Hello Kitty Coming to Universal | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Hello Kitty Coming to Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Could this have to do with a new entrance plaza for USF? This and some doubts about Shrek would point to a large swath of land becoming available.

I only know who Lucy is because of Universal.... Imagine if it was some sort of Universal Classic Monsters Store I'd happily take that.

What actually is in that building isn't it just a store and TV's playing old I love Lucy episodes?

This isn't going to take a lot of time or money.

Oh okay. Sweet.

I only know who Lucy is because of Universal.... Imagine if it was some sort of Universal Classic Monsters Store I'd happily take that.

What actually is in that building isn't it just a store and TV's playing old I love Lucy episodes?

You know, I recently went into the Lucy store and spend 40 minutes in there. I was with my girlfriend and I wanted a "World's Greatest |Insert Person of Interest Here| trophy and that store was the only one to have "Mother" on the day before mothers day. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed reading about it. I didnt even know who Lucy was. My girlfriend and I are 24, she knew because of her grandparents, and I was so glad to at least get to see and read some of the interesting excerpts. I hope Universal creates an "attraction" with the lost rides and tributes so that many of us who don't know, can know.

You know, I recently went into the Lucy store and spend 40 minutes in there. I was with my girlfriend and I wanted a "World's Greatest |Insert Person of Interest Here| trophy and that store was the only one to have "Mother" on the day before mothers day. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed reading about it. I didnt even know who Lucy was. My girlfriend and I are 24, she knew because of her grandparents, and I was so glad to at least get to see and read some of the interesting excerpts. I hope Universal creates an "attraction" with the lost rides and tributes so that many of us who don't know, can know.

If only everyone had your attention span.

I was raised on Lucille Ball and my family's always been huge fans of the exhibit and her shows. It's a shame stupid millenials can't just educate themselves. Most of how TV functions is because of Lucy's work, both as an actress and a producer.

If only everyone had your attention span.

I was raised on Lucille Ball and my family's always been huge fans of the exhibit and her shows. It's a shame stupid millenials can't just educate themselves. Most of how TV functions is because of Lucy's work, both as an actress and a producer.

Come on now. Don't blame "Millenials" for something they probably don't have direct access too.

So, for those of you that know the rumor of this project, can you at least provide some hints or riddles as to what is going on? Just general interest, I know you guys have said it's a pretty small project.

Thanks.

And not surprising, actually pretty much what I was expecting. That's pretty much been Uni's main goal (where they've been very successful) over the past few years - filling dead spaces with things that will move merch.

They don't get TV Land or is it because they all just stream stuff these days because television in general is old?

Merch meaning the entire thing is going to be just another store?

Probably more the latter than the former.

In a way, TV Land was actually a step back for getting classic shows out there. I latched onto these shows back when Nick at Nite was still a thing. I mean, staying up late to watch shows on Nickelodeon was great! When TV Land came around, it was seen as the "old people's station" so it sort of had its niche audience and was less likely to draw in more people. The lessened exposure meant the shows did not stay in pop culture consciousness. I mean, even TV Land is producing new sitcoms now to draw people to their station and most of those shows star someone famous from the 80's/90's.

I'm one of the people that enjoys the Lucy exhibit & stops there every vacation to browse through it. But that being said, I've never seen anything but a very few people spending any time in that area. It doesn't seem to attract much interest, so I can see why Universal may be changing the area......But my GF always spends a good sum on buying things for herself & others at the Betty Boop store, so I'm sure she would be disappointed if BB leaves.