Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
okay i had to make a different name cause i forgot my password :(. I do have a few good friends that have SERIOUS JOBS @ universal. From what they have told me is that Universal as we all know had a blueprint for the the 20th anniversary going back 2 to 3 years ago. From what they tell me almost everyday is that ALOT of people working on these projects don't even know the details yet. Only very few know what the theme really is. I'm gonna drop a bomb on all of us right now with the story's I've been hearing.

1) Universal has gone out of the way to trick everyone with the special code names for the houses to throw people WAY off!!
2) The houses are going to be double the size
3) They are going to put alot of houses together from out the years. (Freddy vs Jason)
4) The goal they have is to make sure every square foot of universal park is going to be complete insanity (fire,actors,audio/visual)
5) They are adding a ton of audio and visual effects to alot of houses. (stuff they use in movies etc)
6) They did shadily got licenses for characters but aren't going to use all of them of them this year
7) THIS IS THE YEAR THEY WANT TO REINVENT THEMSELVES. The goal is to make this the #1 scare park in the world. THEY HAVE EVEN THOUGH ABOUT BUILDING A HALLOWEEN HORROR THEME PARK A DOZEN TIMES!!!!!!!!!!! that's because Disney and I'm putting all my money on this, that Disney will open up a VILLAIN them park in the next couple of years. Disney has spent alot of money venturing with companies to start promoting the Disney villains etc!
8) The BILL AND TED show is going to the first of its kind!
9) From the words of a guy who's name i don't wanna mention in the website has stated they are going to bring a whole new theme to this, they are going to introduce us to characters we are going to see in the years to come. THEY WANT COMPLETE MAYHEM THIS YEAR
10) The lantern is another strategy to throw us way off

This may not answer much of what the houses are gonna be but it does tell us that this is going to be a sick year, filled with mayhem

oh boy how i can't wait for this one

--- Update ---

again i dk if its movie or not movies but the houses are going to be double in size, scare, fun, visual, etc

okay i had to make a different name cause i forgot my password :(. I do have a few good friends that have SERIOUS JOBS @ universal. From what they have told me is that Universal as we all know had a blueprint for the the 20th anniversary going back 2 to 3 years ago. From what they tell me almost everyday is that ALOT of people working on these projects don't even know the details yet. Only very few know what the theme really is. I'm gonna drop a bomb on all of us right now with the story's I've been hearing.

1) Universal has gone out of the way to trick everyone with the special code names for the houses to throw people WAY off!!
2) The houses are going to be double the size
3) They are going to put alot of houses together from out the years. (Freddy vs Jason)
4) The goal they have is to make sure every square foot of universal park is going to be complete insanity (fire,actors,audio/visual)
5) They are adding a ton of audio and visual effects to alot of houses. (stuff they use in movies etc)
6) They did shadily got licenses for characters but aren't going to use all of them of them this year
7) THIS IS THE YEAR THEY WANT TO REINVENT THEMSELVES. The goal is to make this the #1 scare park in the world. THEY HAVE EVEN THOUGH ABOUT BUILDING A HALLOWEEN HORROR THEME PARK A DOZEN TIMES!!!!!!!!!!! that's because Disney and I'm putting all my money on this, that Disney will open up a VILLAIN them park in the next couple of years. Disney has spent alot of money venturing with companies to start promoting the Disney villains etc!
8) The BILL AND TED show is going to the first of its kind!
9) From the words of a guy who's name i don't wanna mention in the website has stated they are going to bring a whole new theme to this, they are going to introduce us to characters we are going to see in the years to come. THEY WANT COMPLETE MAYHEM THIS YEAR
10) The lantern is another strategy to throw us way off

This may not answer much of what the houses are gonna be but it does tell us that this is going to be a sick year, filled with mayhem

oh boy how i can't wait for this one

Oh-boy, I would believe you but I don't know if this is crap your "friends" are making up to mess with you or this is the real thing. :mean:

Last edited:
Hmm interesting post. I'm calling shenanigans on a lot of this though.

1) Universal has gone out of the way to trick everyone with the special code names for the houses to throw people WAY off!! I think the code names are some what relative to the houses. Much like last year not everything is worth disguising and not everything is plausibly disguised.

2) The houses are going to be double the size Yea, that's not even remotely possible. The houses have the same foot print every year. That's not changing.

3) They are going to put alot of houses together from out the years. (Freddy vs Jason) There has never been a FvJ house so I don't believe that part either. Sure the HHN Museum could be possible but I don't think the whole event will be a tribute.

4) The goal they have is to make sure every square foot of universal park is going to be complete insanity (fire,actors,audio/visual) They want that every year doesn't mean it's plausible. You're not going to go into a bathroom and get scared, or a restaurant. At some point it becomes counter productive and Halloween is a money making business. If the actors are scaring away drink customers Universal wouldn't be to happy. They need those safe zones.

5) They are adding a ton of audio and visual effects to alot of houses. (stuff they use in movies etc) This could be true but the reason you don't see the effects like Neterworld is because only a fraction of the people get to see them. Audio sure, but the stuff doesn't reset fast enough to work for a conga-line. Don't hold your breathe.

6) They did shadily got licenses for characters but aren't going to use all of them of them this year I don't know how you can "Shadily" get licenses. Either you can legally or you can illegally. Universal is smart enough to know not to get illegal licenses. As far as the licenses go this might have some merit to it, but 2007 and 2009 both played up on that so, meh.

7) THIS IS THE YEAR THEY WANT TO REINVENT THEMSELVES. The goal is to make this the #1 scare park in the world. THEY HAVE EVEN THOUGH ABOUT BUILDING A HALLOWEEN HORROR THEME PARK A DOZEN TIMES!!!!!!!!!!! that's because Disney and I'm putting all my money on this, that Disney will open up a VILLAIN them park in the next couple of years. Disney has spent alot of money venturing with companies to start promoting the Disney villains etc! This seemed the most plausible until you started talking about a theme park. That's just fan boys wet dreams. I'm sure the idea has been tossed around but I don't think it will ever come to fruition. I can see them wanting to re-invent themselves considering the event hasn't "changed" drastically since the 8th house and the ramped up scarezones.

8) The BILL AND TED show is going to the first of its kind! We get a new Bill and Ted every year, just like last year, and the year before that. I can't for seeing it be anything insanely ground breaking.

9) From the words of a guy who's name i don't wanna mention in the website has stated they are going to bring a whole new theme to this, they are going to introduce us to characters we are going to see in the years to come. THEY WANT COMPLETE MAYHEM THIS YEAR They want that every year.

10) The lantern is another strategy to throw us way off Possible, but doubtful

Last edited:
I definitely agree with Jake. This seems extremely false to me. I'll add a few more thoughts to some of these:

2) There is no room for the houses to double in size as far as I am aware.

3) I've heard that MJR had interest in a Freddy vs Jason house in the past but when he left, so did the plan.

4) There are no signs pointing to a more than usual amount of scareactors being hired this year. It would cost them a lot of money to add scares to every inch of the park.

5) This could be possibly true. I could see a minor visual effect here and there such as the Billy doll in Saw last year but nothing major. Audio effects could definitely take place.

7) I only have a few things to add here. The rumor of a Villains Park and a Night Kingdom park have been around for years and years. From what I've seen, the parks are getting rid of villains more than adding them. You may want to check this thread out before believing they're really into the Villains industry: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...illains-in-Vogue-to-be-Sweet-Spells-Extension

8) I'm sure they could do something special this year. I'm not quite sure what they could do to make the show "groundbreaking" this year though. If anything, I would expect additional money to go towards props or scares instead of shows.

10) This is the one thing that I may truely believe. A&D have said in the past that they have hidden stuff on the site before just to mess with the fans.

i could be wrong and i could be right

Freddy vs Jason was just and example. I just spoke with my friends and your right is it same blueprint but way more techincal now.

I didn't mean they shadily bought licenses illegal. They did what walt disney basiclly did by 44 miles of land with out anyone knowing. Since they have that new harry potter law they took full advantage of that.

BUT I WANNA QUOTE SOMETHING THAT I HEARD ABOUT OUR SPECULATIONs "this year is gonna be like an O. Henry story, let the public think its one thing and at the very last minute do a 360 on them"

My buddys know im inlove with universal and hhn so they have busted my chops threw out the years.

Im not risking anything by saying this maybe if we all put something into the pot we'll get something out of it. WE DEF NEED SOMEONE TO TAKE PICTURES. And if we all guess right universal should endorse all of us haha.

But i did see stuff for the audio visual/sound effects and they preety much using lights and sound now that you see in night clubs in ibiza...AND THATS A FACT!!!!!

IF I HAD TO GUESS 1 HOUSE IS GOING TO LEAD UP TO EVERYTHING (past - present - future )

When I had lunch with and imagneer in disney last month I was lucky enough to have it just with 2 other people. We all kept asking him about a villan park and this is all he said with a smile.....disney about to expand more products with villains on them all threw out the world. Mac makeup already is coming out with a huge villans line etc. And from the vibe i got they do have some type of blueprint for a villan park. BUT since the just bought marvel they will most likely have that first, but i belive in the contract marvel charecters arent allowed to be walking around the park which dosent sound right to me. But this isnt about disney even though walt is my homeboy :).

All in all if can put a las vegas bet on it we ain't gonna know nothing till early september. :( they are gong out of the way to fool us. you don't think they have a team watching what we are talking about to punk us some more haha.

Anyway it would be funny if some of us ran into each other at the event. I belive we are all in a fight club for halloween horror nights hahah

--- Update ---

sorry for spelling errors im on my blackberry

I highly doubt your friends with "SERIOUS JOBS @ Universal" would give you information about something they probably don't know much about. Even if they were on A&D and knew exactly what was happening, they wouldn't risk their jobs and tell you, knowing you would run to these boards. Most of the things you told us are HIGHLY doubtful. How can you double the size of a house when the space is the same amount used every year? The jaws que hasn't expanded, they haven't built onto the soundstages. No. There's also no way to have no safezones. It's actually completely necessary to have them. As also stated before, they have only hired the usual amount of scareactors. I call fake on everything you've said, except maybe adding new special effects, that, most likely will not be seen by every guest, so what's the point? Congo lines ruin a lot of the effects anyway. The lantern isn't there for no reason. How is a lantern going to "throw us way off"? Your post just completely blew my mind.

Casey

Enjoy OU!!!!
[video=youtube;siABbqLDTCQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siABbqLDTCQ[/video]

first of all relax. How do you know who i know lol? All my points are solid RUMORS and I stated that a bunch of times. These are companys that have billions of dollars at there fingure tips. do you work for universal? This is a rumor and speculation blog. The lantern is there for a reason but not what we all think. They are all tricking us, this is what they do. wow you have so much passion over a blog over speculations, i would make fun of you but i can't tell if your a dude or a girl.

This year at horror nights I heard there was going to be scareactors.
gwstupidface20copy.jpg

Enjoy OU!!!!
[video=youtube;siABbqLDTCQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siABbqLDTCQ[/video]
Tell Pha_Q I appreciate the video and the shout out. Where were those pictures posted of "the inside job".

first of all relax. How do you know who i know lol? All my points are solid RUMORS and I stated that a bunch of times. These are companys that have billions of dollars at there fingure tips. do you work for universal? This is a rumor and speculation blog. The lantern is there for a reason but not what we all think. They are all tricking us, this is what they do. wow you have so much passion over a blog over speculations, i would make fun of you but i can't tell if your a dude or a girl.

You might be telling the truth, honestly I don't know time will tell. I'm just saying I personally am very skeptical of rumors like this. Especially of the variety of "I know ____ person". I've heard many rumors in my time and it's usually the "I know _____ person." or "____ person told me." that seem to be the most outrageous and farthest from the truth. Doesn't mean it's always the case but the guy who said there was going to be a tent over Islands said he knew the guy who worked at Dip N' Dots in the USF. :lol:

-----
For the record. I might be wrong about the house size. I'm looking at blue prints and not just the soundstages but the tents can easily be longer if they use altered lay outs. So, that is something that COULD have merit.

Last edited:
Tell Pha_Q I appreciate the video and the shout out. Where were those pictures posted of "the inside job".
I am against construction pictures taken from NON Guest areas and so far have been happy to not see them as we have in past years. I spoke with Pha_Q who has the same feelings as I but reluctantly gave me the web address. So here it is. Non Guest area Pics

This year at horror nights I heard there was going to be scareactors.
barack-obama-joker.jpg

There you go, the other one has not been cast for the past 2 years.

Last edited:

Actually I DO work for Universal lol.... In all seriousness though, sorry for being a dick.

Casey

I am against construction pictures taken from NON Guest areas and so far have been happy to not see them as we have in past years. I spoke with Pha_Q who has the same feelings as I but reluctantly gave me the web address. So here it is. Non Guest area Pics

Ditto, and those definitely look like they were taken by an employee. Which just makes it worse...

Ditto, and those definitely look like they were taken by an employee. Which just makes it worse...

I just wish the employee hope that he or she won't get fire for those pics! Anyway, Sprung Tent 2 looks like we will be entering some kind of a steel fortress aka...more reasions why we should confirm that we will see a military themed haunted house. :lol:

Last edited:
I got a couple of things that I have pieced together, whether they be true or not.

- First thing is regarding the so called "Mardi Gra" scareactors. Well, Mardi Gra scareactors reminds me an awful lot of Midway of the Bizzare. If you remember, Midway of the Bizzare is an old scarezone that used to be in Amity many years back. Seeing as San Francisco is so close to the Amity area and seeing as how Amity usually isn't allowed a scarezone what with Bill and Ted being so close, I'm getting this Midway of the Bizzare vype from the casted "Mardi Gra" scareactors. Mainly because Mardi Gra themed people just screams "carnival" or "festival", if that makes sense. And sense this is a huge reunion type year (or is rumored to be), Midway of the Bizzare would make total sense. just a thought.

- Second, with the swing set and tricycle, coupled with the fact that Cindy was running all over the HHN 20 preview scarezone last year, I am going to go out on a leg and assume that it will be Cindys house, and if not then a Skoolhouse house. Maybe even what they will do is combine the two and have Cindy enrolled in Carey Elementary with the Skoolhouse kids from HHN 18, and pretty much be the leader of an entire group of evil children trying to kill you (think Children of the Corn lol). You know, kind of what they did when they had Jack take over Psychoscareapy at Sweet 16. makes perfect sense to me, which would also explain the "valedictorian" casted roll.