Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was the right-hand elevator up for you? Was down for me around 2:30PM. I believe we got an abridged version of the elevator ride...felt shorter than usual. Would be interesting if they actually have that as a backup if one side fails.

I took the single rider to skip all the pre show. It was walk on. When i got the the spiral staircase, there wasn't a line for the normal queue. It was oddly quite and empty.

OK, so a bit late to the party but I am from the UK.

I managed to ride this last Saturday and Friday just gone...

HOLY what a ride... best ride ever... better than Spidey... Better than FJ.
My fiancee who has never been to Orlando literally cried with joy after the ride... I haven't maned up enough to admit that I nearly did too... it is THAT GOOD.
The kuka arm wasn't working but smoke was.. I didn't notice a thing until walking out and I calmed down a bit and thought "oh yeah, the arm". Everything else worked and even I who knew about the arm didn't even notice it missing... so much so I'm unsure how it has such a big effect... maybe I should watch a youtube video now it's safe to.

We managed to ride this straight away... we waited like 5 minutes we also walked around DA with only two other people in it... my mouth was literally wide open walking around and I half knew what to expect!

Bravo Universal, take a bow.
Disney... you should be worried... very worried.

Bravo Universal, take a bow.
Disney... you should be worried... very worried.

They are.. so like.. they're dressing up the characters in Star Wars costumes on the weekends. Boom.

- - - Updated - - -

The screen in the final scene is fixed as of this morning!

That's huge. I know a lot of you thought it wasn't a big deal but this effect MAKES the ride for me. It's honestly garnered the biggest wow for me every time. I've never seen anything like it before and I'm glad that everyone is able to experience this attraction now as it was truly meant to be experienced. /nerdout

Glad to see this was fixed pretty quickly.

When I first ride in December I didn't even notice the Kuka. Returning the other week, I did notice the gaping hole, but, I was looking for it!

I also wondered if Daniel Radcliffe and in particular Emma Watson were actually used/reprise their roles in this attraction?
I know their characters feature but Emma Watson sounds really bad... especially on the Hogwarts Express... so much so I'm wondering if it's even actually supposed to be Hermione (sp?) on the HE?

I also wondered if Daniel Radcliffe and in particular Emma Watson were actually used/reprise their roles in this attraction?
I know their characters feature but Emma Watson sounds really bad... especially on the Hogwarts Express... so much so I'm wondering if it's even actually supposed to be Hermione (sp?) on the HE?

They were not. The only one from the original three to return was Rupert.

I thought about as much... I'm guessing for HE they used different voice actors (the daniel radcliffe one is pretty good) and for Gringotts they used stand ins?

Got to ride tonight with the working finale. After getting so used to the hole it was super noticeable how much it completes the scene. The fog completely hid the pull away, but there was so much that you couldn't even see the dragon on screen.

The right side elevator was down and so the working elevator ran in "fast forward." It was kind of comical to me being used to the slow descent. A first time rider wouldn't notice anything was out of ordinary though.

Got to ride tonight with the working finale. After getting so used to the hole it was super noticeable how much it completes the scene. The fog completely hid the pull away, but there was so much that you couldn't even see the dragon on screen.

iEsMgMM23S1ha.gif