Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 331 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Elm St was never in play.

AFAIK - the decision to announce all the originals was all very last minute. The first planned announcement was AQP. I do not know the whys about that change.

Yeah, it hasn't been shared. It's cool but not like earth-shattering. I'd advise to keep expectations in check for it.
If not Elm Street what was the second one they tried for?

Alright - I guess since everything has been formally announced, it's time for the annual Q&A of trying to offer some insight and clarity to the Spec Year that was.

Ask away!
If you're able to share, what's that other IP they tried gunning for after FNaF fell through?

What was up with Harold & Kumar? Why didn't it work out?

Was there ever any talks of something Beetlejuice with the new movie releasing?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Alright - I guess since everything has been formally announced, it's time for the annual Q&A of trying to offer some insight and clarity to the Spec Year that was.

Ask away!
- How early on did they decide to go with a 4/6 split and if it was as early as it seems why do you think that was the route they decided to go?
- Were Sin3ster and Surr3al always planned or where they just kind of thrown together “last minute”?
- This one’s a bit more spec-y but if the AQP house does well and Paranount likes what they see do you think it could open the door for Scream?
- Which houses are you the most excited for and/or have you heard the most positive things about?

I’m sorry if this isn’t the right thread for this, but is there a reason why Orlando isn’t getting Weeknd but Hollywood is? it seems like the perfect dual coast IP?

If not Elm Street what was the second one they tried for?

Can't say, unfortunately. I don't wanna piss off and ruin any future possibilities. :lol:

Do you know why this ever came up? Was something else mistaken for it?

There's always something that gets lost in translation. Insidious also deals with sleep/dreams/nightmares so maybe that's what got confused?

What was up with Harold & Kumar? Why didn't it work out?

Was there ever any talks of something Beetlejuice with the new movie releasing?

I think H&K was wishful thinking by fans.

As far as I heard, no talks of a BJ house. *giggity*

- How early on did they decide to go with a 4/6 split and if it was as early as it seems why do you think that was the route they decided to go?
- Were Sin3ster and Surr3al always planned or where they just kind of thrown together “last minute”?
- This one’s a bit more spec-y but if the AQP house does well and Paranount likes what they see do you think it could open the door for Scream?
- Which houses are you the most excited for and/or have you heard the most positive things about?

I've heard 4/6 for the loooongest time. I think maybe as far back as Jan. It was 5/5 until you know who left.

IDK about the specifics of the icons, but I knew it was something related to multiple personas. I think a few people heard the same, which may have contributed to the confusion with Triplets.

Scream's rights are hard because you have to negotiate with the studio AND the costume maker.

Triplets.

Now that it’s announced why didn’t Orlando choose to do The Weeknd again?

I’m sorry if this isn’t the right thread for this, but is there a reason why Orlando isn’t getting Weeknd but Hollywood is? it seems like the perfect dual coast IP?

Different ideologies is my best guess. IDK why it was never considered as a house, though.

Can't say, unfortunately. I don't wanna piss off and ruin any future possibilities. :lol:

There's always something that gets lost in translation. Insidious also deals with sleep/dreams/nightmares so maybe that's what got confused?

I think H&K was wishful thinking by fans.

As far as I heard, no talks of a BJ house. *giggity*

I've heard 4/6 for the loooongest time. I think maybe as far back as Jan. It was 5/5 until you know who left.

IDK about the specifics of the icons, but I knew it was something related to multiple personas. I think a few people heard the same, which may have contributed to the confusion with Triplets.

Scream's rights are hard because you have to negotiate with the studio AND the costume maker.

Triplets.

Different ideologies is my best guess. IDK why it was never considered as a house, though.
Not only that with Scream, but considering everything surrounding Scream 7, I don't think Universal is gonna wanna even try to touch Scream with a 30-foot pole for a while.

This is just a total guess on my end but maybe the Weeknd house at 31 didn’t do as strong popularity wise on the east coast as it did the west. So maybe Orlando’s team just wasn’t interested?
that’s so interesting cause that line was always packed. i think his fans base has grown so much, so it would be a sure money printer.