Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, as incredible as this SFX coaster looks and probably will be, I'm still left wondering: WHY THE HECK WASN'T THIS GRINGOTTS? Seriously, while Diagon Alley itself and Hogwarts Express are amazing, EFG was such a missed opportunity, and it frustrates me to know that we could've had a Gringotts SFX coaster while keeping Dragons. I feel like they could've made it to where guests would put their names in the Goblet, ala the ET passport. And with the metal detectors, they could have easily dueled them again.

Also, how are they going to make it different enough from the forest scene in Journey? Should try to limit the focus on spiders and focus more on werewolves (Fenrir?), centaurs and Grawp (the SFX coaster has a lifting track mechanism, so perhaps Grawp can lift you up?)

Last edited:
See, as incredible as this SFX coaster looks and probably will be, I'm still left wondering: WHY THE HECK WASN'T THIS GRINGOTTS? Seriously, while Diagon Alley itself and Hogwarts Express are amazing, EFG was such a missed opportunity, and it frustrates me to know that we could've had a Gringotts SFX coaster while keeping Dragons. I feel like they could've made it to where guests would put their names in the Goblet, ala the ET passport. And with the metal detectors, they could have easily dueled them again.

I would imagine Universal thought Intamin would allow them to create a ride that they wanted. And that the SFXCoaster wasn't shown to press until June 20th, 2014.

The Dynamic SFX is the best choice for a project like this; and that I would expect it to be teased by them at IAAPA of that they are in development of an attraction being built in Orlando.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Interesting. Looks like they might be taking this apart carefully? Or maybe that's just the way they cut the track apart at the joint?

Has anyone seen scraps metal being hauled off or are they carefully stacking pieces?

Interesting. Looks like they might be taking this apart carefully? Or maybe that's just the way they cut the track apart at the joint?

Has anyone seen scraps metal being hauled off or are they carefully stacking pieces?

It's easier to cut the bolts than cut all the way through the track and spine. It's the same way they did Hulk.

Reactions: Alicia
Why would they be careful with it? I could be wrong but I remember earlier in this discussion talking about how the track was about to expire in a couple years and would need to be completely replaced like they did with Hulk. Maybe they could refurbish the track but I was under the impression that the track was done in two years anyways.

Reactions: youhow2
Why would they be careful with it? I could be wrong but I remember earlier in this discussion talking about how the track was about to expire in a couple years and would need to be completely replaced like they did with Hulk. Maybe they could refurbish the track but I was under the impression that the track was done in two years anyways.
I don't think there's really any "expiration" for coaster track. It may be that stress is causing small fractures that need welding periodically but the lifespan of these things could theoretically be 50+ years like other steel infrastructure like bridges. With proper care and maintenance it could be even longer.

More than anything there is depreciation on equipment like this (for tax purposes) with the company being able to write of the value. Big companies all do this since it's a way to reduce taxes and make investments in new equipment.

good to see ya :wave:

:peace::cheers:

Super sad about Dueling Dragons, ill always remember the first time I rode dragons in the front row and the feeling of watching another train headed straight for us followed by the feet flying by us from the other train. Was unlike anything else I have ever been on.

On the plus side we will be getting a new coaster and hopefully some more Potter area from the freed up space.

Reactions: Felipe and amelia
Is there enough room for one of these adjacent to Hollywood's Hogsmeade?

If the Forbidden Forest is coming to Hollywood, I would have to imagine it takes over the current Tram Plaza, Maintenance Bay for Tram, some CW Backstage and maybe the solar panels. Why? Is that being considered for Hollywood as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.