Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I asked this question over 3 months ago and we are still basically running in circles. We know the park needs more entertainment and where they could potentially be spread to, but what can be placed that’ll entertain HHN guest?
If I may ask--would you mind expanding the latter bit of that? "What can be placed that'll entertain HHN Guest"?

Are you talking about like--the addition of a roaming show (like the M3GAN Dance Mob that was stationed either in Hollywood or in the Harbor)? The reinclusion of the Lagoon Show, with the fountain display being rebuilt? Or, another attraction or the inclusion of just simply The Bourne Stuntacular (like how T23D used to operate during HHN back in the day)?

Reactions: Speed
I asked this question over 3 months ago and we are still basically running in circles. We know the park needs more entertainment and where they could potentially be spread to, but what can be placed that’ll entertain HHN guest?
image.png

more than enough room for stuff

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
If I may ask--would you mind expanding the latter bit of that? "What can be placed that'll entertain HHN Guest"?

Are you talking about like--the addition of a roaming show (like the M3GAN Dance Mob that was stationed either in Hollywood or in the Harbor)? The reinclusion of the Lagoon Show, with the fountain display being rebuilt? Or, another attraction or the inclusion of just simply The Bourne Stuntacular (like how T23D used to operate during HHN back in the day)?
More so what could interest guest to the same level of Nightmare Fuel as shows in other theaters. Roaming shows seem to have been successful with M3gan and Deatheaters, Lagoon show does numbers, and HNF does well while also each providing a different experience.

I feel like i’ve read that Animal Actors and Bourne should be used 1000 times in the last 2 spec threads, but have seen maybe 2 ideas for shows that could actually be used that would differ from these other experiences, while entertaining the totally different crowd that comes with HHN compared to day operations

HNF includes pyro, magic, and dancing while the lagoon show has the fountain and laser technology making it hard for me to think of what could make any new show unique to the rest of the lineup, which makes me wonder what could be included in a new show that would interest guest to want to see both

image.png

more than enough room for stuff
The question continues to be WHAT can be placed there. Not where. I agree they need more shows, but what concepts bring in crowds

Last edited:
Moving on...

I know I'm going to get many pitchforks and tomatoes thrown at me for this (and I myself don't see it as a likely possibility), but might I entertain Hazbin Hotel as a potential IP? The first season has finally begun airing to high praise from both critics and audiences, and is currently #2 on Amazon Video.

Visually it could be a very fun house, and there's an endless roster for cool demon designs and scares.

Again, I know it's not the most likely IP to be brought to the event, but just throwing it out there as some food for thought.

More so what could interest guest to the same level of Nightmare Fuel as shows in other theaters. Roaming shows seem to have been successful with M3gan and Deatheaters, Lagoon show does numbers, and HNF does well while also each providing a different experience.

I feel like i’ve read that Animal Actors and Bourne should be used 1000 times in the last 2 spec threads, but have seen maybe 2 ideas for shows that could actually be used that would differ from these other experiences, while entertaining the totally different crowd that comes with HHN compared to day operations

Alright--wanted to get that answer. I think Legacy, Joe, and a few of the IUForum mods have talked about it; but I think the problem that comes down to the desire to that of how you can do a new theater show, lies in that you don't really have options here.

Animal Actors you have to contend with the Kennels, Bourne you have to deal with Action Horizons (the teams responsible for the actors and handling of stunts/choreography)/the weapons bunker/the sets that are currently there, and BMG is typically nowadays more used for Grinchmas (or Cheerleading? Not sure on that).

There isn't really an option on proper "Stage Shows"; as there seems to be. Not to mention, entertainment would still need to legally rent out the spaces for their specific times. Money that could then be better sent for that of other aspects, such as show quality of houses, scarezones, and live entertainment such as the Lagoon Show (Which I imagine will come back this year) and the FFLVenue's show (which I don't think has been confirmed of Nightmare Fuel returning either).

Not only that, HHN Budgeting should still be factored into the budgets that is given to UOR in the terms of seasonal events and entertainment. That's not even mentioning the construction and setup for the new structure being made for HHN future.

___
I know that's probably not what you wanted to see, but UOR has both the new daytime parade and the new lagoon show, plus that of the construction of the new HHN structure to contend with. I'd imagine Karen is trying to do her best with what is present for the HHN teams; but I'd also imagine that given the next two years are gonna be a rapid series of changes coming, seasonal events will need to be relooked at for what is possible with what they are capable of.

If I had to really guess what could be options--my mind thinks on the lagoon show and doing more with the idea of roaming show's is not a bad idea. The latter just needs to be fixed up on; as it wasn't uncommon in the early 10's for them do do roaming shows.

Moving on...

I know I'm going to get many pitchforks and tomatoes thrown at me for this (and I myself don't see it as a likely possibility), but might I entertain Hazbin Hotel as a potential IP? The first season has finally begun airing to high praise from both critics and audiences, and is currently #2 on Amazon Video.

Visually it could be a very fun house, and there's an endless roster for cool demon designs and scares.

Again, I know it's not the most likely IP to be brought to the event, but just throwing it out there as some food for thought.
0383ef7f3e3f5d322369500d5b1796dc.gif

In all seriousness, as much as I love to see indie animation (even if it comes at the cost of paying your animation artists dirt cheap) flourish in mainstream; I don't think Hazbin Hotel really has the legs to do anything special.

Alright--wanted to get that answer. I think Legacy, Joe, and a few of the IUForum mods have talked about it; but I think the problem that comes down to the desire to that of how you can do a new theater show, lies in that you don't really have options here.

Animal Actors you have to contend with the Kennels, Bourne you have to deal with Action Horizons (the teams responsible for the actors and handling of stunts/choreography)/the weapons bunker/the sets that are currently there, and BMG is typically nowadays more used for Grinchmas (or Cheerleading? Not sure on that).

There isn't really an option on proper "Stage Shows"; as there seems to be. Not to mention, entertainment would still need to legally rent out the spaces for their specific times. Money that could then be better sent for that of other aspects, such as show quality of houses, scarezones, and live entertainment such as the Lagoon Show (Which I imagine will come back this year) and the FFLVenue's show (which I don't think has been confirmed of Nightmare Fuel returning either).

Not only that, HHN Budgeting should still be factored into the budgets that is given to UOR in the terms of seasonal events and entertainment. That's not even mentioning the construction and setup for the new structure being made for HHN future.

___
I know that's probably not what you wanted to see, but UOR has both the new daytime parade and the new lagoon show, plus that of the construction of the new HHN structure to contend with. I'd imagine Karen is trying to do her best with what is present for the HHN teams; but I'd also imagine that given the next two years are gonna be a rapid series of changes coming, seasonal events will need to be relooked at for what is possible with what they are capable of.

If I had to really guess what could be options--my mind thinks on the lagoon show and doing more with the idea of roaming show's is not a bad idea. The latter just needs to be fixed up on; as it wasn't uncommon in the early 10's for them do do roaming shows.
No I agree, I’ve read all the implications of adding stage shows on these threads for years now, I just feel like in the 32 and now the 33 thread there’s always mentions of adding shows to these big theaters time and time again, but never see actual ideas presented of what could work

I’ll leave it there, didn’t realize we put an end to this conversation earlier

No I agree, I’ve read all the implications of adding stage shows on these threads for years now, I just feel like in the 32 and now the 33 thread there’s always mentions of adding shows to these big theaters time and time again, but never see actual ideas presented of what could work

And to chime in on my end--I think the lagoon show and the reinstatement of "more" roaming shows might actually be a good option to consider. Back in the 00's and '10s, they had Robosaurus and the Death Drums; and while the quality of the shows was lacking, they added an atmosphere that allowed specific areas of the park to thrive. (Editing in to give some examples--if M3GAN fills the role of a roaming dance show; then I'd unironically bring up perhaps something like EDM, as live music played at certain areas).

The Lagoon show is a people-eater, and it makes a lot of sense to bring it back. Hell, you could even use the potential drone technology that has been tested as part of it. When USH does the Dark Arts show with Drones--usually the Deer brings a audible crowd reaction no matter how many times if I recall.

Both of these, alongside the reinforcement of the M3GAN Dancing Mob (especially with M3GAN 2.0 debuting in January of 2025) makes a lot of sense to me as small additions that'd do a difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolbfitz
Would like to just bring up as a friendly way of saying, HNN's First rounds aren't super accurate most of the time.

Hell, speculation now usually isn't in the terms of January's. They might have a few things potentially right, but that doesn't mean it is going to be as concrete of a moment.
I'm not looking for accuracy at this stage, I'm just looking for something to discuss and entertain and speculate about. If we just got the exact list of houses and shows 9 months early, there'd be no fun involved in this thread.

Moving on...

No tomatoes here. I'm not a fan of Hazbin, but it definitely could be represented at the event in some way given the right circumstances. However, I think those circumstances are real unlikely at this point. I also think the IP itself is a little difficult to translate into a zone or house. I could see a photo-op or song in the Peacock bar loop if it happened to be a Peacock show, but since it's an Amazon Original, probably not happening.

I'm not looking for accuracy at this stage, I'm just looking for something to discuss and entertain and speculate about. If we just got the exact list of houses and shows 9 months early, there'd be no fun involved in this thread.
Precisely--and the last thing I think anyone wants is a repeat of Hollywood 2022; where us here on the West Coast got screwed over due to someone ruining the fun.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
so speaking of spec season and maps, do we think the days of maps having speculated "names" are gone? I feel with universal wanting to control rumors (like strangers things last year with the guitar and lightning bolt) will we see more symbols than names on this years spec maps.
Curious if this will be the new norm!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahmanet
That was meant to infer Metallica.
yeah that was later confirmed. later in the spec season tho, it was also confirmed by HNN that universal was trying to keep ST under wraps as long as possible by asking HNN to not share the name on their maps, due to either music rights or something else (could be wrong here also)
Was just implying I could see symbols taking over future spec maps to prevent IP fears of backing out based on leaks.

Reactions: SeventyOne
yeah that was later confirmed. later in the spec season tho, it was also confirmed by HNN that universal was trying to keep ST under wraps as long as possible by asking HNN to not share the name on their maps, due to either music rights or something else (could be wrong here also)
Was just implying I could see symbols taking over future spec maps to prevent IP fears of backing out based on leaks.

I don't believe Universal asked that directly, because I'm sure they'd prefer HNN not share anything at all haha.

But yes, efforts have been made by HNN to not make some of the speculated names so obvious as a precaution, in case the property isn't as "locked in".

I missed most of the fun discussion, but I just wanted to quickly throw in my 2 cents with a dumb question.

Would it be possible for Bourne to operate during HHN just as... itself? Just .. ya know. Bourne open during HHN.

MOVING ON

The lineup and what we may see this year just feels like a giant mystery.

In my mind, the following IPs all would make somewhat sense to come to the event:

FNAF (duh)
Monsters (duh)
Beetlejuice (sequel coming soon)
F13 (Crystal Lake coming soon)
Ghostbusters (Frozen Empire coming soon)
Fallout (Prime series coming soon)
TLOU (another chapter from the game to build up to the second season)

Not enough people talking about this !!! There's still much more to cover from the first game that wasn't explored in last year's house, hope they bring it back this year before we get a house adapting Part 2 at some point

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Not enough people talking about this !!! There's still much more to cover from the first game that wasn't explored in last year's house, hope they bring it back this year before we get a house adapting Part 2 at some point
My dream for this is a house based in David's town in the winter, lol

• Love
Reactions: saint.piss
I missed most of the fun discussion, but I just wanted to quickly throw in my 2 cents with a dumb question.

Would it be possible for Bourne to operate during HHN just as... itself? Just .. ya know. Bourne open during HHN.

MOVING ON

The lineup and what we may see this year just feels like a giant mystery.

In my mind, the following IPs all would make somewhat sense to come to the event:

FNAF (duh)
Monsters (duh)
That Fallout show looks great.

Isn’t FNAF a given at this point. The fun house this year.

Could they just revive the Beetlejuice review instead of a house. Last house wasn’t that good to me.

If they base FT13th on the show and it’s good I could go for that.

The last Ghostbusters was pretty good I think that house would be a solid idea too.

Pricing is their best option. Reservations do nothing but complicate the experience.

I think they could easily simplify the ticket structure and increase pricing.
  • Kill Rush of Fear (replace with 2-3 night ticket packages, priced differently between a weekend/weekday structure)
  • Kill any Express option with Frequent Fear passes
  • I'd argue only offer UFF, with a price increase obviously, and another new FF option that runs through the event, but excludes all Saturdays, but can include a few Fridays/Saturdays.
Outside of the 3 major IPs last year... waits (actuals not posted) were not unbearable. Crowding was an issue in some locations (Fallon area with 3 houses/tribute store/food) and the MIB plaza, but those are issues that could be easily remedied by spreading out house entrances/dining venues/etc.).
This would not be beneficial at all. You have to remember that there are more people who attend this event other than locals. Some of us travel multiple weekends for this and having Express on FF is very important. First of all, I'm too damn old to be standing in those lines. Second, I have a limited number of days that I can attend, so every one of them needs to have Express. Third, with FF+, I am able to spread out my travel weekends to enjoy the event over the full two months without wondering if I've lost my mind by paying for individual tickets and express every time we go.

This is a worldwide attraction - people are coming from all over. Travel is expensive. I don't need to be screwed by tickets on top of it. I spend enough money in the park over the course of the event (on food and merch) to justify having FF. I realize this is just speculation, but it always boils my blood when the suggestion is tossed out there that multi-night tickets with express should just be eliminated. Same goes for ROF - I have some friends that want to travel with us, but only the one weekend. I always suggest going early to take advantage of ROF, so they can get the most for their money. The people I'm bringing are old like me with plenty of disposable income - exactly what Uni should be salivating over.

[...]
FNAF (duh)
Monsters (duh)
I wonder, in terms of marketing appeal, if there might be a "conflict of interest" if three video games are tapped. FNAF kinda has transcendent appeal due to merchandise recognition, but I wonder if two post-apocalypse video games, no matter how truly different (TLOU & Fallout), would create some issue.

If Stranger Things enters the picture, it'd be interesting to think that three distinct streaming services could be heavily marketed at the event - I imagine all three would have to somewhat compete for resources, and I'm sure there's some corporate game of "our house better get as much love as theirs". If Stranger Things can force icons to take a back seat, I wonder what the logistics were in terms of the Peacock bar and placement of Chucky as what could be perceived by some (not me) as "direct competition".

Something my friends and I were discussing last year was that each of the scare zones felt spare, probably due to Epic sopping up a great amount of cash. Because zones were lighter in terms of "activation elements", I think a lot of attention was drawn to the loss of lagoon show, death drums, etc. IMHO, the very best thing that they can do this year to encourage guests to stay in Scare Zones this year is:

1. Create more zones with stories that can be built upon as the night progresses (Black and White to Color, Characters in increasing states of Monstrosity/Decay, and - if the horrors of war weren't as prevalent in popular news cycles as they are today - factions of characters winning/losing ground throughout the evening.
2. Create more engagement in the crowds with interactive characters, utilizing elevated stages as the Villains in "Oogie Boogie Bash" or Chucky in the past do/did to draw engage guests. I think it was nice that Oddfellow was in the crowd, but I also think that having him on the purpose-built stage could have engaged crowds in a meaningful way, though perhaps not at the critical intersection that it was placed.
3. More kill shows/show stop moments. Wouldn't it be interesting if, incorporated into the theme of the year, a very small roving horde symbolizing Change/Fate/Chaos/Death/etc. wandered through each zone? When they reach the next zone, a large set piece changes in the zone or a major costume change occurs that, for a few moments, completely revitalizes the zone and invites guests booking it to their next house to stop at the surprise at this "random" moment? I'm thinking sorta like the Disneyland "Parade of Dreams" floats that would stop and change drastically, encouraging repeat viewing from different locations, inevitably splitting up crowds.

(EDIT: For those that have no clue what I'm talking about, look around the :30 second mark - each float had somethign like this - )

By doing more with less, guests will feel like they haven't been able to see it all and will feel like they caught something special. It could also spawn a lot of content creation like "Here's a secret you can't miss at HHN 33", etc. I think it would also help to distract from capacity issues, boost the illusion of more live entertainment, and sponge more guests from queues for houses. While the possibility of bottlenecks are scary, I think the trade-off would be a big relief for the houses and food lines.

Last edited: