Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harmonious

I have little doubt that this will be a very good show, but do I think it will be as good as IllumiNations was? Currently, no, and for that there wasn't 5 giant LED screens parked full-time in the middle of the lagoon.

I'll give the show a fair chance and tbh, i'll probably enjoy it. It will have to be really freakin good for me to give a pass to those screens, though.

I have little doubt that this will be a very good show, but do I think it will be as good as IllumiNations was? Currently, no, and for that there wasn't 5 giant LED screens parked full-time in the middle of the lagoon.

I'll give the show a fair chance and tbh, i'll probably enjoy it. It will have to be really freakin good for me to give a pass to those screens, though.
To me, it will always be an over-engineered mess, regardless of how good the actual "show" is

Zach even says it in the video that they'll be in the lagoon permanently. Ugh. Truly shocked they wouldn't parade them out every night before showtime.

Ops said "no" from the sounds of it
To be fair, if it was really going to take 2-3 hours to bring them out every night (which was rumored), I don't think it's unreasonable that ops doesn't want the drawbridge up for that long. It essentially leaves people stranded for hours unless they walk all the way back around.

Ops said "no" from the sounds of it

To be fair, if it was really going to take 2-3 hours to bring them out every night (which was rumored), I don't think it's unreasonable that ops doesn't want the drawbridge up for that long. It essentially leaves people stranded for hours unless they walk all the way back around.

I'm not going to pretend that I know how Ops and Creative get along, or how often they meet, or anything like that, but it is astounding that they did not have this conversation before building these monstrosities.

They could have built a bigger passage so they could cruise in and out but that would ruin the sightlines .... oh wait....

On seeing bio's new pictures of the ring in place I can say you don't notice the tacos as much. It dwarfs them.

If they call it 'the magical wait for the magical bridge' and they put a cupcake stand close to it, it probably will go over just fine.
But seriously I have the idea Disney Imaginering is coming up with things in a bubble instead of being in the park. It happened with the lack of shade and a place to sit down in toy story land too.

This is like when rich people decorate their house with really garish wallpaper.

There must have been a better way to do this.
There are plenty of transparent LED screen options that could have worked better/folded up and down

Water curtains on each barge would have been a bit challenging

For instance:
Leeman-hot-selling-Led-glass-window-screen-Transparent-led-wall-panel-display-transparent-glass-video-advertising.jpg

Leeman-Group-Tbar-16-see-through-LED-Building-wall-Large-Pixel-Pitch-waterproof-led-media-wall.jpg

Last edited: