Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

It's like they didn't even try to get a sound a-like... "generic british female will do"

Rode Gringotts and Hogwarts Express yesterday and all effects were working flawlessly. Gringotts btw was just hammering through guests. I'd really be curious to know what they're average PPH looks like post new kuka arm.

I haven't seen it get past 45 minute most times I've looked, and it definitely hasn't been less crowded this summer so yeah they must be pushing to get the capacity really high.

Well it dispatches about every 30 seconds. I forget what the exact interval is. But assuming 30 then at full capacity that would be 2800 per hour. Better than that 700 people per hour opening day. Lol

Well it dispatches about every 30 seconds. I forget what the exact interval is. But assuming 30 then at full capacity that would be 2800 per hour. Better than that 700 people per hour opening day. Lol
Dispatch interval averages closer to 45sec, with all trains running they're hitting about 2000pph.

I finally got stuck last weekend, just past the last scene. We were stopped for about 15 minutes. Here's the cart that came after us.

Some technicians came out of the woodwork (really, they just seemed to appear through a crack in the wall). One of them had a strange contraption mysteriously labeled "Box 1" with a long cable that attached to the cart. The tablet in the hands of the other technician had a map of the ride at times, other times some sort of display of the status of individual carts.

Those must be guys that are otherwise busy maintaining the remaining vehicles. Really great pictures... I have never seen that before.

PS: your text and the maps thing tells me that possibly, the vehicle missed a sensor and forgot where it was in the ride. Fascinating.

Last edited:
Maybe not the place for it, but is the prospect of Potter Phase 3 likely once the mania over Phase 2 simmers down a bit? We don't want Universal becoming overbearing with Harry Potter; but with known plans for Nintendo and F&F that seems unlikely even with a phase 3.

Pushed down the pecking order due to the success of Jurassic World maybe? Disney have yet to announce their Star Wars plans, but I'd fully expect an instant reaction from Uni because if Disney get Star Wars right, it could be damaging.

Exciting times at Universal!

Maybe not the place for it, but is the prospect of Potter Phase 3 likely once the mania over Phase 2 simmers down a bit? We don't want Universal becoming overbearing with Harry Potter; but with known plans for Nintendo and F&F that seems unlikely even with a phase 3.

Pushed down the pecking order due to the success of Jurassic World maybe? Disney have yet to announce their Star Wars plans, but I'd fully expect an instant reaction from Uni because if Disney get Star Wars right, it could be damaging.

Exciting times at Universal!
I basically agree with your assumption. I would think a HP3 will somewhat coincide with the "whenever it happens" opening of Star Wars expansion or WDW 50th anniversary to blunt any competitive advantage from Disney. And, before that happens, Universal could always tweak shops or entertainment in Hogsmeade or Diagon to keep the HP stuff fresh if need be.

Is phase 3 still likely to happen? I know the Potter stuff is still churning out money, but there has to be a point where there is diminishing returns just because the movies that this stuff is based on are done. I'm asking this as a Potter fan who would probably make a trip just for a Ministry of Magic attraction. I just am beginning to wonder what the shelf life is going to be on everything Potter.

I am not counting the Fantastic Beasts movies, as, to me at least, thats not going to be "Potter"

I would think that Fantastic Beasts will reinvigorate the franchise, even though it is a bit different. It will wake up the Potter hunger in Potter fandom. It's a prequel of sorts but will serve the same purpose as a sequel. Also, great IP's like Star Wars, Potter, Kong, JP, have an infinite shelf life. Plus, Universal does such a fantastic job on these expansions, that it even attracts people like me that have no interest in the Potter books or movies. Quality will win out always.