Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 185 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This definitely feels more high-concept than Oddfellow. I would not be surprised if this brings back the idea that, by entering the park, we are entering some kind of realm or world that the Icon rules over- just going off the arch design in the video. It reminds me of entering the Palace Theater for the Director, or Jack's Carnival of Carnage, or even the Terra Realm.
I'm going to be completely honest with y'all, I doubt the imagery in this ad is any sort of tease towards an icon or theme. It looks cool but it comes across (to me at least) just scary theming for marketing and that's it. Maybe you guys are right but idk... lol

I'm going to be completely honest with y'all, I doubt the imagery in this ad is any sort of tease towards an icon or theme. It looks cool but it comes across (to me at least) just scary theming for marketing and that's it. Maybe you guys are right but idk... lol
The fact that Hollywood shared the same commercial points to this as well. They're not known to play the "icon game".

Although, the success of Oddfellow may be changing that tune.

The fact that Hollywood shared the same commercial points to this as well. They're not known to play the "icon game".

If Fear is involved, I feel like that concept is something general enough that Hollywood can still utilize for marketing without having it be tied in the same way it is for Orlando. As @saint.piss said, it's generic enough to be spooky imagery and that's all Hollywood needs. Orlando can continue spinning their mythology however they please, and maybe that's how they tie the marketing together for both coast in lieu of heavy-hitting IPs (potentially)

If Fear is involved, I feel like that concept is something general enough that Hollywood can still utilize for marketing without having it be tied in the same way it is for Orlando. As @saint.piss said, it's generic enough to be spooky imagery and that's all Hollywood needs. Orlando can continue spinning their mythology however they please, and maybe that's how they tie the marketing together for both coast in lieu of heavy-hitting IPs (potentially)
Are we really getting a shared Icon. I am so excited I have never been to a HHN year that had a icon or even a theme before. I guess "Fear really can't be contained"

Reactions: bdubsCEO
I think time will tell. If the announcements continue this theme and imagery, I think it'll be a lock. But as of now, I understand the skepticism

1715706865502.png
So this could just be an infliction of the arch...and the world we will be being welcomed into, by maybe something else that comes out from the underground. Whether this be FEAR or something else. It did give the Stranger Things vibes with viewing it in the ground at first, but don't think thats it at all. I am intrigued how right of the arch, the two lights are reflected perfectly in the infliction with the ground, but the one on the left has something or some shape coming up from the light spot and blocking it. Looks even kind of castle-ish in that one area? But the main portion of the eye and mouth line up with the medallion and studio symbol. So I think it is our entrance to this monstrosity of a world. The reverberations that happened as the manhole blew off and that kind of giving me we will see it spread along the landscape vibes. Could we be missing any type of connections to like Seeds of Extinction?

These are just random other thoughts for future battles or setups amongst icons to further the story...
Though I do like the idea FEAR broke out early because he felt fear for the first time? Could OddFellow be drawing Fear out for his inevitable battle with Jack? Could Jack and Oddfellow be in cohoots to break FEAR, and try to get to the number one spot solely?

All just random thoughts! Can't wait to see more!

Ima be real - my first HHN was 2016, so I know nothing about Fear and it honestly sounds confusing LOL

Also - my stupid self saw the reflection in the water and thought it looked like the church outside of Twisted Traditions in 2018 lol

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
Now the question is announcement when? Are we still thinking we could get something this week before spooky empire? Or is this our announcement for now.
I said this earlier but best case scenario we get one on Thursday. Most of the hhn house announcements we've gotten over the past couple of years have always been on a Thursday and they have that HHN panel at Spooky Empire the day after so it would make a lot of sense imo.

Reactions: HHNObsession
"Son/Daughter of Fear birthed from a Giger-esque egg and giving a Guile Sonic Boom to the entire park that ushers in a spoopy tooth & eye hellscape" was weirdly not on my list of guesses for this year's event.

But if that's what this is, I'm kinda digging it. :)

I think it’s a new “icon” the more I look at everything, but I am not sure if the focus on the year will just be this monster we see.

This trailer and the marketing is way to in depth to be something one off. A bigger story is at play here and I’m here for it.

Maybe Boris will fight it? They did use the NY section of the park in the trailer after all…

I think it’s a new “icon” the more I look at everything, but I am not sure if the focus on the year will just be this monster we see.

This trailer and the marketing is way to in depth to be something one off. A bigger story is at play here and I’m here for it.

Maybe Boris will fight it? They did use the NY section of the park in the trailer after all…
I feel like your whole argument is very flawed because of the fact that Hollywood also posted the same video.

Is there any chance we get any announcement/reveal during the panel on Friday? I definitely think we'll see SOMETHING by then.

Now the question is announcement when? Are we still thinking we could get something this week before spooky empire? Or is this our announcement for now.

I said this earlier but best case scenario we get one on Thursday. Most of the hhn house announcements we've gotten over the past couple of years have always been on a Thursday and they have that HHN panel at Spooky Empire the day after so it would make a lot of sense imo.
Or June.

Could be misremembering, but doesn’t Hollywood have a habit of moving in lockstep(ish) with these marketing video releases up until a certain point, when they branch off? With that point being either when the IPs diverge or Orlando has a more in depth theme/backstory that Hollywood just cuts out of their final trailer?

Reactions: DannyPowers
Sad No Way GIF by grown-ish