Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I recently was told that the ride does not go faster than 20 MPH and that some team member not involved with the project have seen a full CGI ride-through. Maybe with the use of screens and the motion base it'll feel faster than 20 MPH?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.mugglenet.com/2014/05/daniel-radcliffe-dispels-rumors-says-he-has-had-no-involvement-in-escape-from-gringotts/

Sorry for the double-post but this was too interesting not to share. Dan Radcliffe claims to have no involvement...Which means all images of him were most likely completely CGI'd.

My guess is, they shot the stuff for HPATEG while the were shooting Deathly Hallows and the actors didn't know some of the stuff was for the ride.

They ended filming for deathly hallows in 2010, the same year the first wizarding world opened. The odds of them even knowing that there was going ot be a phase 2 at that point and knowing enough about the ride to film useable scenes is fairly remote.

wow guys so impressed been a way for a while....life kinda just gets in the way!! but very impressed with everything and what was released today!! so after seeing the photos today whats everybody leaning to now for softs/opening date?

- - - Updated - - -

and those vault doors......just amazing!!great snab teebs!!!!!!

If you guys noticed in the video posted by USA Today, the one Goblin says make your way to get your Gringotts Security photo taken... confirming what HTF said on our podcast a few months ago.

Seems like there may not be an on-ride photo, but a pre-ride photo.

If you guys noticed in the video posted by USA Today, the one Goblin says make your way to get your Gringotts Security photo taken... confirming what HTF said on our podcast a few months ago.

I can't wait to see what this will be exactly... Will we be able to purchase some form of ID card with our photo and name on it? Or, even better, would be something like the Ministry of Magic identification, which is more like a passport style booklet (as produced in the Film Wizardry book).

ID, coins, vault keys... I want it all. :doggie:

il_570xN.259972184.jpg

See, as a non-Potter fan, the idea of that and the brick wall thing-y in line for the Express have zero interest to me. They're just standing between me and the flawless ride experiences I'm waiting in line for. I get why they are doing the photo thing, because they will make buku bucks that will pay anything for such a photo, but I hope it's optional.

I am amazed that the Disney sites are nary discussing the USA Today post. I guess they are uninterested in one of the greatest theme park openings of the past 30 years? A queue with multiple animatronics and they are discussing the false idea of "compliance" puleeeze.

I would ask them to point out one AA at a Disney theme park that is compliant with anything human. They all look silly and clunky with mouths of a ventriloquist doll. If Disney had compliance of any kind, they would have been the ones that developed and invented Asimo. They didn't. Shut up.

*snap*

I would ask them to point out one AA at a Disney theme park that is compliant with anything human. They all look silly and clunky with mouths of a ventriloquist doll. If Disney had compliance of any kind, they would have been the ones that developed and invented Asimo. They didn't. Shut up.

*snap*

[video=youtube;q2JWyfnMSkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2JWyfnMSkU[/video]

I wonder how Radcliffe's likeness will be used. I suppose they could CG him, but that would probably only work if guests don't get a good look at him. The absence of his voice seems like a bigger issue...using past dialogue could come off as stilted. They had to have designed around it, though.

The lava scene sounds bonkers. I'm expecting some massive heat blasters pointed towards the guests. Should be intense.

I wonder how Radcliffe's likeness will be used. I suppose they could CG him, but that would probably only work if guests don't get a good look at him. The absence of his voice seems like a bigger issue...using past dialogue could come off as stilted. They had to have designed around it, though.

The lava scene sounds bonkers. I'm expecting some massive heat blasters pointed towards the guests. Should be intense.

I'm not to distraught..The inclusion of Bellatrix and Voldy will be more than enough to make me forget about Radcliff not in the ride

Not to mention, the whole idea of revisiting a scene from the movies but from an alternate perspective makes using Harry easier. It's funny that I've heard BTTF 2 referenced. When the original actor for George McFly didn't come back for the sequel they still showed his scenes from BTTF 1 but from a different perspective. I think it's becoming clear that what we see of Harry in the ride will be limited to what happens to his character in the scene from HP7 Pt 2.

I would ask them to point out one AA at a Disney theme park that is compliant with anything human. They all look silly and clunky with mouths of a ventriloquist doll.

*snap*

I would say the ONE real animatronic they "did" have was the Yeti from Everest.. But we all know how that ended up.. :)

Can't wait for more information this guy, following this thread like crazy!

Just read the Diagon Alley Discussion thread and so far nothing...only seen a picture of where the dragon's supposed to be and it's still not there. *sigh*

The Dragon is the show stopper in the land. Don't be too stressed about it. I think Uni is waiting until the last second to install it because of how grand it is. Beyond the technology and engineering required to pull it off, it's going to be the main focus of the entire land. It looks HUGE!!!!