Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While it won't be an issue this year, I do wonder about 2025+ for any future UCM related content at HHN once EU opens.
I've seen this idea posted a couple of times — is there any reason to think Horror Nights in Orlando would refrain from using the monsters once EU opens? I wouldn't be surprised if they're given a break (because creative doesn't feel the have a good story to tell) but it would surprise me if Dark Universe was cited as a reason.

I've seen this idea posted a couple of times — is there any reason to think Horror Nights in Orlando would refrain from using the monsters once EU opens? I wouldn't be surprised if they're given a break (because creative doesn't feel the have a good story to tell) but it would surprise me if Dark Universe was cited as a reason.
I’m with you on that. It would be pretty shocking for that to be a reason to not feature the UCM library at a seasonal horror event just because they are represented year round at a different park.

It's entirely fan conjecture, mixed with the fact that we've already seen every monster represented since 2019.

we've already seen every monster represented since 2019.
Well.... not every monster in the headliner role for a house. Bride of Frankenstein is technically the only monster to get their own house. 2019, 2022, & 2023 were all "shared" experiences.

So there is definitely more Afterlife left in the franchise. But it's still a fair question to ask in regards to EU. I still wouldn't mind a Victoria Frankenstein house (or TV series/movie).

Besides, if they can't come up with more storytelling with this iconic group of legends, they're no better than the studio execs who have failed at bringing them back to the big screen.

Just throwing out this reminder:

Michael Aiello, Senior Director – Entertainment Creative Development at Universal Orlando Resort, stated A Quiet Place was “extremely difficult” to translate into a maze due to the film’s reliance on sound, specifically silence. However, he said it’s “not impossible” so there’s that small chance for fans, though highly unlikely.

And for clarity’s sake - this was stated before the 2nd film.

Just throwing out this reminder:

Michael Aiello, Senior Director – Entertainment Creative Development at Universal Orlando Resort, stated A Quiet Place was “extremely difficult” to translate into a maze due to the film’s reliance on sound, specifically silence. However, he said it’s “not impossible” so there’s that small chance for fans, though highly unlikely.

And for clarity’s sake - this was stated before the 2nd film.
And well before the third which takes place during the aliens’ arrival and when know one knows yet that you have to be quiet.

The whole "Silence" gimmick feels incredibly hard to implement in a satisfying way.

1. Houses have lots of sound bleed from room to room. Someone screaming from one side of a silent house could be heard from pretty much anywhere else in the building. Let alone purposefully loud Sound Triggers. You can't turn down the volume on the sound triggers, because frankly, that's 95% of an HHN scare. Go through a house with earplugs and the scare factor plummets, unless you get a pro performer that gets up in your face or just has great timing with their movements.

2. The "Sound Proof" whisper tunnel rooms from Graveyard Games and Hill House required basically zero theming to facilitate the noise proofing, which works for a single pitch black hallway, but if you're expecting the house from AQP1, that's not gonna be able to be soundproofed anywhere as well.

3. The monsters popping out only if you make noise is a cool concept, but I just cannot imagine a scenario where that works logistically. If your party is a group of veterans who doesn't often make noise, do you just miss all of the scares? Would that kind of gameplay mechanic encourage heckling from guests towards Scareactors to get them to come out? What if the costuming turns out bad like it did for Depths of Fear and the scareactors end up not being able to see or hear very well in their masks? I imagine most performers would just default back to scaring normally after the first weekend in order to scare more of the conga, and simply because it's just less work for them to do back there during an already strenous job.

4. If you incorporate the Agitating Noises into the sound triggers themselves, I imagine a scenario where every monster scare is preceded by a second or two delay for a clanging pan or creaking door to play before you actually get scared. For one or two flavor scares in a house, sure. But that'd get real annoying fast through a whole house in my opinion.

5. Say you were to fix all of the above, are you going to have scareactors work with this direction and gameplay mechanic while they are dressed up as this thing?

spec_evo_profile__the_dark_angels_or_the_listeners_by_darkriddle1_dfv11vh-pre.jpg

These things are 2-3 times bigger than people, are larger than Demogorgons or Xenomorph's, and with proportions that don't match with a human body even if you did want to fudge the size issue. They move incredibly swiftly in the films, and honestly don't appear all that often either, so incorporating them into certain setpieces would also take a lot of fudging.

The team had their chance to do really cool sound based scares, and it was last year with the human proportioned, easily cast Clickers from The Last of Us. But they didn't, I wish they did more with that aspect of their characters, but they didn't.

I don't think A Quiet Place would work at all, if I'm proven wrong so be it. I'd love to see something that out there and strange turn out great in practice, but it just seems like a really big "if" to me. It's only a few steps above asking for a Jaws or Final Destination house, these things can only go so high concept before completely falling apart. Chucky barely functioned last year and that house's gimmick was just "Doll-sized Slasher".

As for the Clown... he has literally made appearances at the event 10 times out of the the past 22 years!!! (skipping 2020) 5 of those times as the main icon (2000, 2001, 2007, 2015, 2021), 1 as a shared icon (2006), 1 as a sub icon (2010), the other 3 times were cameos via house (2004/2005)/limited SZ (2009)
Well I wasn't at any of those events.. so yeah. I'd still like to see him lol

I would absolutely LOVE to see The Strangers at the event. I think it could be done relatively cheaply compared to other IP, allowing more budget for other houses as well.
(My dream home invasion house would be You're Next, but that's never happening)

As far as A Quiet Place, I just really don't see how it would work with the silence concept. As others have said, it would likely need to be based on the new prequel where no one is aware that sound triggers the creatures.

Reactions: saint.piss
I really don’t understand why everyone thinks that we would have to be completely silent for A Quiet Place house to work… all of the scenes that we would be likely to see would probably involve noise and the creatures attacking, or attacking other actors. I don’t see why they wouldn’t just ignore that whole part of it and do a standard book report house. If we’re walking through a Halloween house and we’re talking or yelling, then yes if it was real Michael Myers would probably hear us talking and attack us… but he doesn’t because the actors are in specific places and are going to jump out at us anyways. I don’t think it’s that deep.

I really don’t understand why everyone thinks that we would have to be completely silent for A Quiet Place house to work… all of the scenes that we would be likely to see would probably involve noise and the creatures attacking, or attacking other actors. I don’t see why they wouldn’t just ignore that whole part of it and do a standard book report house. If we’re walking through a Halloween house and we’re talking or yelling, then yes if it was real Michael Myers would probably hear us talking and attack us… but he doesn’t because the actors are in specific places and are going to jump out at us anyways. I don’t think it’s that deep.
I was mostly responding to Legacy's tweets, but it is something I've heard brought up broadly for years.

For me, A Quiet Place movies have one gimmick and that's the noise aspect. If it weren't for that, then it's just any other IP house and honestly the monsters are too large and inhumanly proportioned to be properly built for every scare. If that monster is what you're wanting, I'm partial to waiting for Stranger Things 5 at that point and hoping they make some Demogorgon scares instead.

People hated not being able to see Chupy a lot in the Chupacabra house a few years back, but that's the only path I can see working for AQP3 unless they make a smaller larval stage or something. A few large scale puppets with limited movement and a lot of victim scares.