Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I had my best rides on this yet over the weekend. Every effect was working properly. Just perfect.

This is great to hear, Kudos to Uni for taking both pride and care in their attractions. Shows a respect for their customers too.

Does anyone know where the green screen for the ride was shot?
Was it as Leavesden as with most things HP? I asked when I went to the WB studio tour London but they said they didn't know.... helpful!

There's a website of a company that's been posted here that takes credit for filming these scenes. It was most likely on their property/soundstages, I don't think it was in Orlando. But I could be wrong.

There's a website of a company that's been posted here that takes credit for filming these scenes. It was most likely on their property/soundstages, I don't think it was in Orlando. But I could be wrong.

It was Double Negative, who are based in London.

Does anyone know where the green screen for the ride was shot?
Was it as Leavesden as with most things HP? I asked when I went to the WB studio tour London but they said they didn't know.... helpful!

Do you remember the Evil Dead House at HHN? Don't you think it was a little odd a GIANT panorama floor to ceiling screen was just there for a Haunted House and better yet not even utilized? :sneaky:

Do you remember the Evil Dead House at HHN? Don't you think it was a little odd a GIANT panorama floor to ceiling screen was just there for a Haunted House and better yet not even utilized? :sneaky:

Yep, that's where I'd heard about it. Bingo.

Sadly, I haven't been to HHN since Sweet 16.

I remember us talking about it being used for Gringotts testing..makes a ton of sense now that the ride is built

I was so happy to see this weekend that the moving screen is back and the fog is more present than ever. Only complaint is that the 45 minute posted wait time was actually over 2 hours.

I recently learned that what you implied here isn't actually the case. While it is true that it was used for Gringotts, it was not used as a green screen for filming any source material for the attraction. It wasn't even the color green when it was used. It was white and somewhat reflective. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Paul9251
I recently learned that what you implied here isn't actually the case. While it is true that it was used for Gringotts, it was not used as a green screen for filming any source material for the attraction. It wasn't even the color green when it was used. It was white and somewhat reflective. :thumbsup:

The making of said filming was in London if I'm not mistaken, and made sure to highlight that they used a lot of the same production people for it. So i'm all sorts of confused.

The making of said filming was in London if I'm not mistaken, and made sure to highlight that they used a lot of the same production people for it. So i'm all sorts of confused.

That is what I was further told... that everything with actors was shot in England. Otherwise, that sort of thing doesn't really matter to me. What it was used for, on the other hand, gets my undies all twisted. ;)

I though in one of the videos about the making of the ride it said they set up the ride vehicle and motion base and screen in a ss to test the look and feel of the video along with creating the ride motions?

I though in one of the videos about the making of the ride it said they set up the ride vehicle and motion base and screen in a ss to test the look and feel of the video along with creating the ride motions?

Tah Dah! That s**t gets me imagining being there to see them calculating the sync and angles etc. I never saw that video, but that is the truth as it was told to me from within. The screen was used for projecting test versions of current ride video with rough vehicle mocks that moved.

Gringotts was having some flashbacks yesterday, complete with breakdowns. I haven't seen this in a while (sorry, iPhone pictures):

The interior queue changes have been reversed with the switchback in the lobby as well as the little loop around the floor of the spiral staircase up to the loading platform both reverting to their original state.

And I saw this referenced briefly a page or so ago, but it looks like people are scraping off the crackled layer of the paintings. File this under "we can't have nice things" I guess.

The actual ride was flawless though, once it started back up.

Reactions: polyesther