Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I may propose a theory!

So if we're no longer getting Elm Street, there is another slasher IP that I can see happening, one we've already discussed before: The Strangers. We have Chapter 1 releasing next month, and Chapter 2 is looking to release this fall.

And this caught my eye. Of course I'm not sure if Clive was trying to possibly hint something here, but the new Strangers trilogy is both distributed and produced by Lionsgate, so there's another thing going for it.

Just something to think about IMO.
FWIW - I have not heard The Strangers in any discussions.

No one seems to be answering that question. So it leads me to believe it may still be on the table.
Big reason that question isn’t getting answered is because, from an insider perspective, it’s hard for us to know definitively what happened. I’m getting different explanations from different sources. Sometimes it takes a bit to find out the truth. And, especially now, insiders are less inclined to verbalize what they THINK happened versus what they know/been told.

IF they tried and failed to get NoES (a big if), I’d be very interested to know what happened. Unlike previous “lost” IPs like Conjuring and Scream, Nightmare isn’t exactly a hot property. Since the disappointing remake 14 years ago, the franchise has been pretty dormant - arguably more so then any of the other “classic” slashers, which have had TV shows and video games and movies with rumors of more to come. In fact, the lack of movement from the IP makes me wonder if there are rights issues or other difficulties behind the scenes.

Big reason that question isn’t getting answered is because, from an insider perspective, it’s hard for us to know definitively what happened. I’m getting different explanations from different sources. Sometimes it takes a bit to find out the truth. And, especially now, insiders are less inclined to verbalize what they THINK happened versus what they know/been told.
I can understand why. I've still got a chunk of memory synapses in my head devoted to all of the HHN29 Game of Thrones -> Graveyard Games speculation that turned out to be mostly bunk iirc. Better to triple check rather than throw out half-answers that cause way more confusion longterm.

I can understand why. I've still got a chunk of memory synapses in my head devoted to all of the HHN29 Game of Thrones -> Graveyard Games speculation that turned out to be mostly bunk iirc. Better to triple check rather than throw out half-answers that cause way more confusion longterm.
Way off topic, but I was just thinking of the GoT rumors and then I read your post and you brought up GoT :lmao: :lmao:

Interesting point of reference - for whatever reason A Nightmare on Elm Street seems to be a bit tricky to license. Dead by Daylight which has more horror licenses than you can shake a stick at couldn't get the Original NOES. They resorted to the remake.

Halloween, and anything done by John Carpenter, is a relative breeze to acquire and he's on record saying he'll pretty much let anyone roll with his franchises, and music, if they ask permission.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or at least the first film and it's characters also seem to be pretty easy to pick-up, at least at the moment. There's a Texas Chainsaw game that was just released, a new entry in the franchise, and quite a few films in recent history.

Point is, based on recent history, it's not surprising to me that A Nightmare on Elm Street didn't come easy. My personal theory, based on the fact that we've only seen him in original Elm Street stories at the event, and I believe in Japan, is that the character is much easier to get than the film franchise.

Sounds like the movie franchise itself is in Hollywood limbo , based on some quick research

He is my personal favorite 1980s horror star , first movie was so good

IF they tried and failed to get NoES (a big if), I’d be very interested to know what happened. Unlike previous “lost” IPs like Conjuring and Scream, Nightmare isn’t exactly a hot property. Since the disappointing remake 14 years ago, the franchise has been pretty dormant - arguably more so then any of the other “classic” slashers, which have had TV shows and video games and movies with rumors of more to come. In fact, the lack of movement from the IP makes me wonder if there are rights issues or other difficulties behind the scenes.
There has been legal issues around NOES for years now. I cant remember the parties involved but from what i recall there was at least 2 and they are yet to see eye to eye.

Edit, I may have mixed up NOES with Friday the 13th, so disregard the above.
NOES has had a large asking price within the Wes Craven estates. It sounds like they are holding out for $$ or the right script/studio. Based on some research, it looks like recently they had bids and rights were given to Blumhouse or New Line Cinema, but nothing confirmed. Either way seems like NOES is making some movement since its remake 13 years ago, so future should be bright!

Last edited:
Just because I don't want the spec to become the "story"...

You can't lose something you never had.

You can't lose something you never

1713794125303.gif