Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Heck, if HHN wanted to, they could certainly come up with their own spin on "ironically spooky mascot costumes." I'm sure they could develop much better settings and a more coherent back story. Without the popularity of the franchise, of course, the financial aspect wouldn't make a lot of sense... so HHN will just come up with something entirely better.
I kind of made this joke yesterday, but I’m certainly all for them using Schittie’s Kidz from Slaughter Sinema.

The description was "When Ben Schittie agreed to take his daughters to Lizzy Lemmings Funtime Emporium, he had no idea what massacre could behold. Evil has a new name, Schittie's Kidz."

I’m sure they could create their own sets and costumes more cost efficiently and basically have the same type of house. The biggest problem I could see with that would be a lot of the casuals that don’t know that it’s a bigger version of a section of a fan favorite house and would probably continually compared it to FNaF.

Reactions: Grits0808
My only counter point is didn't a poster say that the FNAF creator regularly visits Orlando HHN and does the RIP Tour ?

If this whole thing is actually true ... I would personally bet on Ghostbusters being at the event (unless it pulls a Madame Web at the box office)

Maybe no FNaF is a positive. Everyone was pumped about Chucky, TLoU and Stranger Things 4 last year and those ended up being just...fine. If, in the current spectrum of rumors, Uni's pitch didn't line up with Scott's vision, maybe it's because it might not have been good. Or, it could have been an incredible concept and Scott was just too demanding- we might never know, but instead of being bummed, look at the positives. FNaF has staying power, and could probably pop-up with a refined concept at any time, and maybe there's now room for another high-profile IP this year.

Maybe no FNaF is a positive. Everyone was pumped about Chucky, TLoU and Stranger Things 4 last year and those ended up being just...fine. If, in the current spectrum of rumors, Uni's pitch didn't line up with Scott's vision, maybe it's because it might not have been good. Or, it could have been an incredible concept and Scott was just too demanding- we might never know, but instead of being bummed, look at the positives. FNaF has staying power, and could probably pop-up with a refined concept at any time, and maybe there's now room for another high-profile IP this year.
This is the big one - figuring what that other high profile IP could be!

You have to look at it like this too, look how long it took for the fnaf film to get off the ground, I don't see the house being any different with how Scott and I'm sure Blumhouse also involved as well wanting the house to be unless they wanna hold it off for another year that's understandable because it could be paired as a bigger house with part 2 tagged to it in the future but I don't see it being a total big loss for Uni, of course the fans but Universal would pull another ace out of their sleeve I'm sure as they always do.

Current guesses
- Scooby Doo
- Hazbin Hotel
- Demon Slayer

Watching I See You GIF by BrownSugarApp

Maybe no FNaF is a positive. Everyone was pumped about Chucky, TLoU and Stranger Things 4 last year and those ended up being just...fine.

So many of the IP houses are super focused on just reenacting scenes from the source material instead of actually trying to...you know, scare you. ST4 and LoU both could've fit like gloves.

I kind of made this joke yesterday, but I’m certainly all for them using Schittie’s Kidz from Slaughter Sinema.

The description was "When Ben Schittie agreed to take his daughters to Lizzy Lemmings Funtime Emporium, he had no idea what massacre could behold. Evil has a new name, Schittie's Kidz."

I’m sure they could create their own sets and costumes more cost efficiently and basically have the same type of house. The biggest problem I could see with that would be a lot of the casuals that don’t know that it’s a bigger version of a section of a fan favorite house and would probably continually compared it to FNaF.
Two potential issues:

(1) there's a thing called "trade dress," it's a close cousin to trademark. And it's never really been applied to theme parks that I know of. But, for example, McDonalds was sued in the 70s because McDonaldland was a blatant rip-off of Syd & Marty's Croft's TV shows. Basically you can't be so much like an existing IP that you'd be confused with it. Again, this is all theoretical, there'd be solid arguments on both sides, but ultimately why risk it when house concepts are a dime a dozen?

(2) Schittie's Kids isn't going to sell merch like FN@F would. Even just a cut of a boatload of money is a lot of money. Why burn a bridge with knockoff when you may get to taste that cheddar next year?

THIS! THIS documentary is the only way I actually found out HHN existed. I live in Chicago, and they do not advertise here. My son knew what a Halloween freak I was, and he was scrolling through cable channels one day and saw this. He started watching, and then he started screaming for me to come see. I ran in the room, and he said, "LOOK AT THIS!". That was, I think Spring of 2005. By Fall 2005, this happy girl attended her first HHN. This gives me the warm fuzzies just seeing this.