Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just wanted to drop in and say that from reading tweets, seeing pics and some videos, HHN is looking awesome! The Fear icon seemed a little weak to me at the beginning, but it now seems very fitting. The house and scare zone ideas seem really innovative; I'm jealous I won't be able to attend!

Oh, and I don't want to ask so that spoilers will be revealed, but if anyone knows what the "true paranormal experience" in the Legendary Truth house is, could you PM me? I've been dying to know! (no pun intended)

EDIT: I forgot something really important! So, since I've never been able to go to HHN, one thing I've always looked forward to was the opening ceremonies to HHN. I was really disappointed there wasn't anything ceremonial last year, and 2008 was cut off to the public. Any ideas or predictions about tomorrow night's opening ceremony? Assuming there will be one.

Last edited:
Minor Site Update (apparently from last night)! Event Map, VIP Lounge, Mobile Terror, Legendary Truth, Our Legacy and Wallpapers have been added to the Overview section.

More on the new VIP Lounge experience:
Be a part of the newest Halloween Horror Nights experience - the Halloween Horror Nights VIP Lounge. The famous Cafe La Bamba Cantina has been transformed into a ghoulish getaway featuring "Secrets from the Past" - 20 years of concept art and memorabilia from some of the most famous and infamous Halloween Horror Nights ever. This exclusive area also features VIP drink service served by cocktail waitresses, and prime views of the "Fear Revealed" Scare Zone - perfect for watching the terror take over unsuspecting victims.

VIP Lounge tickets are $9.99 (tax included) and are available at Universal Studios' front gate and Guest Services windows, as well outside the Lounge itself.

Halloween Horror Nights is created by amazingly talented artists. Most of their designs make it into the event. But some don’t. Learn from the creators themselves, the secrets of Halloweens past (and some from the present and possibly the future).

EXTREME HOUSES
September 30, 2010 - 8pm & 10pm
Some favorites of the Art & Design team were the EXTREME HOUSES, which were fully designed (one even started but cancelled at the last minute) to be truly terrifying adventures that would have isolated guests, and allowed them an opportunity to face their worst nightmares by themselves.

LEGENDARY TRUTH - THE JOURNAL OF MARY AGANA
October 7, 2010 - 8pm & 10pm
An in depth and revealing review of the astonishing details that went into the telling of the odd doctor’s bizarre and horrifying story. COLLECTIVE operatives successfully tied together the elements of the event and solved a major mystery as to why they took place.

TERRA CRUENTAS
October 14, 2010 - 8pm & 10pm
This was the first time all Halloween Horror Nights elements were written, designed and produced to relate to each other through a detailed and complex legend of Terra Cruentas (World of Blood). Totally original and unique characters from 5 distinct realms depended on each other for survival, ritual and sacrifice to their Terra Queen.

THE THING
October 21, 2010 - 8pm & 10pm
Originally proposed to be a part of HHN 2002 the THING HOUSE wouldn't be built until 2007. The various concepts originally envisioned were modified greatly in the second design. You know what was included, now learn what did not make the final cut.

THE ICONS
October 28, 2010 - 8pm & 10pm
Halloween Horror Nights fans know all of the infamous iconic characters that hosted the event. BUT, there are others...that you may have heard about but do not know. Meet the creators who will describe how and why their creations were altered, hidden and/or resurrected in different form.

Just got an email about HHN XX from Universal and there's something new being offered now: a VIP Lounge! Here's the info straight from the HHN web site:

EDIT: Neeeeverminddd :look: :p Tbad just beat me to it! :p

Last edited:
I would really like to see the Extreme Houses, the Icons, and the Thing.

Oh and in less than 21 hours I will at HHN XX!!!!

What's awesome is that the VIP Lounge is offered on dates that are included on the FFP :thumbs:

I'm really looking forward to attending The Icons on October 28th, and hopefully some of the others if I am able to make it to the event on those nights! Love the creative aspect and the behind-the-scenes looks, so I'm gonna make sure I attend at least the one about the Icons :D

I'm wondering if the VIP Lounge is only open on those nights, or if it's open on all nights, but those nights there's "special presentations."

I think everyone has to understand that this is an opinion piece, where Jake stated several times that he may change his mind on things once he visits the houses more times, and knowing that this was only an employee preview, things are bound to change. Also Jake did this for fun and not professionally or academically, so lets not be harsh if he's not providing specific examples of everything... plus he says it was intentionally vague so as to not spoil us before we get to see it for ourselves. :thumbs:
Thank you for understanding the point of my review. To be spoiler free and a leisure write.

EXTREME HOUSES
September 30, 2010 - 8pm & 10pm
Some favorites of the Art & Design team were the EXTREME HOUSES, which were fully designed (one even started but cancelled at the last minute) to be truly terrifying adventures that would have isolated guests, and allowed them an opportunity to face their worst nightmares by themselves.

Man I would love to go to this! If anyone does go, can you pm me all the fun facts that where learned?

Just throwing it out there for those who can't attend. You can follow me via twitter (hatetofly) tomorrow. If anyone see's me feel free to say hello, I will have a black t-shirt with grey shorts.

From Halloween Horror Night's Facebook:
62117_449911788232_126469058232_5297287_3949894_n.jpg

In preparation for Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear – which begins tomorrow at Universal Orlando Resort, the creative team puts finishing touches on all haunted houses in a yearly event known as “Blood Day.” Check out another Blood Day photo at http://bit.ly/cdmSLP[/QUOTE]