HHN '17 - American Horror Story | Inside Universal Forums

HHN '17 - American Horror Story

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Even though information is limited, it was officially announced offhandedly.

So discuss the Hollywood house here!

EDIT: IU has now posted a proper article,

American Horror Story: Your Roanoke Nightmare headed to Halloween Horror Nights – Inside Universal

IMG_0587-960x573.jpg

Edit dos: From Twitter, by Murdy himself;

Deep in the backwoods of North Carolina, there is an isolated farmhouse that has witnessed centuries of horror! Legend has it that the house was built close to the site of the infamous “Lost Colony of Roanoke".

No one knows what happened to the doomed colonists of Roanoke, but the suffering of the residents of the farmhouse has been well documented a legacy of murder and madness that extends back into the murky past in an unbroken chain of horror!

They say that the most dangerous time to visit the farmhouse is during the first moon after the harvest…the Blood Moon! But in the woods beyond the haunted farmhouse, even worse horrors await! Whispers of cannibalism, blood-sacrifices & murderous spirits who still cling to the cursed land! Terrible secrets waiting to be discovered!

Welcome to American Horror Story: Roanoke!

Murdy goes on and says, that the reason of why he is not doing a mash-up, similar to last year; is more that it will allow Murdy and the team to have seasons like Asylum and Coven get the treatment that they deserve, as potential other houses in the future. And that while it was positively recieved last year, it'll allow Murdy and the team to be more in-depth with the story of Roanoke.

He also mentions that while the facade from last year will return, there will be a second facade as people enter the maze. So in a sense, from what I can guess; Murdy will be tackling it, similar towards when he did the mazes for Black Sabbath and Alien vs. Predator from the past few years at Soundstage 747.

Last edited:
Reactions: snayberry
I'm totally ok with this. I much prefer for each season to get a maze of their own. Plus, this extends the AHS brand much further into the future of HHN. Seems like a win to me!

From what it seems like in the Press Release, it seems to entail that Universal Hollywood will be collaborating with the team of FoxNext for American Horror Story - Your Roanoke Nightmare.

It's not clear of the exact relationship, so I'll leave it at that for a while..