Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the problem with Fear is the person playing him, not exactly the character. I just have this feeling the person who is playing him is getting a big head and he's thinking he's hot stuff in town and the other icons can't hold a stick to him.

This is a joke BTW :lol:

Last edited:
Also

From the UO:HHN Facebook page
we'll have a LIVE Q&A with T.J. Mannarino, director of Art and Design for Universal Orlando Resort's Entertainment Department and a key member of the Halloween Horror Nights team. T.J. will answer questions about HHN 20 on the HHN Facebook page from 4-4:30pm ET

Very true, before you know Fear is going to have a sex scandal and Perez Hilton is going to be writing about him :lol:

Well, it's past 4:30. Was the entire Q&A session completely uninteresting? :p

For the most part, yes. I posted over in the Legendary Truth thread that TJ did state that we will finally get some more information on this year's Legendary Truth event during tonight's VIP Lounge event. Other than that, they mentioned the usual stuff such as, "Every year we consider going back to IoA". Nothing much of interest.

They need more than 1 Fear character at this years event, He should be everywhere, queue lines, other scarezones, other houses. I remember in 2006 the icons were everywhere!

Fear doesn't have his own house which at first I didn't think was a problem until we got into the even and the guy was no where to be seen.

PsychoScarepy- I was disappointed. With such good reviews on the past houses I was pumped for my first PS. With repetitive rooms, and inmates that weren't even ghosts. I did like the hands and finale with the doctors music and strobes but I have to give it a 2.5/5
ZombieGeddon- Sure this house had scares, but I just thought this house was just really fun. With an actual continuous story going on it was really cool. As this was my 1st year following the whole event since construction I laughed inside when I saw the van. Overall, don't miss this house, it's awesome! 4/5
Orfanage- Even with a little repetitive sets going on, I liked it. I got some really good scares, and I loved the entrance! It's kind of weird you can see the JAWS lagoon with the fire part, but it still was effective. I only saw Cindy 2 times, but i'm not going crazy as i'm not a big fan of her. It was so hot in this house when I got off I had charcoal on the side of my face.(Or i'm just a weirdo :lol:) 3/5
Havoc- Man, this house was long! It was also very chaotic! This was my most anticipated and it did not disappoint me. I really liked the costumes and sets. The SA's felt very into their role and were aggressive.The facade beat the Spawning's by far. 4.5/5
Catacombs- Sadly, we went in during the cast change. I got about 3 scares. The only thing holding this house up was the atmosphere. 1.5/5
Horror Nights: Oh my god. This house was amazing. I don't care if I diddnt get that much of scares, this house had so many awesome props! I must say, all the rooms were fun, but the Dead Exposure room made me almost sprint through! Overall I loved this house! 5/5 MUDFISH HOUSE AWARD
Hades- This house had some really dramatic music. I loved the costumes and facade. Once again repetitive scenes but the scares and costumes made up for it. The vibrating floor got me really good! Is Hades even there? I didn't see him. 4/5
Legendary Truth- I know this house has potential, it's just that I got a bad spot. And sadly I only go one night, so I did this once. I only saw 2 or 3 effects.The facade was amazing though. 2.5/5

ScareZone review soon.

Overall this year was a great 2nd year! So much more intense than last year!

Last edited:
I think Fear might also be "restricted" because of his costume. I don't think his face (mask/prosthetic?) moves at all and I think his vision might be really limited, plus he's all 'plastic' from the waist up, and on top of everything he's on stilts... so movement might be really akward and restricted. That still doesn't work as an excuse for not having him show up more around the event.

Mudfish, glad to hear you had a good time overall :thumbs: For Hades, you're going inside of Hades (through his mouth).