Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And I saw this referenced briefly a page or so ago, but it looks like people are scraping off the crackled layer of the paintings. File this under "we can't have nice things" I guess.

That sort of stuff causes me violent anger. Put a drill bit through their kneecap angry. Send them to Saudi Arabia for hand modification surgery angry. grrrrr...

We got to the USF turnstiles on Sunday at 8:30a and while not surprised that they were letting guests in, I was surprised that Gringott's was running full speed before 9a. The Gringott's queue moved at a great clip so much so that the room/staircase after the elevators wasn't backed up. They are doing a much better job of pulsing the queue from the security photos to Bill's office to the elevators. We had a a great ride and I was pleased to see the screen back in place and the fog working better than ever. I used to think the ride was too short, but I'm rethinking that now as I ride it more. It tells a great story in a unique way and doesn't need to be any longer. The only criticism I can find are the jerky movements as you transition from scene to scene. The articulating track segments and the spinning of the coaster are so buttery smooth that these neck jerking movements aren't worthy of such a sophisticated piece of themed entertainment engineering.

That sort of stuff causes me violent anger. Put a drill bit through their kneecap angry. Send them to Saudi Arabia for hand modification surgery angry. grrrrr...

I'm the same way, it drives me absolutely insane when people pick at, hit, or do other horrible stupid things to details in the environment. The Talking Mickey Meet and Greet queue has sections of wall and details peeled away. I just don't understand people, why can't they just think of how they would feel if someone went to their house and randomly started vandalizing things because they were bored.

I'm the same way, it drives me absolutely insane when people pick at, hit, or do other horrible stupid things to details in the environment. The Talking Mickey Meet and Greet queue has sections of wall and details peeled away. I just don't understand people, why can't they just think of how they would feel if someone went to their house and randomly started vandalizing things because they were bored.

Ugh. Same here. This is why I hated Grad Nite when I went. I was already hitting up the parks solo so to see my graduating class acting like monkeys being let out of cages for the first time ever and full on assaulting my parks left me with such a bad taste in my mouth. This is also why I hope Potter's excluded from any Grad Bashes always...but not sure if that's the case.

Disgusted at seeing that painting vandalised already WTF is wrong with people? makes me sick with anger :curse::angry:, think I will head out drilling knee caps with Teebin :saw::saw::saw:

Reactions: Mad Dog
We got to the USF turnstiles on Sunday at 8:30a and while not surprised that they were letting guests in, I was surprised that Gringott's was running full speed before 9a. The Gringott's queue moved at a great clip so much so that the room/staircase after the elevators wasn't backed up. They are doing a much better job of pulsing the queue from the security photos to Bill's office to the elevators.

I think it's been like this for a few weeks. We went 3 weeks ago and were let in the park at 8:40 and into Diagon Alley when there was virtually no one about and practically walked onto Gringotts.

I recently learned that what you implied here isn't actually the case. While it is true that it was used for Gringotts, it was not used as a green screen for filming any source material for the attraction. It wasn't even the color green when it was used. It was white and somewhat reflective. :thumbsup:

Ahhh very cool! Was the Musion scene also shot in England?

This pic (from the article mentioned at the top of this page) makes it look like Hermione and Harry were actually filmed using actors, not just CGI. Guessing the actors were doubles though, not Emma and Daniel. Right?
Gringotts_Dragon_breakdown_1-658x370.jpg

This pic (from the article mentioned at the top of this page) makes it look like Hermione and Harry were actually filmed using actors, not just CGI. Guessing the actors were doubles though, not Emma and Daniel. Right?

Right. Real actors on set with digital face replacement. The voice actors sound great to me in Gringott's but Hermoine on Hogwarts Express is so terrible. Which is weird because wouldn't it be the same voice actor?

Right. Real actors on set with digital face replacement. The voice actors sound great to me in Gringott's but Hermoine on Hogwarts Express is so terrible. Which is weird because wouldn't it be the same voice actor?

Agreed, she is AWFUL on the HE so much so I was't sure it was even supposed to be Hermione.

The damaged pictures on the wall have been replaced. They have a matte surface, and you have to really look to see the crackle texture. It doesn't look nearly as nice (the ones on the right side of the hallway are still original so you can see the difference quite readily) but I suspect it's a lot more durable.

In other minutia: The loop around the floor between the glasses station and the spiral stairs has been put back.

Single rider seemed to be the way to go yesterday. The line was nearly empty, and they were taking large chunks of it at once (I'm talking whole rows filled with single riders), while there were backups causing delays at the office and elevator doors. Not sure what that was all about, they are usually efficient about filling carts to the point of making single-rider a veritable crawl.

The damaged pictures on the wall have been replaced. They have a matte surface, and you have to really look to see the crackle texture. It doesn't look nearly as nice (the ones on the right side of the hallway are still original so you can see the difference quite readily) but I suspect it's a lot more durable.

In other minutia: The loop around the floor between the glasses station and the spiral stairs has been put back.

Single rider seemed to be the way to go yesterday. The line was nearly empty, and they were taking large chunks of it at once (I'm talking whole rows filled with single riders), while there were backups causing delays at the office and elevator doors. Not sure what that was all about, they are usually efficient about filling carts to the point of making single-rider a veritable crawl.
Yeah, I didn't even wait 5 minutes in Single Rider. All the effects were working too.

Will they ever fix her voice?.....that might be the thing that bugs me the most out of the entire Potter world at Universal.