Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harmonious

The off-centered-ness of it is driving me nuts. What possible rationale is there for that?

It's like they're actively trying to make it as much of an eyesore as possible.

I think if world celebration had turned out as originally planned it wouldn't have looked quite as off center.

1614505036137.png

If i'm being honest, it looks like this show was built at a very slight angle towards the now cancelled(?) events building and it would've been an absolute perfect view from up there.

There goes our $100 sparkling dessert party. :bigeye:

There goes our $100 sparkling dessert party. :bigeye:
I'm still of the belief it'll get built eventually for that very reason. It has a very justifiable reason for existence as far as the money crunchers are concerned and the ROI is much easier to actually reach with a project where there's a paid component to them whereas rides which have a much more difficult to calculate ROI. A ride's ROI is mostly calculated in terms of the increased attendance and spending said ride brings to the park.

If the barges were placed to accommodate plans that are no longer happening (as-designed, or imminently), then perhaps they should have re-oriented the barges. They are floating, movable objects. Because otherwise, it looks like a mistake.

Reminds me of how they botched Disneyland's Club 33 renovation...
C33-080314-AVP.jpg

If the barges were placed to accommodate plans that are no longer happening (as-designed, or imminently), then perhaps they should have re-oriented the barges. They are floating, movable objects. Because otherwise, it looks like a mistake.

Reminds me of how they botched Disneyland's Club 33 renovation...
C33-080314-AVP.jpg
The barges actually aren't floating once they get out there. They are locked into place, and that place that they are locked into was designed YEARS ago. On top of that, construction started on it when Illuminations was still running.

The Disney that themed the back of a building in an entirely different theme park to avoid tarnishing views in Epcot would have done what was necessary to make these show elements look better. It's not an impossible task.

It would just cost money.
I'm saying that the place in the lagoon that the barges attach to and are plugged into were being constructed back in 2019. The barges themselves could have been redone in any shape or form, but once you put the concrete bases in, theres really no going back.

Yes Six Stories tall and you still can't see the main water screen from most of the lagoon. Only if you pay extra for a front on view will you get to experience the full show.
It's definitely overcorrecting a minor issue with IllumiNations...and then causing a worse issue in the process

For example...any breeze

Finally got to see this in person yesterday and I think it was worse than picture make it look. Those barges are HUGE and visually intrusive. The tacos are as bad as the ring. Two tacos and a ring was bad enough, but the arrival of the other two will really make the lagoon look awful.

Finally got to see this in person yesterday and I think it was worse than picture make it look. Those barges are HUGE and visually intrusive. The tacos are as bad as the ring. Two tacos and a ring was bad enough, but the arrival of the other two will really make the lagoon look awful.
It's just the lens you're using