gremlin is like 2 feet tall.

I also don't know what Gremlins has going for it this year that it didn't have every other year we bring it up. I haven't heard any rumors with the IP so far, and I don't really expect to.