Hello Kitty Coming to Universal | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Hello Kitty Coming to Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was never a fan of Lucy but I did see the appeal. It seems we are being slowly weened off of the classic attractions though. If Nintendo is taking over kid zone (rumored) there goes ET and horror make up show needs a re work or it's being taken out as well. Do I want this to happen? No but in the name of progress I can suck it up. Bring on the merch.

Lucy land will certainly be amazing..

but seriously..Production Central needs some loving..so I'm down with whatever they choose to do

Production Central will be more or less the same still--just a minor facelift of the existing building and some changes inside.

- - - Updated - - -

So aimed towards girls?

Yes. And probably a good amount of foreigners.

And creeps...

Was never a fan of Lucy but I did see the appeal. It seems we are being slowly weened off of the classic attractions though. If Nintendo is taking over kid zone (rumored) there goes ET and horror make up show needs a re work or it's being taken out as well. Do I want this to happen? No but in the name of progress I can suck it up. Bring on the merch.

E.T. isn't going anywhere. When KidZone finally goes down to start Nintendo work, E.T. is going to likely get a refurb and a new entrance to make it part of the Hollywood section of the park.

E.T. isn't going anywhere. When KidZone finally goes down to start Nintendo work, E.T. is going to likely get a refurb and a new entrance to make it part of the Hollywood section of the park.

Man Spieldberg just won't let it die but hey I won't complain. It could use a nice refurb and such but this is news to me. Was this mentioned in the other threads because I didn't see it.

Really hope they make it part of hollywood. Besides T2 theres nothing else really there. That reroute would be perfect

If they did the new entrance would have to replace the Garden of Allah restaurant. Having it directly on the the main Hollywood block would involve rerouting the parade's backstage route as the walkway to the show building would have to go over a current road.

Anyways... :focus:

I wonder if Universal will be allowed to create a few unique Hello Kitty drinks. I searched strawberry milk and happened on this train wreck. Asians are freakin bonkers...

Strawberry milkshakes and pink soft serve ice cream are two things that might be taken advantage of with unique packaging.

(please know that I loath the franchise and I am only being pragmatic)

I think a lot of people are missing the fact that this is aimed at a demographic that is more or less ignored at the Studios. The Disney Princess crowd has little incentive to buy any of the existing merch. This could capture some of that money when their brothers and families drag them to UOR.

Yea, it's not for us, but I assume UOR will make it look nice and it'll fill a need.

From @MrBrianORL on twitter. What a hoot! :lol:

CG_RpYdVIAATE18.jpg