Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 342 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm curious to see how the Vamp aspect will be integrated as well.

Like mentioned, I don't think it's really necessary to lump in the Blumhouse zone and Insidious. Insidious is a very popular and successful Horror franchise that exists on its own away from Blumhouse.

I'm actually excited for Dead Coconut. Hollywood was able to have FNAF props and stuff displayed, so there is no reason to think that Orlando, in a well lit, indoor, controlled environment couldn't possibly get them to display as well.

God, I really, really hope not.

What we've enjoyed with the Dead Coconut Club (and Revenge of the Dead Coconut Club) is it leans into the vibe of Golden age Hollywood mixed with vintage Tiki-chic and classic Halloween. Vamp, I can see working, but Blumhouse would clash severely with the American Sirens and their Halloween show.

And, incidentally, the Dead Coconut Club, if you haven't been, is the furthest thing from a well-lit, controlled environment.

What we've enjoyed with the Dead Coconut Club (and Revenge of the Dead Coconut Club) is it leans into the vibe of Golden age Hollywood mixed with vintage Tiki-chic and classic Halloween. Vamp, I can see working, but Blumhouse would clash severely with the American Sirens and their Halloween show.

And, incidentally, the Dead Coconut Club, if you haven't been, is the furthest thing from a well-lit, controlled environment.
The first thing I thought of was Tiki-chic/beachy vampires.

Reactions: WryNewsie
No idea how to save/send it, but new HHN commercial popped up on YouTube. "Evil Arch" at the end for a brief second, otherwise set in what looked like a haunted laundromat. Underwhelming to be honest. AQP the headliner IP.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
No idea how to save/send it, but new HHN commercial popped up on YouTube. "Evil Arch" at the end for a brief second, otherwise set in what looked like a haunted laundromat. Underwhelming to be honest. AQP the headliner IP.
Was it the AQP announcement video cut down or something bc I saw that. Or was it something new completely?

I meant well lit, indoor, controlled environment as opposed to a popup booth, outdoor display in the dark, or in a house where it has to be slathered in Vaseline so that idiots don't break stuff. I meant that the props would be relatively safe.

And while I understand what you're saying about the golden age stuff, they had aliens downstairs in the back part of the club. I wouldn't think that animatronic characters in that same area (again, where bartenders and others can see to make sure people don't hop over ropes and mess with them) would be too out of place. Animatronics have been in use for quite a while. Disney started using them in the 60's which is generally accepted as the tail end of the Golden Age in Hollywood.

Personally, I have no real love of FNAF. The movie was better than I expected (because I had zero expectations), but I've never even seen any of the videogames, let alone played them. But I still find it hard to believe that it won't somehow, someway, be incorporated into the event so was just making a hypothetical argument.

And while I understand what you're saying about the golden age stuff, they had aliens downstairs in the back part of the club. I wouldn't think that animatronic characters in that same area (again, where bartenders and others can see to make sure people don't hop over ropes and mess with them) would be too out of place. Animatronics have been in use for quite a while. Disney started using them in the 60's which is generally accepted as the tail end of the Golden Age in Hollywood.

Personally, I have no real love of FNAF. The movie was better than I expected (because I had zero expectations), but I've never even seen any of the videogames, let alone played them. But I still find it hard to believe that it won't somehow, someway, be incorporated into the event so was just making a hypothetical argument.

And there you've hit on why I dislike this Vamp/Blumhouse rumor so much.

Yes, there were aliens downstairs last year, but it was integrated into the story for the "Revenge of the Dead Coconut Club (in 3D)". The Monsters had tried their hands at a cheesy '50s B-movie and were hosting a premiere party at the club. So all the golden age sci-fi and drive-in decor had a place and had a reason to be there. It was a cohesive experience.

So I'm not against animatronics per se....

I don't like the idea of plopping out a display of FNAF props for the same reason I don't like the rumored Vamp/Blumhouse split. There's no story line, it's basically saying "Hey, people really liked Vamp '55. Vamp '69, Vamp '85.....it's not in the park this year, let's put it in the Dead Coconut Club" and someone else saying "There's two floors....What if we do Blumhouse too?".

Blumhouse is a brand/IP hybrid. The studio's films almost all share strong thematic, aesthetic, and tonal similarities. You can fairly consistently determine that a film is from Blumhouse from watching the trailer in a way you absolutely cannot determine, say, a Columbia or Paramount film from its trailer. It's very much akin to golden age Hollywood, when studios tended to have a strong house style - in fact, Blumhouse films tend to vary a lot less then those classic studio products. Comparable modern parallels would be the output of Marvel Studios or, to a lesser extent, the horror output of A24. Insidious absolutely does not stand apart from this - in fact, it is very arguably the most standard example of the Blumhouse "house style."

That "house style" is becoming oppressively boring at HHN.

If Five Nights was going into the Coconut Club, the sign would say "Five Nights at Freddys," not "Blumhouse." They would trumpet it. Five Nights isn't going to be at the event, and its no loss.

Blumhouse is a brand/IP hybrid. The studio's films almost all share strong thematic, aesthetic, and tonal similarities. You can fairly consistently determine that a film is from Blumhouse from watching the trailer in a way you absolutely cannot determine, say, a Columbia or Paramount film from its trailer. It's very much akin to golden age Hollywood, when studios tended to have a strong house style - in fact, Blumhouse films tend to vary a lot less then those classic studio products. Comparable modern parallels would be the output of Marvel Studios or, to a lesser extent, the horror output of A24. Insidious absolutely does not stand apart from this - in fact, it is very arguably the most standard example of the Blumhouse "house style."

If Five Nights was going into the Coconut Club, the sign would say "Five Nights at Freddys," not "Blumhouse." They would trumpet it. Five Nights isn't going to be at the event, and its no loss.
I don't think it necessarily has to be that way. The Black Phone was a wonderful house imo, and I thought it took the material in really interesting directions that felt very different structure-wise from any other recent HHN house. The Horrors of Blumhouse in 2017 was really well-recieved from what I can recall. The M3gan shows were fun last year. I think FNaF would feel entirely different as a house than something like Exorcist: Believer, Purge, or Happy Death Day, because that franchise has such a solid and uniform visual and audial identity already.

I agree that Blumhouse properties do often share a tone that can meld with one another, but even with that similar base, I find that HHN has made some really interesting offerings with those properties nonetheless. I agree that this year they are leaning a little heavy with it, and I think the lack of other interesting IP in the lineup isn't helping, but I wanna wait until I've seen what they've been cooking before I fully write anything off.

I don't think it necessarily has to be that way. The Black Phone was a wonderful house imo, and I thought it took the material in really interesting directions that felt very different structure-wise from any other recent HHN house. The Horrors of Blumhouse in 2017 was really well-recieved from what I can recall. The M3gan shows were fun last year. I think FNaF would feel entirely different as a house than something like Exorcist: Believer, Purge, or Happy Death Day, because that franchise has such a solid and uniform visual and audial identity already.

I agree that Blumhouse properties do often share a tone that can meld with one another, but even with that similar base, I find that HHN has made some really interesting offerings with those properties nonetheless. I agree that this year they are leaning a little heavy with it, and I think the lack of other interesting IP in the lineup isn't helping, but I wanna wait until I've seen what they've been cooking before I fully write anything off.
about blumhouse,
we all know that the scare actors can change the way a scarezone is received ( same with houses) so for the blumhouse zone, it could have a few surprises for us.
yeah that area is not always the best for zones, and crypt tv wasn't the best, but the actors could elevated it into becoming a really good zone.
I won't lose the hope that the blumhouse zone ends up having a lot of energy.

the house for insidious will just completely be its own thing. some people might not even know the blumhouse connection beforehand.

and for coconut, maybe they could lean into the movie studio aspect of blumhouse and decorate it by replicating the motion logos for the club, the motion logos have so many elements for decoration, it could actually look pretty amazing,

( I'm not saying that's what they are going to do,
and they will probably use specific properties, but the logos have a lot of really cool details that could work to decorate a club with, there's a lot of green tones and props that would look interesting in the club. )