Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear | Page 146 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights XX: Twenty Years of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ahh gotcha, at least you're consistent with Orfanage. When was the last GOOD haunt in Jaws? Jason was an ok haunted house IMO.

I think Saw was the best in the Jaws queue, but only if you knew the trap timings and were good at ignoring Ops when they yelled at you to rush through.

I don't like how the Legendary Truth effects have been breaking down, although they all seemed to be working on Sun. That's one of the reasons I like Catacombs best. It doesn't rely on fancy effects, just good old fashioned scaring. Same with Havoc and Hades (although Hades does have some effects). I really think those three are going to remain my top three for the whole year.

In the past I've had a tradition of hating the Disaster queue house early on and then coming to love it by the end (Doomsday and Cleaver). Ain't gonna happen this year, but I'll at least have an affinity for the attached scarezone forever since I got to be a scareactor there.

I was disappointed to find the vibrating floor effect at the Medusa scare scene in Hades not working Sunday :(

Hades is still the best house this year IMO -- one of my favorite ever in fact...

Any pictures of you dressed up as a SA?
Even better...video: http://exm.nr/cvYrqQ

The non-working effect in Hades is a prime example of why I like it better than LT; although I like the effects, the house is still really good without them and people who don't know any better probably wouldn't even realize it. A house like LT depends too heavily on the effects and loses a lot when they're not functioning. People who don't know about them are like, "Huh? That was supposed to be scary?" Catacombs has nothing major to malfunction so it's a consistent experience no matter when you go through.

They seem to be improving houses and scarezones now they have fear coming out a little bit around and scares of ghost in esquelto muerte, is this new?

--- Update ---

Ahh gotcha, at least you're consistent with Orfanage. When was the last GOOD haunt in Jaws? Jason was an ok haunted house IMO.

Whaaat I loved the orfanage! for me one of the best!

1. Hades: The Gates of Ruin
2. Psychoscareapy: Echos of Shadybrook
3. Catacombs: Black Death Rising
4. Horror Nights: the Hallow'd Past
5. Havoc: Dogs of War
6. Ledgendary Truth : The Wyandot Estate
7. Zombiegeddon
8. The Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes

:p
Of course I respect everyones opinion (unless its wrong) :lol: I keed I keed

But surprisingly they enjoyed it while most everyone else hated it, I was just curious what happenned on that walk through that made it better? :shrug:

I love the Orfanage, it was one of my favorite houses even when it was light outside. The sets were so amazing, I loved the floating girl, and the storyline was very easy to follow. Catacombs and Havoc have to be the best tent house pair in HHN history, I thought for a second I was walking through a soundstage in both. The sets in these houses were some of the best I have ever seen and the lenght was perfection. The tent houses are the smallest in size yet happen to be the longest houses, which is very odd, Havoc was probably the longest house this year which is why I loved it so much. Btw, this is kind of off subject but does anyone know what the longest house in the history of HHN was, Screamhouse in 2006 was the longest one I think Ive been in and I have been going since 2006.

Your experience will vary with your mood, crowd, weather, Universal, and a few other factors.
If its too hot it will dampen the event, over crowded with 90 minute waits does the same.
Staff changes and missing effects.... well that is just unforgivable!
The first step is wanting to have a good time and enjoy it for what it is.

^I would have liked the Orphanage better with just a tad more lighting, and could have seen the burnt out details better.

Wow, last night the crowd was reasonable early on (5 mins. for Hallow'd) and then suddenly it's like it grew like one of those tiny sponges you put in water that suddenly get enormous. I think Hallow'd went to like 100 or 120 mins. Thank goodness for Express; surprisingly the Express lines were still pretty sane. Houses were good but seemed to be scareactors gaps in several of them. Then Psychoscareapy flooded and was closed down, although thankfully that didn't affect Hades.

Last night was nuts. The busiest thursday I have ever been too including the hell week thursdays I have been to in the past.

150 min for Orfanage at 10:30pm

Time to bring back the same amount of shows/add more houses/more nights to the event.

The line to Havoc not only went past hallow'd past's parade building but down to three huge switchbacks. Meanwhile you have Team Members yelling at people not to take pictures because it is a backstage area, but not stopping any of the queue smokers.

If you don't want to take a chance of people snapping images backstage then don't have them wait over an hour and a half in a backstage area with no form of entertainment what so ever.

The line to Havoc not only went past hallow'd past's parade building but down to three huge switchbacks. Meanwhile you have Team Members yelling at people not to take pictures because it is a backstage area, but not stopping any of the queue smokers.
Amen! I've lost count of the times that I've been physically threatened by smokers after asking them to stop because I have bad respiratory problems. They seem to have better security this year overall but the smoking in queues is ridiculous. I'm happy every time I'm asked to take a survery so I can keep complaining about it.