Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
that makes more sense:doh:
i would want to see a where evil hides type house with monsters that live under the bed or the closets. that seems like it would be scary but without the storyteller

Where Evil Hides was an epic fail because you know what, I'm not scared of the wolf from red riding hood, that house was so bad it had Michael Myers in it. I don't want that again, if they are going there, I'd rather have Scary Tales 4.

the link where they have better shots of the diaster que area with the van could be pshysco-scarapy cause watching the video from H.F.T.H. it kinda look the same design and idea U/O going

You guys crazy::confused: I thought those rocks looked like they were MADE for the Queen, whatever not that big of a deal. I could see them in a woodsy, outdoor scene.

the link where they have better shots of the diaster que area with the van could be pshysco-scarapy cause watching the video from H.F.T.H. it kinda look the same design and idea U/O going

I have to agree with you because that van looks like something they transport the "people" of Shady Brooks. And if this is true, Guess Whos Back. hahaha!!!

Just posted on the UOR Facebook page.
Tickets are now on sale for Universal Orlando Resort’s Halloween Horror Nights 20. This fall we’re paying homage to 20 years of fear by immersing guests in the horrors of years’ past and introducing them to brand-new frights. For more details, dates and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/

Theme confirmation? I think so.

Last edited:
Went to the Orlando site and saw a really freaky looking goblin thing and what I think to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre house. "New Era of Darkness"...:confused:

Still not old enough to visit with friends, but I can't wait to attempt to go next year!

I herd this rumor and I cound help but ask. HHNrumors posted that there will be 10 houses this year, is this true?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that 8 houses was confirmed at HauntCon and that "goblin" will probably have nothing to do with this years theme. It's a generic teaser that they use every year.

Update from HHNrumors.com:

10 haunted houses!!! :faint: Dang, Universal is really pushing there limits. And there is a themed queue rumor?

That "update" was posted back in March.:lol: Since then, permits have been released and we now know that the rumor was false. The permits showed that we will be getting 8 houses this year.

That "update" was posted back in March.:lol: Since then, permits have been released and we now know that the rumor was false. The permits showed that we will be getting 8 houses this year.

Thank goodness on Uni's part. I can't see how they would be able to fully theme 10 houses without pushing their budget.

Thank goodness on Uni's part. I can't see how they would be able to fully theme 10 houses without pushing their budget.
I'm assuming here but I think 8 is a very comfortable number for Universal. Once more, guess work here, but I think they are going into more work on the streets if anything.

I'm assuming here but I think 8 is a very comfortable number for Universal. Once more, guess work here, but I think they are going into more work on the streets if anything.

They need more work in their scarezones. Last year scarezones were alright, but they needed to be bigger, longer, and more themed. I mean Apocalypse: City of Cannibals was only just 100 feet with only two buses for theme. Thats it!!!

Last edited:
I agree -- I would like to see any additional effort/budget put into scarezones as opposed to more houses. Last year you could feel the budget restraints in the zones. Make them bigger, longer, more immersive, and heavily staffed with characters. Apocalypse had like 3 scareactors last year, and the entire Cirque zone could've fit inside one of the restrooms in the park. Would also like to see more bonus touches to the zones such as the walk-through school house in the Skoolhouse zone 2 years ago.

Also, I'm hoping to see the return of the Brian Brushwood magic show (or a replacement show) to help with crowd control.

Anybody think the rumor of the Festival of the Dead parade's return could hold any water? I know there was talk that Uni had renewed the name trademark, or something along those lines (correct me if I'm wrong)?

Also, I'm hoping to see the return of the Brian Brushwood magic show (or a replacement show) to help with crowd control.

Anybody think the rumor of the Festival of the Dead parade's return could hold any water? I know there was talk that Uni had renewed the name trademark, or something along those lines (correct me if I'm wrong)?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read that Brian Brushwood is banned from performing at HHN ever again. :shrug:

As for the FotD rumor, I think it's possible but unlikely. The parade takes up way to much space and it's a hassle for Universal and the guests.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read that Brian Brushwood is banned from performing at HHN ever again. :shrug:

As for the FotD rumor, I think it's possible but unlikely. The parade takes up way to much space and it's a hassle for Universal and the guests.

It think is not true also, BUT the trademark is currently LIVE for the parade and a SCAREZONE. Here is the link:

Scarezone:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4008:kjq4ii.2.1

Parade:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4008:kjq4ii.2.2

Last edited:

I agree completely --- with crowds like recent years, weaving a parade through that madness (and the zones) seems like a logistical nightmare.

And Brian Brushwood was banned??? Why?