Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '17 - The Horrors of Blumhouse

Blumhouse already had an original attraction called "Blumhouse of Horrors" (which was an original theater haunted attraction in LA). They probably knew that when searching up "Blumhouse of Horror, the HHN results would outweigh the Blumhouse results. So the name change was necessary in order to not have the 2 mazes mixed up. (That's my theory).
That's.....actually a really good point. In that case I can now see why they would do that.

The only flaw I see with the setting of the maze is why anyone in their right mind would want to go to a film fest during the Purge. I mean, I know it's shuttered, but it would be great if Murdy said "was" and not "is". One word makes all the difference.

That's.....actually a really good point. In that case I can now see why they would do that.

The only flaw I see with the setting of the maze is why anyone in their right mind would want to go to a film fest during the Purge.
probably those youtube urban explorers, doing it for the views man, i can just imagine the title
sneaking into theater during purge [ GONE WRONG ] [ ALMOST GOT ATTACKED BY A DEMON AND A WEIRD BABY FACE GUY ]

probably those youtube urban explorers, doing it for the views man, i can just imagine the title
sneaking into theater during purge [ GONE WRONG ] [ ALMOST GOT ATTACKED BY A DEMON AND A WEIRD BABY FACE GUY ]
Probably those doucebags who """""sneaked""""" into all of those Orlando parks overnight.

"YOOOOO WHAT'S UP EVERYONE? WE NEED YOU TO SMASH THAT LIJE BUTTON! WE'RE TRYING TO GET OVER 100,000,000 LIKES! WE'RE GONNA SNEAK IN DURING THE P- *gets shot*

Just edit it
yeah if anyone wondering what he meant i poked a joke at the mods but since im on a quote on quote ; small leash [ yes im a pet to them ] ; i decided to delete it so i don't get a bad wrap and if i get banned [ if i do i can understand why, and i know who but i won't insult them ]

yeah if anyone wondering what he meant i poked a joke at the mods but since im on a quote on quote ; small leash [ yes im a pet to them ] ; i decided to delete it so i don't get a bad wrap and if i get banned [ if i do i can understand why, and i know who but i won't insult them ]
How about not constantly trying to complain about the moderators and keep it to yourself because:
  1. Nobody on this forum really cares that much.
  2. You're just getting yourself into more trouble.
Thank you!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
So yea,, the title of house is not as good as "Blumhouse of Horrors", but meh...

Overall, I like the premise for the most part. However, I would've rather seen Insidious included into maze instead of it getting its own maze. I'm curious to see how they plan to execute The Purge segment this year compared to last year's maze. Just would've been nice to have 4 blumhouse movies featured & then the JP queue be something else entirely (That is NOT Blumhouse).

I'm also confused on where & how they exactly plan on putting the queue for this. They still could've had the shuttered Purge concept for the theatre facade & featured The Purge elsewhere in the maze. Devote 2-3 scenes per movie. That way the entire plaza can be used for the queue.

If French St is going to be used for the RIP tours.... that... doesn't make much sense. Especially when you consider the fact that French St has had a SZ in it all the other years they had a VIP tour.

Well I guess Murdy just answered the question of why Get Out isn't part of this maze. He said it was because of the social commentary and that it wouldn't translate well to a maze (according to him).

Well I guess Murdy just answered the question of why Get Out isn't part of this maze. He said it was because of the social commentary and that it wouldn't translate well to a maze (according to him).
As much as I am disappointed that a Get Out segment won't be in the maze, I fully understand it now. People with political issues against Get Out would lash out against Universal as well, creating propaganda posts about Universal Studios being "alt-left" and starting a boycott trend (which is not very hard to do. Nowadays, these things are easy to trigger). We already saw what happened to Chucky's Insult Emporium, Bill & Ted, and the Scarezone Street Preachers (I don't know if that's the official name for them, but that's what I like to call them). A full-fledged Get Out maze would be the worst possible move HHN could possibly make. Even though there's already backlash going around that Get Out isn't in The Horrors of Blumhouse.

In related news, if the transition room for Happy Death Day isn't a cake and/or doesn't smell like cake, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

Damn you Karpy, now i want cake!
Buy yourself Kroger Deluxe Jammed Birthday Bash ice cream. It has confetti sprinkles and birthday cake icing mixed into it and it's seriously the best thing ever.

:topic:I'm actually more excited for the Happy Death Day portion of the maze. Before, it was the lowest thing on my anticipation list (below The Walking Dead Attraction), but when I saw the announcement video and they played that clip of the Baby Face Killer in the room with the party lights going on in the background... I was completely sold. I saw colors, and I immediately was attracted to the property.

I extremely love lighting in mazes. Not just environmental lighting (I love those too), but also when there's an aesthetic to it. No, I'm not talking about those blinding over-colorful 3D mazes. Things like the Krampus facade (actually about 2/3 of Krampus), the Insidious: Chapter 3 bedroom, the candle room from 2015 Halloween, and everything neon from The Purge Gauntlet are things that seriously turn me on at HHN. Hell, I even stop to mesmerize at the blinking horn lights on sale.

I know HHN isn't really a museum, but if The Horrors of Blumhouse turns out to be the most aesthetic maze of HHN 2017; which right now seems to be a battle between Blumhouse and The Shining (THOSE CARPETS :love:); then it'll ultimately be on the list for my favorite environmental mazes of all time.

Buy yourself Kroger Deluxe Jammed Birthday Bash ice cream. It has confetti sprinkles and birthday cake icing mixed into it and it's seriously the best thing ever.
You're evil. I hate you. ......Now I'm going to eat my cookie explosion ice cream

They should sell "Happy Death Day" cake slices at the event. I'm sure they'd charge like $5+ for it though. Unfortunately, knowing Universal, they'll just sell a "Happy Death Day" donut and/or cupcake (ahem.. yea looking at you 2017 Lunar New Year event)

You're evil. I hate you. ......Now I'm going to eat my cookie explosion ice cream

They should sell "Happy Death Day" cake slices at the event. I'm sure they'd charge like $5+ for it though. Unfortunately, knowing Universal, they'll just sell a "Happy Death Day" donut and/or cupcake (ahem.. yea looking at you 2017 Lunar New Year event)
I just made myself a birthday cake ice cream cookie sandwich. I don't really recommend it. Ok maybe the ice cream isn't the best thing ever. It's like foamy and not really cold.

Creepy version of "In Da Club" by 50 Cent. 'nough said. We heard Mr Sandman last year, we know this is a possibility.
That's a high possibility since it's sorta done in the official trailer and even some Instagram ads.

Or a creepy version of "Redbone"
That would've been super sick. I imagined that would've been playing during the Sunken Place segment.

I'm on a reply roll today. :horse:

Something interesting to me is the beginning of THoBH is that it seems to be connected in the events of The Purge. And that I am starting to wonder, perhaps they will play it as The Purgers are playing the horror characters killing you in-character?

I sense somewhat of a unique dynamic with this maze, one that I never truly thought of till now.

USH's HHN, has built up The Purge more and more as something that does have an impact. And that it connects within itself rather nicely. It's almost like having somewhat of an in-park-verse already established, and that it's something kind-of nice to see in Hollywood, especially considering that Orlando has had that with all of their original characters.