Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hard Rock Hotel

Surprised there haven't been any takers. We'll be down on May 22 - maybe we can find a hiding spot for it! :grin:

It’s been a few years since this question was asked, but has the Hard Rock added any type of “Resort” refill mug with freestyle machines like they have at Sapphire Falls, Aventura or Cabana Bay?

Anyone ever have the prime double cut at the Palm? I have a question. I know this is for Dave or Mad dog as it is kinda spendy and for meat eaters.

Last edited:
Says serves 2-3. Just wondering if half can be bloody rare and the other medium/medium well? Tough crowd I travel with. That kitchen is talented. And yes the filet is tasty. Just trying for the table carving as I will have guests and treating.

Says serves 2-3. Just wondering if half can be bloody rare and the other medium/medium well? Tough crowd I travel with. That kitchen is talented. And yes the filet is tasty. Just trying for the table carving as I will have guests and treating.
I do not believe that you can have it both ways. They cook their steaks with an infrared broiler.

I do not believe that you can have it both ways. They cook their steaks with an infrared broiler.
Thanks Dave. I guess it's $50 a pop. Fair question though.:cheers: Thanks for the info guys. Still the best $7 burger on property if you hit happy hour. And oysters. I've said too much.

Last edited:
I wonder if the change has occured since then. It's a great place for sure. The happy hour items have really changed. Could be a temp covid thing as it's tight in the bar.

Has anyone been on club level recently? I'm going over labor day and read about them moving it to the lobby area and wonder how it is or if it's worth it at the moment. Thanks

We're heading down to UOR September 30 and are staying at the HRH for the first time!

A couple of questions (if anyone has stayed recently):

-Is there a "wing" we should request for our room, that provides the best access to get to the walking path to the parks?
-Is there an "unlimited drink option" at HRH - and is this available with COVID safety precautions?
-Any other tips to have an even more enjoyable stay?

Seriously Brad, closest to the pool gate is quickest to the park. If seconds matter. HRH has great food options , including the pool menu. Suggest the poke bowl. I thought the club level was not so great compared to the other 2 premier hotels. Too packed etc. But that may be just my taste. If you play guitar, they will let you borrow, with deposit, some classic sticks to take to your room. Kinda cool. Eat at the Palm for sure. Appetizer in the bar are great. Happy hour particularly. The butterfly garden is worth checking out. Nuff said.

We stayed here for the first time in May and loved it. Odd question though - Portifino has bathrobes (not my thing, but my 14-year-old loves them) but we did not see any when we stayed here. Do they usually have bathrobes, and that was just a COVID thing? Or is Portifino the only on-site that does this?

Rp do
We stayed here for the first time in May and loved it. Odd question though - Portifino has bathrobes (not my thing, but my 14-year-old loves them) but we did not see any when we stayed here. Do they usually have bathrobes, and that was just a COVID thing? Or is Portifino the only on-site that does this?
RP does. HR did when I stayed there. Always club. Not sure about other rooms.

Does anyone know when Sunday Brunch will start up again (or has it?!) at The Kitchen? Have wanted to do this in years past and I've got a full family trip planned in February so I'd love to take them all there.