Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN ‘19: Holidayz in Hell

I agree Day of the Dead should be in there, it was one of the best parts. As someone said, hopefully it's being held off for a Mexican inspired house (the one Murdy referenced last year) or maybe even the return of La Llorona.

I mean - it’s Halloween Horror Nights. Halloween is well represented enough :lol:
I actually disagree, Halloween is a crucial element I feel is missing from most years of HHN haha we desperately need more pumpkin and fall imagery.

The content for this looks amazing. Not sold on Figure but otherwise the creativity shines and everything works. Was against hearing about this but I'm excited for it now. Hoping for no cut corners.

I really like the kid with his limbs blown off from fireworks and the leprechaun melting people down with gold in his lair. Gives me solid El Cucuy vibes.

honestlly, i think cinco de mayo and the others may, and i mean a huge MAYBE..be actually inside the maze. like in the image, it shows an uncle sam. yet when murdy was talking about the fourth of july room, he didn't mention him. so i won't be surprised if there's some things murdy didn't say for the maze, so he can surprise us.

I really like the kid with his limbs blown off from fireworks and the leprechaun melting people down with gold in his lair. Gives me solid El Cucuy vibes.

There's just a ton of vivid imagery, which I love. Irish countryside and evil Fairies, fireworks stand in the middle of nowhere, 20's Flappers, 50's Turkey Home Invasion. It's all really classic America and it's amazing that it's all gonna show up in a maze.

Would've loved a little Trick or Treating riff in the middle for Halloween, like a little house facade with a man passing out poisoned candy or an evil cornmaze or something. I usually don't like inserting my own ideas for scenes into a maze, especially when it's an original, but something about the concept makes me so excited that I can't really help it.

Gotta say I'm really excited about this one, I loved the scarezone last year and I can't wait to see it on a larger scale with more detailed sets, also happy to see essentially the return of Dark Christmas this year, heres to hoping the rest of the mazes measure up to this quality design wise.

im gonna take a guess and say this will be the giveaway maze this year, the holiday postcards are too good of a prize to not give away

I'm looking forward to this maze & how it ultimately gets executed. However, I'm not a fan of them listing the scarezone finale of the maze as a scarezone just to bump up the count. A scarezone should be able to be accessed from both directions, not "one way". Hell, all the Metro SZs are just "scenic detours", I don't mind them, but its not like you can sit & watch the action.

And I wish the font looked more professional.
Fun Fact: The actual key art had to be thrown together literally 3 days before Monsterpalooza... it looks pretty damn epic for last minute.

I was kind of hoping it would be hosted by the Screecher or something to continue the “Titans” story
Except... Titans of Terror pretty much abandoned its "story". But considering this scarezone becoming a maze literally is "Holidays of Horror" from HHN Orlando, it would've been fun to have The Screecher incorporated similar to H.R. Bloodengutz..

Makes me a little sad, especially the Halloween section missing.
No Halloween section!? At HALLOWEEN Horror Nights!? C’mon!
Even Orlando had created a scene for "H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror", but ultimately cut it because the event itself represents Halloween. Would it be nice to have? sure. But it won't make or break the maze. The 2 other holidays Orlando featured- "presidents day" & "arbor day"

Nah. If it was, he would’ve mentioned it.

IF that Ghostbusters rumor is true, I could very easily see that as the password/giveaway house.
Watching the live stream he seemed like he was a little pressed for time so maybe it was a detail he left out or maybe it’s not the password maze. Either way the holiday greeting cards would be a cool thing to give away

IF that Ghostbusters rumor is true, I could very easily see that as the password/giveaway house.
twinkies.... the twitter password gift would have to be twinkies lol

Watching the live stream he seemed like he was a little pressed for time so maybe it was a detail he left out or maybe it’s not the password maze. Either way the holiday greeting cards would be a cool thing to give away
Yes, Murdy was very pressed for time. He pretty much had to rush & do the vip ticket give-away. Yea, when they flashed the different holiday cards together on the screen, we jokingly said it'd be perfect for the twitter password maze. Although it'd be very similar to the Krampus postcards in 2016

I'm excited for this maze, but because of how low Hollywood's budget, I'm not expecting much. I think most of us can agree that this maze will just be bits and pieces pulled out from previous scare zones and mazes. For example, the 4th of July section of this scare zone was entirely sets from the Purge. While it's great that they're recycling, it would be nice to see something added to this section of the maze to make it more exciting. Like I said, I'm definitely excited for this original maze, however I hope they pull it off as well as they did with UCM!

I'm excited for this maze, but because of how low Hollywood's budget, I'm not expecting much. I think most of us can agree that this maze will just be bits and pieces pulled out from previous scare zones and mazes. For example, the 4th of July section of this scare zone was entirely sets from the Purge. While it's great that they're recycling, it would be nice to see something added to this section of the maze to make it more exciting. Like I said, I'm definitely excited for this original maze, however I hope they pull it off as well as they did with UCM!

Call me crazy, but I think they might surprise us here. The St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving and New Years sections sound like a grand time. Even the Fourth of July section sounds like they're throwing a ton of new stuff in it with the fireworks stand approach. I can see how we've been disappointed before, but UCM was almost entirely new sets and that's a credit to the creative team. Even if it is recycled (that Christmas Tree Farm sounds very familiar), it's still being recontextualized in a new and exciting way.

Of course, we can be disappointed, but I think with everything shown, I'm optimistic with this maze.