Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 298 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd argue you don't really need express if your going more than 3 nights.
The Office Lie GIF

As someone who travels to this event solo the majority of the time, the back stage lines can be pretty brutal for me personally, which is why I bought ROF + Express. However if I was traveling with a group I wouldn’t have a problem with the lines. Everyone’s situation is different, but I also think a lot of problems could potentially be solved if Universal decided to do a Week pass with or without Express for hotel guests only. As ROF is my equivalent of a week pass since that is the best deal I am get when I come from out of town and have to fly in for only one week a season.

Wait til you get old, kids.. your mindset will change on this.
indeed, but I don’t mind waiting in line. As long as I have comfortable shoes and my headphones, I’m fine. Then again, I have never really waited that long for a house. The maximum I have waited for was maybe 70 minutes, and that was for Halloween. I always do stay and scream, and I don’t mind going early or late or staying from open to close. It may be different for everyone because I have to travel for the event, so I don’t have other obligations going on, making it dreadful for me, but I haven’t run into any issues. I’ve been in September and October, and yeah, it’s busy, but that’s expected, and I skip around to the houses with low waits. Rush of fear is also a great way to see the event if you don’t mind missing October and Halloween, but once again I’m out of town, so it’s not a big deal to me.

Reactions: Nico
As someone who travels to this event solo the majority of the time, the back stage lines can be pretty brutal for me personally, which is why I bought ROF + Express. However if I was traveling with a group I wouldn’t have a problem with the lines. Everyone’s situation is different, but I also think a lot of problems could potentially be solved if Universal decided to do a Week pass with or without Express for hotel guests only. As ROF is my equivalent of a week pass since that is the best deal I am get when I come from out of town and have to fly in for only one week a season.
I think a Week Pass is the dream for a lot of us on here - at least for the ones that travel!

Nothing will beat the guy I saw by himself in the NY S&S area sitting on the ground eating a Simpsons Big Pink Donut in 100 degree weather. That guy was definitely a passholder

I think a Week Pass is the dream for a lot of us on here - at least for the ones that travel!

Nothing will beat the guy I saw by himself in the NY S&S area sitting on the ground eating a Simpsons Big Pink Donut in 100 degree weather. That guy was definitely a passholder
Seconded, it would be cool if I could just pay for the week since I don’t live there and I don’t have to pay extra for nights I won’t even attend, but it is cool to have that flexibility.

Thirded, and many of us have been saying this for years now. Give me the same 3 to 5 day options they have for the regular parks, and I’ll happily commit to a start date.
Seconded, it would be cool if I could just pay for the week since I don’t live there and I don’t have to pay extra for nights I won’t even attend, but it is cool to have that flexibility.

Hrmmmm.... We have a small group going down in October to Tampa for an unrelated event. I was going to try and talk everyone into going down a night early and hitting HHN. Problem with that is I swore I'd never do HHN without express, but $600 a couple just for tickets and express isn't going to fly with everyone. We'd be looking at the 9th or 10th, so Wed/Thurs. One night only. Probably not going to the parks that day, so no stay and scream. How bad would lines likely be? Or do these changes with express make it an unknown?

I personally like doing the houses more than twice, but it isn't like I can do them a ton when I only go three nights. I don't find stay and scream to be worth my time/the heat, but we do close out the event every night we go. Last year, there was almost never a line for Darkest Deal. It started as one of our top two houses, and after we went through it so many times (because no line so why not), it ended up in my bottom few houses. It just didn't feel special anymore. So I'm not sure where my cap is for when runs become less special, but I definitely found I have one lol

Also, speaking on the express/no express stuff:
Because we only go three days, FF+express isn't cost effective for us. We do FF to attend for a Sun, Wed, and Thurs, and we do single-night express that Wed. I think even without doing stay and scream, we did around 6-8 houses on Sunday and Thursday last year without express anyways, plus Nightmare Fuel once and time for food/drinks. And we don't tend to get in lines over an hour long (so some of the very popular IPs we may not hit more than 1-2 times). It's always a great time!

Edit: We also do the 6 house unmasking tour Thursday during the day, so we run those houses again Thursday night to see the effects they taught us about in their full glory. We just really love learning how the stuff is done and why, so it's like looking at totally new houses when we go on Thursday

This is interesting. There’s definitely a point of diminishing returns for me. I find many runs over the course of the event (often with weeks in between) to be valuable. But I have a younger brother new to HHN who asked us to run Darkest Deal 4/5 times given no wait bc he loved it so much. I was ready to call it after 2.

Makes me wonder how the vloggers with hundreds of runs don’t burn out. But to each their own.

darkest deal was kind of boring in the graveyard parts. it was too dark. I definitely didn't love the mid section.... I know everyone loves darkest deal but only the begining and the end were best.

but dueling dragons I couldn't get enough of, it was so amazing. . and blood moon was literally like an actual museum or a fair. felt like a medieval times exhibition.

dueling dragons and blood moon demanded as many repeat visits as you could do.
it depends on the house, depends on the actors.

yeti had so many jokes you HAD to repeat it. lol. I only noticed the snake toilet in like visit 4
it depends.
comedy houses have to be repeated to see the jokes
and a house like Oddfellow......come on ....... how can you not repeat it

Last edited:
darkest deal was kind of boring in the graveyard parts. it was too dark. I definitely didn't love the mid section.... I know everyone loves darkest deal but only the begining and the end were best.

but dueling dragons I couldn't get enough of, it was so amazing. . and blood moon was literally like an actual museum or a fair. felt like a medieval times exhibition.

dueling dragons and blood moon demanded as many repeat visits as you could do.
it depends on the house, depends on the actors.

yeti had so many jokes you HAD to repeat it. lol. I only noticed the snake toilet in like visit 4
it depends.
comedy houses have to be repeated to see the jokes
and a house like Oddfellow......come on ....... how can you not repeat it
I didnt see the bit of Dueling Dragons where the fire and ice demons were battling each other across the house path with their magic until about the 3rd or 4th night I went last year and it became my favorite bit from the house. Would have missed it if not for repeat runs.

Wait till next year when the Epic Universe boom happens and the year has IPs the GP is actually excited about (I'm looking at you, Five Nights at Freddy's)!

Considering a lot of us felt FNaF was going to be a lock for this year, and by many accounts Universal absolutely wanted FNaF this year...what's going to be magically different about next year when it most likely will still live or die by Scott who is a very well-known pain to work with on multiple levels? And I say that as someone who'd love to see the property here.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet