HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
i liked this years event! and can't wait to go back! i still need to do the Saw House and B&T.

My favorite hour were the 3 sound stages. :) Oh I even really enjoyed the spawning cause they got me a few times. Chuckys was good - they got me there too - especially right at the end - but half the stuff was not working it seemed. Meets Meat was a great fun idea!

Brian said that it had the longest plot story line while it was developed. Was that story line ever made public?

Well Ill be back up prob on the 15th! :)

Post above update:

My house shirt was 21.95!

:(

If you see me out in the screet, ask for my discount.

(OU sharing discount. :))

Yea it's Thursday again! Hoping to see Chucky tonight. And maybe even make a stop to see the Ghosthunters. That's one of the things that I think HHN does really well - they keep adding to the event as it goes on.

Noticed on Sunday that they are now selling Red Stripe too!

i liked this years event! and can't wait to go back! i still need to do the Saw House and B&T.

My favorite hour were the 3 sound stages. :) Oh I even really enjoyed the spawning cause they got me a few times. Chuckys was good - they got me there too - especially right at the end - but half the stuff was not working it seemed. Meets Meat was a great fun idea!

Brian said that it had the longest plot story line while it was developed. Was that story line ever made public?

Well Ill be back up prob on the 15th! :)

It's sorta public. Basically Meatz is an immigrant who comes to Carey, Ohio and starts selling his meat, which so happens to be human meat. The townspeople catch wind and uncover the truth. However, they like what's been served so they start to help Sam Meatz bring in unsuspecting tourists/patrons and use their meat to satisfy their hunger.

You can see throughout the house hints of the story. You'll find cops, townfolk and even kids all wearing the Meatz mascot mask. In the children's classroom, you'll see different charts on how to cut meat since they are being groomed to continue the tradition.

I know some people had no cluie what "The 'Z' stands for fresh" motto came from. Z is the symbol for cannibals.

Everybody in the pool, it's "all swim!"

I went to HHN on Thursday and someone must have flipped a switch to the "on" position. It's like Universal sees how little they can get away with every year and then fixes it when they start getting the lousy surveys. Anyway, I'm glad they did because it's significantly better than the first two weekends.

There were tons more actors in every scare zone and man, does it help. I only actually counted characters in the hacktion scare zone before because I was so disappointed with only 4 guys with chainsaws, now they've got six and it feels a lot more intense. I still say it's too light though. They also seemed to have more of the "production crew" too but I don't have solid numbers to back it up. The zombie war zone feels like it went from 7 actors on previous nights to 15 yesterday. Wow, does it make a big difference. There were noticeably more actors in each of the other scare zones too and they're all better because of it.

I'll also say it was EXTREMELY busy by 8pm again. This year looks like it's going to be a big one for attendance.

Around 8pm I made a round looking for a good house with a short line but just about every house I liked had long lines. I thought it might be interesting for everyone here to see what the line times were (according to the signs) to see what the masses are saying they like by voting with their feet.

Here are the results:

20 minutes -- Wolfman
25 minutes -- Silver Screams
30 minutes -- Frankenstein
45 minutes -- The Spawning
45 minutes -- Leave it to Cleaver
45 minutes -- Chucky
60 minutes -- Dracula
75 minutes -- Saw

I still haven't seen Dracula, it looks like it must be good, but all of the other lines basically correspond with how I'd rate them--except Silver Screams, love that house.

Last edited:
I agree - thursday night was nuts!! Not only more visitors but also scareactors. The Ghosthunters guys had a massive line, so I only got a peek from the side.

New Experience & Tip: I entered Chucky just as they were doing a cast change, and I was held back in line in the house by an attendant who was walking 2 monkeys past me. Kinda killed the mood. I feel like I missed a lot in Chucky because of this - there were empty spots where I'm sure someone was supposed to be, so I'll have to do it again. From now on when I see the new cast walking over while I'm just about to enter the house, I'm gonna step to the side and let others go ahead of me. I understand the cast needs to be changed out frequently, it just sucks when it happens around you!

Last Night = Slowest...Friday...Ever

Heres my Summary
-Ran through Lights..Camera..Hacktion(on Purpose)
-Got jumped in Horrorwood by 4 of the chracters
-Got an OU shout out to our very own..JAKEMEISTER!
-Was paying attention to detail in Silver Screams more than the scareactors. :lol:
-Watching some guy get kicked out for walking all the way to the back of the line to fight someone.
-Getting Snarled at in A:COC
-Watching cleaver stay 20 minutes.... all night, and Wolfman staying at 10. :lol:

SAW=75
Chucky= 40
Wolfman= 10 Minutes (all night)
Silver Screams= 20
The Spawning= 40
Frankenstien= 30
Dracula = 60
Leave it To Cleaver= 20! all night.

Yeah, they either need to add a whole lot more attractions, add more nights, actually open HRRR, or put an attendance cap on it because last night (sunday-non-peak), was seriously packed! Put an attendance cap on it, Universal, HAHAHAHAHAH, yeah right, LOLOLOLOL!!! Never. gonna. happen. $$$

They used to sell out and had less people there then they do now...The dollar is so Mighty...But I would do the same things....I say they change the frequent fear pass to help with the congestion. I would take a bet that 75 percent of people there on Sunday had a season pass and a frequent fear pass.

We did the Finnegan's stay and scream thing for the first time and it was pretty darn packed in and out of the restaurant so I'd say you're probably right. If anyone gets the chance to do this it really is a great way to get a jump on the houses. They let us in at 5:50 pm and opened up only Wolfman. We had to wait about 5 minutes for Wolfman. When we came out they had opened the gates (a half an hour early), and by the time we made it to Dracula the wait was posted 10 minutes, actually 30.

From Screamscape -

(10/13/09) A reader visiting Halloween Horror Nights tells us that they came across what sounds like a little Easter egg possibly for next year’s haunt. While standing outside Mel’s Diner and watching the drive-in movie screen for a bit of time, they noticed something odd at the end of the reel. A movie ticket stub comes on the screen and says “Coming Soon”, followed by footage of a “clown”, and then Flashlight (The Usher) holding a finger to his mouth as if to say “Shhhh!” The footage jumped back and forth between the clown and Flashlight for a few more seconds before coming to an end. It kind of makes one wonder if this may be a hint that Jack may be coming back again. Anyone else seen this?

Personally, I hope not. I'd rather them hold off a few more years before bringing him back.

Personally, I don't ever want Jack back...ever. His status as an icon is killed. Universal has used him to the point where he's not even horrifying anymore. Eddie vs. Jack would be nice though. Plus, Roddy said it would be a possibility.

Personally, I don't ever want Jack back...ever. His status as an icon is killed. Universal has used him to the point where he's not even horrifying anymore. Eddie vs. Jack would be nice though. Plus, Roddy said it would be a possibility.

Am I one of the very, very few who would like to see Jack return to the event?? And, with it being the 20th next year, it's most likely bound to happen anyways.

A reunion is highly possible. And saying because they had 16 be a reunion makes it not likely, well 17 and 19 were both movie themed. I really don't mind Jack coming back mainly because I never got to see him at the event myself.

Wolfman was due to come out this year=Wolfman house
Cirque du Freak is out this month=scarezone
Saw VI due this month=house
So, lots of good synergy here right? $$$
What is due to come out next year?
Can Universal still use New Line characters? New Nightmare on Elm Street movie is out next year. What else comes out? I have no idea, just thinking ahead.