Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wait... there are three (3) rocking scenes in the ride. First we knew of one, then of two in the fall scene, and now a third in the first troll scene? This ride was just asking for the troubles (and raves) it has received.

I believe there are only two - in the first and second troll scenes.

I believe there are only two - in the first and second troll scenes.

Teebin is counting the drop as well. Yeah but with the track breaking in 3 spots it's a wonder the ride runs as well as it does. And while the control signal could be wireless I guess it would at least need to draw power. Unless it had a battery system that recharged at the station. But by occam's razor I would suspect that the power and control signal run on that strip. And the amount of movement in the fall/dragon scene is amazing. I really wish I could snap a flash pic of it without getting thrown out/pissing People Off.

Teebin is counting the drop as well. Yeah but with the track breaking in 3 spots it's a wonder the ride runs as well as it does. And while the control signal could be wireless I guess it would at least need to draw power. Unless it had a battery system that recharged at the station. But by occam's razor I would suspect that the power and control signal run on that strip. And the amount of movement in the fall/dragon scene is amazing. I really wish I could snap a flash pic of it without getting thrown out/pissing People Off.

It'd be nice if the first troll scene had similar levels of motion to the second. I've been sitting in row 3 a lot per Seth's reccomendation and I always notice people in front of me getting bored and looking places that they shouldn't. Real lack of action in that one.

I believe what confuses me most about the flat green strip is that it appears the color of a computer circuit board and therefore delicate. I would love to see exactly what it is and how the car connects to it as it appears so flimsy to me.

That's a pretty standard power supply for powered coasters and other rides. They've used those for years with few problems. The brass pickups just have to get changed out periodically as they wear down.

I don't think I understand what we're talking about "first and second troll scenes". Since when are there trolls in Harry Potter? Do you mean like one of the scenes where the goblin directs you to the vault, or maybe the one where you see them on a mine car and Harry and gang pull up in another one? I'm trying to think which scenes you're talking about, maybe replacing the word goblin with troll or something.

I don't think I understand what we're talking about "first and second troll scenes". Since when are there trolls in Harry Potter? Do you mean like one of the scenes where the goblin directs you to the vault, or maybe the one where you see them on a mine car and Harry and gang pull up in another one? I'm trying to think which scenes you're talking about, maybe replacing the word goblin with troll or something.

There is a troll in the bathroom of Sorcerer's Stone that Ron and Harry save Hermoine from and they are also part of Voldemort's army in the final battle. The trolls in the ride are the ones wearing the armor.

There is a troll in the bathroom of Sorcerer's Stone that Ron and Harry save Hermoine from and they are also part of Voldemort's army in the final battle. The trolls in the ride are the ones wearing the armor.

Ok.....how do we know those are trolls then if they're covered in armor- do they say that in the dialogue? I guess at least I know which scenes you're talking about now. I guess maybe their size makes it so they can't really be anything else I suppose.

Yes, they mention security trolls a few time in the queue and when the trolls first show up in the ride Ron yells "Trolls - they're daft but they're brutal" before they fall and you get stuck with the trolls. There's also trolls in the elevator, moving gears in certain places, etc...

Ok I guess I was just daft then, lol. Thank you. I did have a hard time hearing some of the dialogue on the ride, so I do need to ride it again. I'm thinking about this weekend if the crowds are dying down from school starting.

Yesterday, water effect was working when Bill casts "Aquamenti" at the Dragon. Everyone jumped and screamed in surprise. It was awesome. Didn't feel a spritz at the Thieves Downfall though. Fog was working at the finale but I couldn't tell if it was working at the projection waterfall in the practical set part.

Last edited:
Honestly I'd be cool riding all the dark rides with the lights on, I really love spotting all the little details that go into it. It's fun to take off your glasses onSpidey every once in a while and check out the lights and projections going on all around you...

Yesterday, water effect was working when Bill casts "Aquamenti" at the Dragon. Everyone jumped and screamed in surprise. It was awesome. Didn't feel a spritz at the Thieves Downfall though. Fog was working at the finale but I couldn't tell if it was working at the projection waterfall in the practical set part.

I don't know what's going on with the launch fog; it wasn't working for me yesterday around 7:15-7:30 PM. I really hope they're doing what they can to get it firing off as often as possible. It's pretty frustrating to continually see the one or more fog machines cut out early. It's not even like they're completely non-functional - it has to be a timer issue or something because I've never seen a total lack of fog. The machines just suddenly stop working for whatever reason. Singular effects usually don't bother me too much, but I can't think of many others that are as crucial to the experience (edit - Spidey's falling building prop is pretty similar, though it works for me like 95% of the time).

At least the water is making progress. Not sure how it worked for you, but it seemed slightly delayed during my ride. I got a small spritz about a second after seeing the digital water, and I recall another spritz one or two seconds later. Well, water on 1 out of 15 rides isn't too bad...right? :l

Last edited: