Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 326 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't mind it aslong as it isnt the main thing for merch, the reuse of the same merch is getting old. But the thing that upsets me the most is the original artist that designed lil boo gets bumpkis from all of this.
That’s the nature of being a Universal employee. She got a salary. That was her payment.

Boo was one pumpkin out of thousands that have been made for the event by hundreds of artists over decades. No other artists tried to capitalize on something they created while working for Universal because they understand they don’t OWN what they create for Universal; Universal does.

You don’t see the freelance house designers clout chasing or selling fan art versions of what they were paid to create. Because they know they were already paid.

That’s the nature of being a Universal employee. She got a salary. That was her payment.

Boo was one pumpkin out of thousands that have been made for the event by hundreds of artists over decades. No other artists tried to capitalize on something they created while working for Universal because they understand they don’t OWN what they create for Universal; Universal does.

You don’t see the freelance house designers clout chasing or selling fan art versions of what they were paid to create. Because they know they were already paid.
Nature of the beast working anywhere, your IP is the company's IP. My last job is making $5M/yr off of a patent that I'm on, but we didn't see any of that.

Agreed, especially given they are recycling the same junk as well. It’s quickly becoming the Walking Dead of merch. But, they will keep making it until people stop buying it. They are hitting new lows with the merch IMO.
The Lil' Boo Christmas ornament is a "die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" moment for HHN. Fifteen years ago the idea of a cute cartoon pumpkin being overly marketed to HHN fans would've been the villain's ridiculous plot in a Bill & Ted show.

Plus - as much as it sucks that she doesn't get a portion of what is sold at Universal - she's still able to independently sell Lil Boo merch/books/etc. I imagine Universal had to give their blessing for that?

In regards to the merch - I don't care if there's Lil Boo stuff. It's never the central focus or the only merch. If it was ONLY Lil Boo stuff, that would be annoying.

Plus - as much as it sucks that she doesn't get a portion of what is sold at Universal - she's still able to independently sell Lil Boo merch/books/etc. I imagine Universal had to give their blessing for that?

In regards to the merch - I don't care if there's Lil Boo stuff. It's never the central focus or the only merch. If it was ONLY Lil Boo stuff, that would be annoying.
That’s correct. She has permission to use the license at no cost.

Disney would have sued her.

Though I adore Lil Boo, Uni is draining their cash cow. I was expecting more Major Sweets merch or anything else. Although my wallet is delighted, I am not happy with the items this year. I go toward the end of the event, so I might get a shirt or two on sale to have one for the event, but thus far everything has been a miss for me.

HOPING to see other stuff soon cause uhhh…

So was anything announced today? Or was that date on the lil boo image a lie?
Just more merch and Boutique getting its HHN overlay.

No details for Blumhouse yet, although there's still another unlisted podcast (which should be Sinister & Surreal).

Reactions: Kooks
Just more merch and Boutique getting its HHN overlay.

No details for Blumhouse yet, although there's still another unlisted podcast (which should be Sinister & Surreal).
Only one more podcast? I imagined they’d do one for each original. I was hoping for a Triplets one!