Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 184 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Y'all I think we could be getting an inhuman eldritch horror Icon...
Ok GIF

A lot of people in one of the discords I'm in are saying it's giving Fear vibes. I hadn't started attending yet when he was a thing, but they made some interesting connections to some old marketing.

HHN veterans-- would you agree that it feels like it could be Fear as the icon?

Edit-- I just found out this video was for BOTH coasts so I'm guessing totally irrelevant to an icon and rather just setting the scene for this year's marketing!

Reactions: HHNObsession
A lot of people in one of the discords I'm in are saying it's giving Fear vibes. I hadn't started attending yet when he was a thing, but they made some interesting connections to some old marketing.

Well, in the lore, Fear is contained in the Lantern and only released every 20 years, so I'm really not sure why he would suddenly be back out.

But also, they released the video on YouTube as well and the title is "Fear Cannot be Contained", so hm.

If anything, I think this is Fear's "projection" onto the world. This looks, to me, more like an inverted and monsterized reflection of the front archway (the medallion as the mouth, USF logo as the eye) than an actual standalone icon / monster / whatever hatched from that egg lol. The upside-down in all-but-name.

So I think Fear could definitely be involved, but I don't think we are looking at Fear at the end of the video.

EDIT: Maybe something akin to Terra Cruentas but with Fear as the ultimate overlord is at least what I think when I see this

Hear me out.

Last year, Oddfellow's whole thing was wanting us to 'conquer Fear', and how he wishes to become the most powerful being in 'this universe and beyond!'.

And of course, Adaru is the God of Fear, so he would not be happy about this, and for possibly the first time ever, he himself feels Fear. So despite not being able to leave the Lantern for another 7 years, that first feeling alone of Fear is powerful enough for him to project out into the real world, or perhaps create a spawn, all to reinstate/remind us of his power status.

Y'all I think we could be getting an inhuman eldritch horror Icon...
This definitely feels more high-concept than Oddfellow. I would not be surprised if this brings back the idea that, by entering the park, we are entering some kind of realm or world that the Icon rules over- just going off the arch design in the video. It reminds me of entering the Palace Theater for the Director, or Jack's Carnival of Carnage, or even the Terra Realm.