Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 150 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It was last week. Only two counties have off this week compared to nearly the rest of the state being out last week.

Umm yea, I knew that :look:, and somehow my earlier post now reflects the correctness of when Hell Week was :lol:

I went last night. It was a little busy, but nothing too crazy. I think the highest wait we saw was 45 minutes at the Orfanage, but that was right after the B&T show ended. For the most part, it was all 15-30 min waits.

Not too dead but not totally crowded tonight (Thurs.). We did see some 60 min. waits at times but not bad overall. Note to people who act like douches: Shut your mouth when someone tells you they are videotaping your douchiness and you can plainly see they are doing so. We were in line behind the Idiot Family who kept stopping randomly to shoot flash photos with some kind of damn super strobe (in the daylight, mind you). Every time they got hubby right in the eyes since we were right behind them and they would abruptly stop and dad would flash and we had no way to back off. Seriously, they shot three or four photos just in the first part of the line (which was very short). He asked them to stop but they ignored him, so he flipped the bird in their next photo since they were literally just stopping dead right in front of him and he was plainly visible in the shots. I don't think they noticed till I told hubby to stop it; then they laid into us how they could do whatever they want, we had no right to be in a theme park if we don't like flash photos, etc. Hubby gets hot tempered but I told him to just be quiet while I got out my phone with camcorder to tape their ranting. I plainly said I was taping them and was obviously doing so, and their smart mouth teen actually physically threatened me! Right on camera! I thanked him for giving me such good evidence and asked if he cared say anthing more, but he shut up and turned around and they never uttered another word while we went through the house. You'd think that would end it, right? At the exit, they went to a team member and started ranting about how terrible we were and they wanted something done to us and blah blah blah. Hubby was ready to argue, but I held out my camera and said to the team member, "These people threatened us and I recorded it. There are two options here. They can walk away now and I won't take any action. Otherwise I want an Orange County officer called over here so I can show the video and find out what charges I can press against them." Conveniently an officer was standing nearby; the Idiot Family noticed him and walked away without another word. I still can't believe they were stupid enough to complain, knowing I had evidence. Other than that, it was an awesome night.

^This is the one issue that always seems to come up at HHN. Retarded drunk people seem to gather in the masses and try to ruin for others. Sorry you had a rough one but way to go on following through and showing the tards whats up!

I figured out the videotape trick last year. We had a bad confrontation with a large family of smokers, and when I got Security, half of them pretended they did not know the other half and claimed to just be "witnesses" that we started it, said horrible things, etc. It dawned on me that if I had used my phone's camcorder, they couldn't have gotten away with that. I thought it would be a deterrent too; I'm still in shock that the idiot last night would blatantly threaten me while being recorded and then they'd try to complain to security. Guess reality dawned when I insisted on cop involvement.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW....and this was a family you said? Makes you wonder why teens and kids these days think they crap don't stink and can get away with everything they want.

These are the same people who come aboard my cruise ships and complain that the ice cream was too cold, and that they were offended by jokes....I don't understand the ME ME ME mentality of society these days.

When it comes to Bill and Ted it will always be a love/hate relationship, this year the love is for The Count and the girl playing Katy Perry :lol: The hate seems to be for the lack of villains this year and the guy who played Iron Man.

To the last GREAT year where the whole show worked was for HHN 15 and the Willy Wonka storyline, THAT year was fantastic and my favorite by far, also at HHN 16 and the first time CGI guy came out was GREAT too.

But its a love/hate and yes the last couple of years it has been a bit redundant, but I love seeing anyways to see what they are going to make fun of this year.

I doubt Universal will drop FF plus and FF plus express. It is a cash cow for them. If anything, they will probably boost the price next year. They want more people in the park by any means possible because more people means more booze, food and souvenir sales (although as a FF+EP holder, I buy my souvenirs on the first trip only). Longer lines mean more people buying drinks in the lines 'cause they're bored, so that's even more revenue.

This week is officially hell week...last night Osceola Co schools were off...I hear lake Co has Monday off....and its 2 5 day weeks in a row....granted halloween will be dead

For those who also have issues with the over endulged in alcohol please keep an eye out for the latest HHN Survey, not only to they go into many details of the event and ratings and why you did rate them that way, but they want your honest detailed opinion on how you would feel with less alcohol being sold at the event.

I'm always surprised that Halloween is dead, I would think it would be the most packed :shrug:

I doubt Universal will drop FF plus and FF plus express. It is a cash cow for them. If anything, they will probably boost the price next year.

Bingo, you can bet your last penny the price of the FF w/ Express jumps 10-20% next year.

I'm always surprised that Halloween is dead, I would think it would be the most packed :shrug:

Been on Halloween 4 out of the last 5 years and its always dead. Most people share the same idea you do, I don't want to go on Halloween its going to be crazy packed. And thats fine let them all think that, meanwhile I will be at the event getting to do every haunted house some of them completely alone (Scary Tales 3, sweet JESUS best experience ever!) two, three, and possibly four times that night.